It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Bohemian rhapsody.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance is now available for pre-order, DRM-free on GOG.com. Get it now to receive the Treasure Map DLC as a pre-order bonus.
Your sword is vengeance. Your sword is destiny. Your sword is all you have left.
The civil war that ravages medieval Bohemia took everything from you and now a life in the service of a local lord seems the only available path. But only momentarily, because this dynamic open world is packed with role-playing opportunities and challenges, opening up into a gut-wrenching narrative involving historical characters of the era.

NOTE: The DRM-free version of the game will be released on GOG.com on February 27, due to the publisher's decision.
The reviews I've read love the game, when they can play uninterrupted without bugs. PC Gamer gets it.
I'm gonna probably wait a while to get this. With GoG's typical practice of redownloading the whole game with each patch - I'm not sure I'd be willing to download 40 gigs every few days. I'll wait till most of the bugs are ironed out. I really am interested otherwise.
The consensus on this game seems quite divided: good vs bad.

I'm still trying to understand the combat mechanics, but is things are a lot confused, as lots of people have performance/bugs issues.

From a quite a bit of videos I've seen, the combat looks a bit clunky: you can see the adversary change stance, more or less historically accurate, but the overall dynamic seems "hit point based": bash him until he collapse.
Also, it seems the reposte seems confusing on how/when they hit you.

All the previews about accurate damage on location and armour protections, seems lost in codification.

Obviously I'll not give any money to the Devs for now, as it seems way to rough and unpolished. I don't have a physical need to play this game, even if I'm absolutely keen to an historical RPG (I play historical even on paper RPGs).
Dunno to redeem my backer copy as a steam copy or wait for GOG copy. It's frustrating that there are no official statements around the GOG copy backer threads in their official forums at all.
low rated
OldOldGamer: (I play historical even on paper RPGs).
Not to destroy the mesmerizing display of scattering dreams in this thread, but I'd love to know – what P&Ps lend themselves to "historical" play, what are the checkboxes for you, and at what level of crunch are we looking at here?
OldOldGamer: (I play historical even on paper RPGs).
Vainamoinen: Not to destroy the mesmerizing display of scattering dreams in this thread, but I'd love to know – what P&Ps lend themselves to "historical" play, what are the checkboxes for you, and at what level of crunch are we looking at here?
HarnMaster or Ars Magica, if you keep the fantasy elements to the right level, for example.
Crunch is not related to an historical setting or accuracy, BTW.
I play is various flavours of medieval Europe, with stories that go from political intrigue, witch investigations, murders, heretical eradication, crusades, superstitions, forgery, king's justice, "dead Pope speaking" (Papa Formoso), robbering, charlatan, village plundering, siegies, celtic lore, miracle investigations, infiltration and robbery, alchemy and so on.

With a bit of digging, you'll find true stories about the medieval times that will beat 1 to 100 fantasy books or settings.

But I agree, is not for communals.
Post edited February 16, 2018 by OldOldGamer
low rated
OldOldGamer: HarnMaster or Ars Magica, if you keep the fantasy elements out, for example. [...]

With a bit of digging, you'll find true stories about the medieval times that will beat 1 to 100 fantasy books or settings.
Damn, I think I even still have a HârnMaster character from the early 90s somewhere around here. And the GM back then kept it... well, raw. Simple and visceral. Which absolutely had its charm. Then again, I was playing a mage of some kind and that killed the 'historic' charm quite a bit. :)

I do love medieval stories, though not necessarily the 'true' ones. I've been an absolute Chaucer nut during my studies (and even though it's been a heck of a long time, I can still recite the CBT prologue until I get stuck somewhere around the Squire section). The 'true' stories, they're mostly about some nobleman or other, because the stories of the common folk had the tendency to end rather suddenly and senselessly. :|
OldOldGamer: HarnMaster or Ars Magica, if you keep the fantasy elements out, for example. [...]

Vainamoinen: Damn, I think I even still have a HârnMaster character from the early 90s somewhere around here. And the GM back then kept it... well, raw. Simple and visceral. Which absolutely had its charm. Then again, I was playing a mage of some kind and that killed the 'historic' charm quite a bit. :)

I do love medieval stories, though not necessarily the 'true' ones. I've been an absolute Chaucer nut during my studies (and even though it's been a heck of a long time, I can still recite the CBT prologue until I get stuck somewhere around the Squire section). The 'true' stories, they're mostly about some nobleman or other, because the stories of the common folk had the tendency to end rather suddenly and senselessly. :|
With "true stories" I mean recorded account of day-to-day fact, involving commoners and nobles alike.
There are entire books that translate medieval proceedings, that are an immense plot providers, so much better than "kill the goblin, slay the dragon".

A lot of this descend in the absurd (for our modern mind), but where absolute reality (real magic, real witchery, real miracles) to medieval people.

LIke "the girl that wandered Europe to show her demonic possession for money, at nobles courts, each time exorcised". After YEARS got spoiled by some monks, that declared "this girl can't be possessed so many times".
Ended burned.

Just read the Malleus Maleficarum: they believed in those things, like we believe in gravity.
My libary say:
You can download the game in:
11 days 10 hours and 54 minutes

That make no sense, because that is February the 28th and not the 27th. Is it a mistake?

Edit:
Oh wait....that is wrong. Than they publish the game on February 27th at 11 o'clock pm?
Post edited February 16, 2018 by Patsche85
They told the game would be released on that day.
Not that you would play it, that day.
'Kingdom Come Deliverance Review - Is it Worthabuy? "A groundbreaking RPG that is not for everyone."'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UGK6gkyZhA
https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/7xyf8x/kingdom_come_deliverance_review_is_it_worthabuy_a/

(I haven't watched the review but I thought I'd shared.)
tfishell: 'Kingdom Come Deliverance Review - Is it Worthabuy? "A groundbreaking RPG that is not for everyone."'
https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/7xyf8x/kingdom_come_deliverance_review_is_it_worthabuy_a/

I really like what I'm reading about the game on that reddit thread. If there's ever a mod for third person, or if the devs ever patch it in, I'd be all over this one.
tfishell: ...
GR00T: I really like what I'm reading about the game on that reddit thread. If there's ever a mod for third person, or if the devs ever patch it in, I'd be all over this one.
*thumbs-up*
tfishell: 'Kingdom Come Deliverance Review - Is it Worthabuy? "A groundbreaking RPG that is not for everyone."'

Mack is the best, so watch it already! ;p

richlind33: Mack is the best, so watch it already! ;p
Naw I'm not really interested. ;)