It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Bohemian rhapsody.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance is now available for pre-order, DRM-free on GOG.com. Get it now to receive the Treasure Map DLC as a pre-order bonus.
Your sword is vengeance. Your sword is destiny. Your sword is all you have left.
The civil war that ravages medieval Bohemia took everything from you and now a life in the service of a local lord seems the only available path. But only momentarily, because this dynamic open world is packed with role-playing opportunities and challenges, opening up into a gut-wrenching narrative involving historical characters of the era.

NOTE: The DRM-free version of the game will be released on GOG.com on February 27, due to the publisher's decision.
low rated
paladin181: I will say however that men greatly took pleasure in oppressing women. Not sure how you portray that accurately, while also trying to beat you over the head with "this was a very bad thing." It's not like men were crying about how bad they were treating the women, it was a matter of course and a way of life.
Thanks for seeing that, seriously. And to rephrase again to catch me some more of those downvotes, I believe actual historical accuracy would have been enough to make people see the problem with treating women that way.

Whoring around in the middle ages didn't give you health and charisma buffs.

It gave you gonhorrea and syphilis.

But, of course, as we're set in our ways in expecting mistreatment of women to be explicitly rewarded in games, these little realistic quirks would of course be interpreted as being beaten over the head with politics. But the game mechanics already beat you over the head with politics. The achievements already beat you over the head with politics. They're going wink-wink with the MRA memes, for crying out loud. The game's codex communicates the CEO's idea of a woman's ideal looks (which may or may not have been idealized by the richest .01% of the population back in the day) as the ideal woman of the time. The game consistently rewards you for misogyny. Which is, from what I've played of the Witcher 1 and 2, still quite a bit different from CDPR's war horse, because intrinsic rewards loomed large there ("I got a sex scene") while completely unrelated extrinsic rewards seem to be Kingdom Come's hot shit (charisma, health replenishment, achievements).

As things stand right now, Kingdom Come is a game with extreme right politics in it, something it was explicitly promised not to be.
Post edited February 24, 2018 by Vainamoinen
Vainamoinen: Thanks for seeing that, seriously. And to rephrase again to catch me some more of those downvotes, I believe actual historical accuracy would have been enough to make people see the problem with treating women that way.

Whoring around in the middle ages didn't give you health and charisma buffs.

It gave you gonhorrea and syphilis.

But, of course, as we're set in our ways in expecting mistreatment of women to be explicitly rewarded in games, these little realistic quirks would of course be interpreted as being beaten over the head with politics. But the game mechanics already beat you over the head with politics. The achievements already beat you over the head with politics. They're going wink-wink with the MRA memes, for crying out loud. The game's codex communicates the CEO's idea of a woman's ideal looks (which may or may not have been idealized by the richest .01% of the population back in the day) as the ideal woman of the time. The game consistently rewards you for misogyny. Which is, from what I've played of the Witcher 1 and 2, still quite a bit different from CDPR's war horse, because intrinsic rewards loomed large there ("I got a sex scene") while completely unrelated extrinsic rewards seem to be Kingdom Come's hot shit (charisma, health replenishment, achievements).

As things stand right now, Kingdom Come is a game with extreme right politics in it, something it was explicitly promised not to be.
I can respect your point of view, don't get me wrong. And it is probably a bit of the "old boys' club" going on here. Incentivizing bastard behaviors isn't new in games, and has often been done tongue in cheek style. Look at prostitutes in GTA III and beyond. Health replenishment, sex noises in a car, then kill them for your money back. The behavior is incentivized, otherwise many gamers would never do those things. Treating women badly is a bad bad thing. We agree on that. That they did it in the past also is something we agree on. That it has to be portrayed as bad in the game is where I think we disagree, and I'm ok with that.
I still don't understand the pre-order hype . What's so special about this $59 game that start the Pavlov reflex ?
Post edited February 24, 2018 by i_hope_you_rot
i_hope_you_rot: I still don't understand the pre-order hype . What's so special about this $59 game that start the Pavlov reflex ?
Or any game, for that matter.
deleted
Fairfox: o yay a game not aimed at me in any form what-so-evah

meh genre (i kno peeps <3 it sooo totes opinion-fairfox) 'puter-meltin' specs an' awful portrayals (if i want 'accurate' depiction imma read text books. buuut... yahno)

I SAVE MOOLAH I PLAY PEGGLE I KEEP 'PUTER I AVOID TERRI-BAD DEPICTS
...we all win?

i mean abit

(sighz low-rate is in top-right corner, kkz? s'red '-' circle thang )
Are we tipsy again? ;p
deleted
Fairfox: o yay a game not aimed at me in any form what-so-evah

meh genre (i kno peeps <3 it sooo totes opinion-fairfox) 'puter-meltin' specs an' awful portrayals (if i want 'accurate' depiction imma read text books. buuut... yahno)

I SAVE MOOLAH I PLAY PEGGLE I KEEP 'PUTER I AVOID TERRI-BAD DEPICTS
...we all win?

i mean abit

(sighz low-rate is in top-right corner, kkz? s'red '-' circle thang )
richlind33: Are we tipsy again? ;p
This doesn't sound like tipsy fairfox. This soundz liek totes normie fairfox n' stuffages.
Fairfox: (sighz low-rate is in top-right corner, kkz? s'red '-' circle thang )
My god ! I pressed the green button ,I PRESSED THE GREEN BUTTON .

WHAT SHOULD I DOOOOO ??????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8G3HijCZkY0
Anyone has any idea if the updates will be delayed as well?
stemba: Anyone has any idea if the updates will be delayed as well?
I don't think so - I think major bugfixing (and some optimization) updates are already released - and the GoG version will probably release as the most current update - (if I remember correctly that's 1.3?).

I know the devs had a thread somewhere - either on Steam or their homepage stating they were working on a decent sized patch that MAY include Save on Exit - which would be pretty sweet! I can't see it taking that much longer to get to GoG - maybe slightly longer than Steam where the devs can just "push" an update, but certainly not longer than Console where patches have to go through Certification.

On a related note - I got called into work Wednesday! Bummer - there goes the long night of playing :( I even had a beer picked out and ready to accompany me. Don't get me wrong, I'll still fire it up - but I was looking forward to a late night :(
i_hope_you_rot: I still don't understand the pre-order hype . What's so special about this $59 game that start the Pavlov reflex ?
Many GOG users are excited because this is a rare case where they get an AAA DRM-free game on GOG while it is new. 99% of the time, that never happens. Instead, GOG usually only gets AAA games after they are several years old and no one is buying them any more (when they'd be in the bargain bins of Walmart if physical games were still a thing).
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Many GOG users are excited because this is a rare case where they get an AAA DRM-free game on GOG while it is new.
Yup absolutely this. Just take a look around at what's going on in our little hobby - heck there's a thread right now about a publisher that's selling save slots.

When a developer is willing to go out on a limb and release a game I was terribly interested in near Day One, I like to support that. I want to continue playing games and I think some of the shady practices going on in the industry remind us day in and day out why supporting DRM free (GoG and developers) is important.

Someone put a lot of time and effort into this game and showed a lot of respect for my concerns as a consumer by releasing it here. The least I can do is toss them $60 instead of $6.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a soapbox to step off of ;)
Vainamoinen: snip
Do we really need this shit in this thread? If you don't like how the game is presented then don't play it or buy it. Simple.

Alt-right, alt-left, etc. All fucking buzzwords used by idiots that are beyond stupid. People have different opinions & beliefs than you, welcome to the real world. But please lets accuse the CEO's beliefs of being the main contributing factor on a game from a company made up over 80 employees who all had a hand it's creation because it's convenient to blame him for the game not fitting into your little box about how the game should be.. who by your past post here you didn't like anyway so that makes it even easier.

If you let politics stand in the way of enjoying a game that is your issue. If the CEO wants to make a game that is "far right" in his or her views then more power to them, doesn't mean you have to agree with those views. Same can be said about any CEO that wants to make a "far left" game, to which we can probably find lots of examples.

You shouldn't live in damn bubble anyway... experience all kinds of different views and then form your own. Sadly it seems like many of the left have an issue with this.

Bedding every woman in KCD for thrills doesn't mean I think women should be mistreated in real life no more than killing everyone in GTA means I want to mass murder people. It's ... a ... game.

Games like KCD leave it up to YOU to make good or bad choices. Don't make a choice like bedding a butch of women in the game then complain to the game designer about misogyny because you chose to do so.
Post edited February 27, 2018 by BKGaming
When gog version will be unlocked?