It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Get ready to travel to the ancient Egyptian city of Karnak where Alien forces possessing horrifying powers have sealed off the once-thriving community from all outside contact. PowerSlave Exhumed, a perfect blend of the console ports of an FPS classic, is coming soon to GOG.COM!

Also, if you like first-person shooters with a vintage charm, visit the Realms Deep 2021 Festival streamed between 13th and 15th August 2021 on 3D Realms’ Twitch channel.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
KrOme, Beamdog, and night dive studio, the OG trifecta inspiring purchases of old-school PC games since 1865!

Instabuying both when it comes out, I hope GoG does a twofer sale for them!
Post edited August 15, 2021 by TZODnmr2k5
Woo Hoo!
Post edited August 15, 2021 by Windows9X
Very good release! Now I want both Powerslaves XD
And the Witchaven remasters too. It's always a good thing when old games get this kind of curation. I've been skeptic of the Forseken Remaster as there still is the time limit, that I didn't like on the PSx. It's also been my problem with Shadowgate. Bad design choices from old games is better kept as optional in remakes/remasters IMHO.
I'm surprised Iron Maiden's management hasn't tried to change this game's name yet (nor the original one from 1996), like it did with Ion Maiden, since Powerslave is the name of the band's fifth album (its third with singer Bruce Dickinson), which was released in 1984.
Tarhiel: So, Crossmando, you were saying? ;)
I
It's good to see it here. I've never actually played the console versions though, only the PC port. I do wonder if they want on porting over the PC version too eventually.
DeadlyRamon: I'm surprised Iron Maiden's management hasn't tried to change this game's name yet (nor the original one from 1996), like it did with Ion Maiden, since Powerslave is the name of the band's fifth album (its third with singer Bruce Dickinson), which was released in 1984.
It's actually not surprising considering Iron Maiden was trademarked by Iron Maiden, whereas PowerSlave was not trademarked, that is not up until a few years ago when it was trademarked by Night Dive Studios. So maybe they'll retroactively make Iron Maiden change their album title. I'd suggest "Powerfury".
Tarhiel: So, Crossmando, you were saying? ;)
Crosmando: I
It's good to see it here. I've never actually played the console versions though, only the PC port. I do wonder if they want on porting over the PC version too eventually.
My guess would be that they would use at least music (digital tracks) + cutscene voiceovers from this version, even though it was not stated in the trailer.
Fandi: If someone is looking for a comparison of the different versions:
[url=]
https://youtu.be/HCsO8O4W4Fw
[/url]
great video and channel ++
So, the messege to bring home is that this version (console based) has metroidvania elements, one can revisit levels choosing them from a map and explore previously unaccessible areas, while the DOS version was a straight-forward, traditional linear shooter.

I can tell this is made with love. One day I might try the Turok remasters too - the PSx version was an appalling experience.
Post edited August 16, 2021 by Dogmaus
Now if Night Dive could rescue NOLF 1-2 that would be sweet.
Woah, this looks great. I remember Powerslave for DOS (it is sold here on GOG), but many say, that the console games are totally different. They are more like RPG games in first-person shooter mode.

Fandi: If someone is looking for a comparison of the different versions:
https://youtu.be/HCsO8O4W4Fw
Oh, thanks for this video! Köszönöm.
Post edited August 16, 2021 by OP_2021
retron22: Now if Night Dive could rescue NOLF 1-2 that would be sweet.
That game is a copyright nightmare because no one knows who actually owns the IP.
retron22: Now if Night Dive could rescue NOLF 1-2 that would be sweet.
TheBigCore: That game is a copyright nightmare because no one knows who actually owns the IP.
And the two prime candidates can't be arsed to find out.
One game (FPS) that really cool and I love it from first time I've played it - Chasm_The Rift (1997). It's from Ukrainian Developers (unfortunately this studio closed long time ago :((( ), but game only for DOS, so to see Remaster - one of the most desirable things in my life.

P.S. Everyone who want to make own contribution to possible Remaster - vote for it on Wishlist ƪ(ړײ)‎ƪ​​
Wish for Chasm_The Rift #1
Wish for Chasm_The Rift #2
Wish for Chasm_The Rift #3
Wish for Chasm_The Rift #4
Wish for Chasm_The Rift #5
low rated
so many of similar games lately
LifeLover: One game (FPS) that really cool and I love it from first time I've played it - Chasm_The Rift (1997).
I remember someone on this forum saying that they asked the people who currently own the rights about releasing it and that they said they have no interest in doing so. So remaster is probably even less likely.