It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom is coming soon DRM-free.

A legendary series returns with a grand new adventure! Enjoy a colorful action-adventure game made alongside Ryuichi Nishizawa, creator of the original Wonder Boy in Monster World series.

Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom borrows the best from the classic series to deliver a fresh, modern adventure with fun gameplay, memorable music and gorgeous hand drawn animations.
i_hope_you_rot: Price : $39.99 ( or 39.99 euro ) ?
DrearierSpider: The developers have said the PC version will be cheaper due to it launching later than console versions.
Bullshit reason: PC games re cheaper because on console there are additional rights to the manufacturer.
Insta-wishlisted!
LittleCritter: I have no clue about the legal details. All I know is that Monsterboy is a tremendous Metroidvania-light. Wonderboy.... less so.
Both are by completely separate developers so I wouldn't expect them to be especially similar. Plus the Dragon's Trap remake is by my understanding a fairly faithful remake so they would to a certain extent be constrained by the original game. This is a completely new game so the game mechanics are going to be much more up to date.

saldite: I originally thought that, as well, but it's now an official Monster World sequel. It has Sega's licensing and even features characters and artwork from the previous MW games. Pepelogoo from MW4 on the Genesis is in it as one of the main side characters. For all intents and purposes, this is Monster World 5.

EDIT: IIRC the big problem was securing the name "Monster World" since the series has had different names, etc, and is basically a legal clusterfuck outside of that. Otherwise it is an official sequel to the older games.
That's interesting, I guess this is one of those copyright/trademark split situations. This game has the copyrights from some of the older games and is a sequel in all but name. The people who released the remake must have had access to the name and the copyright to Dragon's Trap specifically.

Kind of reminds me of the Star Control Origins and Ghosts of the Precursors mess where SCO is Star Control in name only and GotP would be a sequel in everything but name.
Now here's a game I've been waiting for.