It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Stellaris: Nemesis expansion is coming soon to GOG.COM!

Determine the fate of a destabilizing galaxy. Adding espionage tools, a path to power as the Galactic Custodian to combat endgame crises - or the Menace option to BECOME the endgame crisis - Nemesis gives you the most powerful tools ever available in Stellaris.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
BitMaster_1980: That said, the base game and previous expansions are usually heavily discounted when a new one releases and whenever I eyeballed that base game + previous expansions seemed to have been aroundish constant, with some uncertainty when one of the newer expansions was received very well or badly.
Yup, at full price Stellaris is unreasonably expensive and you really want to be picking it up on sale. On sale getting a "complete" version will run you somewhere in the neighborhood of $100, which is still quite pricey but reasonable if you're really into the game. For a casual player just getting in, I would definitely advise sticking to the base plus Utopia plus maybe one or two others that look interesting to you, and you can keep the purchase price to under $30 on sale.

Generally the DLC's go on sale 8-12 months after they are released, and it's often prudent to wait for this because the DLC is very expensive at full price for how much content is actually there.
i_ni:
In the news: https://phys.org/news/2021-02-quantum-entire-radio-frequency-spectrum.html
"""
A new quantum sensor can analyze the full spectrum of radio frequency and real-world signals, unleashing new potentials for soldier communications, spectrum awareness and electronic warfare.
"""

-> spies don't sleep either

Edit: typo
Post edited February 06, 2021 by i_ni
i_ni: Having espionage (stations) in the vastness of space seems ... impractical (read impossible).
Besides, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_cryptography can guarantee a secure A <-> B communication that has the means to detect eavesdropping and much more.
Artki: So you have spies and paid informants instead.
Indeed. In the real world, agencies that neglected HUMINT have paid for it already
BitMaster_1980: That said, the base game and previous expansions are usually heavily discounted when a new one releases and whenever I eyeballed that base game + previous expansions seemed to have been aroundish constant, with some uncertainty when one of the newer expansions was received very well or badly.
Darvin: Yup, at full price Stellaris is unreasonably expensive and you really want to be picking it up on sale. On sale getting a "complete" version will run you somewhere in the neighborhood of $100, which is still quite pricey but reasonable if you're really into the game. For a casual player just getting in, I would definitely advise sticking to the base plus Utopia plus maybe one or two others that look interesting to you, and you can keep the purchase price to under $30 on sale.

Generally the DLC's go on sale 8-12 months after they are released, and it's often prudent to wait for this because the DLC is very expensive at full price for how much content is actually there.
The game is very good even without DLC. If one likes it and eventually wants to see and do new things, there are DLC to add more. Rinse and repeat and the game stays afresh. Eventually, adding more and more DLC changes the game into something rather different than it was originally. That seems to be a sensible approach.
Post edited February 08, 2021 by Carradice