It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Reigniting that old flame.

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire is coming soon, DRM-free on GOG.com.
The sequel to Obsidian's seminal RPG, which brought back all the immersion and attention to detail we remember from the genre's classics, is finally around the corner. Introducing naval battle mechanics, a new vast open world, a relationship system that now also affects interactions between your companions, and an epic story involving the re-emergence of an old god, it's shaping up to be the one RPG you'll be replaying for all eternity.
Post edited November 13, 2017 by maladr0Id
Thanks to GOG and Obsidian for managing to give us the beta here. It is a breath of fresh air after the common "early access only" deal.
Does POE 2 have full voice-acting for all of the text this time?
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Does POE 2 have full voice-acting for all of the text this time?
From the recent Q&A Stream (transcript):

Is the game going to be fully voiced attack like Divinity: Original Sin 2, or is it going to be like Pillars 1?
JS: We're going to have a lot more voice acting than Pillars 1. Can't say right now that it's going to be fully voiced, but we are committing to doing much, much, much more voice acting; far more characters voiced, far more lines of dialogue. That is something we are absolutely committing to.
BH: Right now, playing development builds, we use text-to-speech generation to do temp VO lines, which is very entertaining in a lot of areas.
Oh? They think people will buy the sequel on GOG? Cute.
Post edited December 03, 2017 by MaximumBunny
Am I the only one that wishes developers stop overcomplicating things? Ok :(

PoE was fine. This one has so much in it that I actually feel motivated to not even get the first one.
Why are the expansions still up? Especially since the sum total of the cost of the base game plus the expansions is far more expensive than the Definitive version, which does the same thing?
Plus, I bought only the base game because I didn't want to shell out money for White March at the time. If I bought the Definitive version, what becomes of the base game's main launcher? Are there identical files between the two that get ignored or would it be like I never owned this game I spent money on in the first place?
wintermute.: How soon is now? :P

It's a bit pointless to say "soon" without a specific date. If "soon" is next year nobody is taking you seriously anymore for such PR stunts.
It's annoying to get triggered months before the "soon" esp. if you are one of the backer anyways.
You do realize that "next year" is only a couple weeks away, right?
wintermute.: How soon is now? :P

It's a bit pointless to say "soon" without a specific date. If "soon" is next year nobody is taking you seriously anymore for such PR stunts.
It's annoying to get triggered months before the "soon" esp. if you are one of the backer anyways.
benpfaa: You do realize that "next year" is only a couple weeks away, right?
You realize you necro an weeks old thread, right? And as you don't have any more specific date, you don't even know WHEN next year exactly. So: what's your point anyways? Go and play some game.
benpfaa: You do realize that "next year" is only a couple weeks away, right?
wintermute.: You realize you necro an weeks old thread, right? And as you don't have any more specific date, you don't even know WHEN next year exactly. So: what's your point anyways? Go and play some game.
I absolutely did not pay attention to the original posting date. For some reason, I thought this was a new post. My bad.