It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Patron game is coming soon to GOG.COM!

Prepare for a survival city builder with a unique social dynamics system. Gather and produce resources, build your fledgling village into a prosperous city and navigate the intricate social tensions before they reach boiling point.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
jackster79: So if I already got Banished, and still have a way to go in that one, there is no compelling reason to get this one, is there?
MarioNemec: Hello! Well, basic mechanics is indeed tailored to be similar to Banished, but full game version will have quite a few differences in managing gameplay. Demo was relatively locked and unfinished, so full version won't have the similar gameplay. And as game advances, there are more and more differences to Banished concept. We really hope Patron will seem familiar but also sufficiently different then any similar game. But players will ofcourse have the last say here...
Thank you so much for your feedback. Regardless of what I end up deciding I wish you all the success with this game! :)
MarioNemec: Hello! Well, basic mechanics is indeed tailored to be similar to Banished, but full game version will have quite a few differences in managing gameplay. Demo was relatively locked and unfinished, so full version won't have the similar gameplay. And as game advances, there are more and more differences to Banished concept. We really hope Patron will seem familiar but also sufficiently different then any similar game. But players will ofcourse have the last say here...
jackster79: Thank you so much for your feedback. Regardless of what I end up deciding I wish you all the success with this game! :)
Thank you for good wishes in any case :)
MarioNemec: (...)
FalloutDefault: Thanks for dropping by. The game looks very promising. Just from the demo, it looks like it could have a bit more complexity than Banished after the mid-game.

Also, you might have already read my previous post in this thread, but do you know if there is any issue with Radeon GPUs when running the demo? I was seeing very high wattage and temps no matter the graphic settings.
Actually, we did notice game takes its toll on main CPU and main GPU, but most of our testing video cards are a little bit stronger, not by much, but perhaps that is enough to keep everything "cooler". We will definitely go through another optimization run before full version is closed, but in any case good thing is that even after longer playsessions, we didn't detect anything too dangerous for any hardware component
Post edited July 24, 2021 by MarioNemec
MarioNemec: Actually, we did notice game takes its toll on main CPU and main GPU, but most of our testing video cards are a little bit stronger, not by much, but perhaps that is enough to keep everything "cooler". We will definitely go through another optimization run before full version is closed, but in any case good thing is that even after longer playsessions, we didn't detect anything too dangerous for any hardware component
Thanks for looking into this. The fact that I see similar utilization, FPS and temps at 1080p high settings and 768p low settings tells me there's some underlying issue, but I don't know anything about game development. Good luck with the launch in any case.
This looks like Banished, but with way more content. I hope it turns out to be a good game. If they can make the AI useful, balance the child birth age limits for women, fix the possible bugs with the AI priority of doing and completing the tasks, balance the minutes between seasons' change and movement and working animations and speed of the villagers it could be great.
Out of curiosity, is it ever mentioned in what era and location the game takes place?
Wishmaster777:
I don't know about the rest but this one has months rather than seasons and the building is much less frustrating because all storage areas are connected so the AI doesn't need to do anything complex. In my quick comparison game of Banished to compare with the demo I saw that a builder had done something at a constuction site while carrying a bunch of resources that that site and others nearby all needed, but instead of droping them off went quite a distance away to pick up one wood :(. Hard to tell for sure if there are situations like that without seeing the full game but the simplified logistics should make it much less likely.

Also, for anyone else confused by the title it seems to be based on a historical definiton of Patron meaning property owner.
Wishmaster777: This looks like Banished, but with way more content. I hope it turns out to be a good game. If they can make the AI useful, balance the child birth age limits for women, fix the possible bugs with the AI priority of doing and completing the tasks, balance the minutes between seasons' change and movement and working animations and speed of the villagers it could be great.
This list is rather long :) . But honestly, all of it will be different and a lot better in full version. Some players got some hints on how this will work when they had access to unlocked Playtest version a week ago, but release version takes it all a few more steps ahead. We really hope it will be sufficient for a truly good and engaging gaming experience!
Alexim: Out of curiosity, is it ever mentioned in what era and location the game takes place?
Start of the game is set in the late 16th century, roughly a century after discovery of the New World
Post edited July 26, 2021 by MarioNemec
Wishmaster777: This looks like Banished, but with way more content. I hope it turns out to be a good game. If they can make the AI useful, balance the child birth age limits for women, fix the possible bugs with the AI priority of doing and completing the tasks, balance the minutes between seasons' change and movement and working animations and speed of the villagers it could be great.
MarioNemec: This list is rather long :) . But honestly, all of it will be different and a lot better in full version. Some players got some hints on how this will work when they had access to unlocked Playtest version a week ago, but release version takes it all a few more steps ahead. We really hope it will be sufficient for a truly good and engaging gaming experience!
It is all required in order to have an enjoyable experience, specially if one wants to have a good time playing one savefile in a sandbox mode for tens of hours, watching the village grow from the humble beginnings to the town or a super village. Good AI pathfinding, AI logic, AI task priority, balance between seasons' duration and movements speed of the people, seasons' duration and work animations, seasons' duration and sowing and reaping time of the agricultural products, childbearing span in a lifetime of women, fertility lifetime span of men, construction speed per worker compared to the duration of the season, all of that is very important, and a tiny change in balance and mechanics has a huge and sensitive impact on every playthrough.
Alexim: Out of curiosity, is it ever mentioned in what era and location the game takes place?
MarioNemec: Start of the game is set in the late 16th century, roughly a century after discovery of the New World
Thank you!
high rated
Hello everyone!

After an avalanche of awesome and constructive feedback during Steam Playtest, we've adjusted our plans for the final development steps regarding the full version of Patron. But, at the same time, we've also spent a good portion of last week to introduce many improvements in the public demo version too.

So, without further delay, there are a lot of improvements and tweaks. We can't introduce everything we've been working on since the demo version is limited, but either way, the list is still sizeable:

CHANGES
*Added data tracking for all citizens and social groups per months
*Added population panel with appropriate filters for larger population
*Children now leave with their parents if they are homeless, no more children left behind situations
*Added multiple optimizations to the Nav Mesh
*All workers that gather ore resource will take it to warehouse themselves
*Added an improved Minimap
*Watchtower doesn’t have production anymore
*Added some UI tweaks when looking over social issues
*Social issues stats are now refreshed after every change, not at the end of a day
*When you decrease game speed to zero, update of buildings and sceneries is halted, while speed of weather effects update is significantly reduced
*After building is demolished intentionally, player can receive some resources back (depends on what that difficulty setting is set to at the start of the game)
*Coloring added to warnings if you have too few workers in some profession
*After building is placed, set rotation is saved
*Added Event frequency and Demolish refund options in New game
*Added hint to notify players if they are placing buildings too far from Depot or Warehouse, or if they are selecting gathereable resource too far from the same buildings
*Added improvements for game display on higher resolutions and ultrawide screens
*Added notification if your orchard or ranch don’t have any workers assigned
*Improvements to bridges, their price, needed length and resource cost
*Dock upgrades now work properly
*Added Forester priority: Plant, Cut or Plant & Cut
*If production building has more then 60 units of some product stored, it automatically becomes a priority for transport of these goods to warehouse
*Added Priority building selection and ability to pause building
*Stone road cannot be built anymore if there are no stones in stock
*Building a road over existing stone road is not included in price anymore
*Added marker for building orientation towards main entrance
*Water effects of ponds is reduced
*Fixed map flip when selecting a map
*Added AZERTY keyboards
*Added saving data on riots
*Signpost object now increases villager speed properly
*Roads now increase villager speed properly
*All soundtrack music is now properly used during play
*Family number will now display correct value on hint
*Added option to invert left and right mouse button
*Apply, default in options now have hint confirming changes have been saved
*Default config button now works properly
*Fixed icons on trade panel

You're welcome to give the demo another go, and let us know your opinion. A lot of added details came directly from your feedback, and full release will bring even more!

Enjoy, and don't forget to wishlist and follow the game! We're only 2 weeks from release!

Overseer Games
MarioNemec:
Are there any plans for a Linux version?

PS: If you want you can request developer status from GOG which would make your forum posts more visible (colored in orange).
Post edited July 28, 2021 by eiii
MarioNemec:
eiii: Are there any plans for a Linux version?

PS: If you want you can request developer status from GOG which would make your forum posts more visible (colored in orange).
For now we don't unfortunately have immediate plans for Linux. It is a possibility for later, but can't make any promises.
As for dveloper tag - you're right. I should do that definitely
MarioNemec: For now we don't unfortunately have immediate plans for Linux. It is a possibility for later, but can't make any promises.
Thanks for the answer! I will keep up my hope for a Linux version and put the game on the wishlist for now.