It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Bohemian rhapsody.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance is now available for pre-order, DRM-free on GOG.com. Get it now to receive the Treasure Map DLC as a pre-order bonus.
Your sword is vengeance. Your sword is destiny. Your sword is all you have left.
The civil war that ravages medieval Bohemia took everything from you and now a life in the service of a local lord seems the only available path. But only momentarily, because this dynamic open world is packed with role-playing opportunities and challenges, opening up into a gut-wrenching narrative involving historical characters of the era.

NOTE: The DRM-free version of the game will be released on GOG.com on February 27, due to the publisher's decision.
amurgaming: Although I'm a little bit pissed to not receive a non-Steam key as a Kickstarter supporter, I'm pretty happy to see the game released on GOG within a reasonable timeframe. This is huge for Warhorse and even bigger for GOG. The game looked super promising all along and I could very well imagine for KC:D to be a serious "RPG of the year" candidate. Really looking forward to the first reviews by the end of the week!
RoseLegion: Just out of curiosity do you know the final budget?
The Kickstarted clocks in at £1,106,371 pledged, how small a fraction of their budget was that?
amurgaming: These figures aren't public. But Warhorse once mentioned that their initial tech-demo cost almost a million to make. And that was 4 years ago, with a minimal amount of systems in place.

The game is absolutely worth the full retail price, from what I've seen.
Thanks for indulging my curiosity :)
amurgaming: Although I'm a little bit pissed to not receive a non-Steam key as a Kickstarter supporter, I'm pretty happy to see the game released on GOG within a reasonable timeframe. This is huge for Warhorse and even bigger for GOG. The game looked super promising all along and I could very well imagine for KC:D to be a serious "RPG of the year" candidate. Really looking forward to the first reviews by the end of the week!

These figures aren't public. But Warhorse once mentioned that their initial tech-demo cost almost a million to make. And that was 4 years ago, with a minimal amount of systems in place.

The game is absolutely worth the full retail price, from what I've seen.
RoseLegion: Thanks for indulging my curiosity :)
You're welcome. These guys really walked the extra mile in order to deliver both a fun and a realistic experience. And I would be shocked if the reviews wouldn't reflect that. The fighting simulation and the way armors behave is supposedly the most sophisticated ever created in a video game. The same can be said about the ingame forests and so many other aspects of the game. It's very hard for me to describe a monumental game like this in just a few sentences.

If you feel like it, go to Kickstarter and browse through the 60+ updates released over the last 4 years: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1294225970/kingdom-come-deliverance/updates

Also this is just the first installment of a three-part (?) trilogy that's planned. I can't recommend this enough if you're interested in demanding, hardcore RPGs (although I haven't played it yet, even though I've had the opportunity to check out the alpha and subsequent versions).

This release of KC:D on GOG will hopefully turn a few heads in the industry.
RoseLegion: Thanks for indulging my curiosity :)
amurgaming: You're welcome. These guys really walked the extra mile in order to deliver both a fun and a realistic experience. And I would be shocked if the reviews wouldn't reflect that. The fighting simulation and the way armors behave is supposedly the most sophisticated ever created in a video game. The same can be said about the ingame forests and so many other aspects of the game. It's very hard for me to describe a monumental game like this in just a few sentences.

If you feel like it, go to Kickstarter and browse through the 60+ updates released over the last 4 years: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1294225970/kingdom-come-deliverance/updates

Also this is just the first installment of a three-part (?) trilogy that's planned. I can't recommend this enough if you're interested in demanding, hardcore RPGs (although I haven't played it yet, even though I've had the opportunity to check out the alpha and subsequent versions).

This release of KC:D on GOG will hopefully turn a few heads in the industry.
I actually planned to back the game when it was on Kickstarter but since there was no confirmed DRM free release for backers I didn't end up doing so (personal policy, I don't buy or back games with DRM).

However I like a challenge in my games (often enjoy "Iron man" modes, had fun with ELEX despite the rough edges, etc) and grew up sword fighting in my spare time (not with live steel, I still have all my fingers lol) so their dedication to create accurate combat while still including RPG elements is appealing as well (I'm hoping it'll be a nice way to sratch a bit of that sword swinging itch without racking up so many bruises).

Usually I don't pre-order games, and since my GOG collection alone is well over a thousand at this point it's infrequent that I buy them near release at all (things like Fig, Kickstarter, and Indiagogo aside).
However considering the size, scope, and type of game this is I made an exception when the GOG release was confirmed (after watching a stack of videos about it just to be sure).

I didn't realize this was the first of three however, that's welcome news, I'll keep an eye out for the other installments, thanks for the heads up :)
Just a stupid question: In this game, can you see your own feet when you look down?
That's a minor detail but, for me, makes the first person perspective much more inmersive.
high rated
Lone_Scout: Just a stupid question: In this game, can you see your own feet when you look down?
That's a minor detail but, for me, makes the first person perspective much more inmersive.
That depends on how much of a nobleman you are. ;)
Post edited February 05, 2018 by Klumpen0815
althrian: Are there any reviews worth noting up yet?
Reviews from Kotaku, Polygon, RPS, etc are likely to be biased - Warhorse Studios has clashed with their SJW agenda.

Watch for detailed player reviews instead. Or try TotalBiscuit, ACG, and other YouTubers - actual gamers likely to give a fair evaluation.
Post edited February 06, 2018 by SeduceMePlz
can someone tell me if the title to this game is either

Kingdom Come: Deliverance

or

Kingdom Come Deliverance

??? the inconsitency has gotten to me

$60 for a game but they can't handle title consistency? is it like this other places or is it just GOG incompetence?
Post edited February 06, 2018 by drealmer7
drealmer7: can someone tell me if the title to this game is either

or

Kingdom Come Deliverance

$60 for a game but they can't handle title consistency? is it like this other places or is it just GOG incompetence?
OR is it called "Kingdom Come_ Deliverance" as it appears in one of the game trailers ;-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svCP6vRaPmg

The official title is "Kingdom Come: Deliverance" for sure.
Post edited February 06, 2018 by veikkohy
drealmer7: can someone tell me if the title to this game is either

or

Kingdom Come Deliverance

I noticed that as well. I'm wondering who you're supposed to contact to alert them of that error. GOG support?
Heh heh. Come Deliverance.
Lone_Scout: Just a stupid question: In this game, can you see your own feet when you look down?
Judging by this game footage, it would seem so.
Don't pre-order this game! Wait for the reviews.
I tested their latest build and it's poorly optimized.
Not to mention it runs on the dreaded Cryengine (very hard to optimize and code if you don't know the engine in and out)
Plus the combat is clunky as hell. I mean just blocking and hitting where you want to hit is a chore and feels like just luck.
They should have sticked to more like how the sword play works in Warband.
Oh wow! Can't believe it's here on GOG.
Paul_cz: This game is an open world RPG developed by team of over 100 people for 6 years, offering over 100 hours of playtime, with full voice acting and orchestral soundtrack, and you are surprised it costs normal price of new game?

The kickstarter money was just a fraction of overall budget.
RoseLegion: Just out of curiosity do you know the final budget?
The Kickstarted clocks in at £1,106,371 pledged, how small a fraction of their budget was that?
The final budget is estimated at around 15 million USD. And that is just for development, without the marketing costs.
Note that it is an estimate. No factual numbers were confirmed by Warhorse.
This is one of the very few games that fully simulates your body and is consistent between perspectives. You can see your legs, when picking up objects your hands will pick them up, when opening doors your hands touch the handles etc.
Post edited February 06, 2018 by Paul_cz
I'm really interested in this game, but I'll be sitting on my hands for a while until a native Linux version materializes. That is, if one materializes. One reason I swore off Kickstarter and early access games a few years back.