It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Bohemian rhapsody.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance is now available for pre-order, DRM-free on GOG.com. Get it now to receive the Treasure Map DLC as a pre-order bonus.
Your sword is vengeance. Your sword is destiny. Your sword is all you have left.
The civil war that ravages medieval Bohemia took everything from you and now a life in the service of a local lord seems the only available path. But only momentarily, because this dynamic open world is packed with role-playing opportunities and challenges, opening up into a gut-wrenching narrative involving historical characters of the era.

NOTE: The DRM-free version of the game will be released on GOG.com on February 27, due to the publisher's decision.
I did something today that I haven't done in a long time... Pre-ordered a game!

This is one I've kept an eye on for a while, so to see it available on GoG made it an instant purchase for me, which will hopefully be worth the money.
Oh, very good news that this will be released on GOG as well.
I have high hope for it.
I think is superb news this game is released here, BUT the preorder DLC policy is a BIG NO-NO for my, sorry, won't purchase just because of this.
Lemon_Curry: This looks really cool and atmospheric, but I do wonder how much fun it is to play.
:D .... I heard the life in mediaeval times was not that much fun, and as they are aiming for realism, I would be quite afraid in your place, if it's fun you expect out of game.

I mean, come on, you don't play games for fun, are you? /sarcasm

seriously: I believe this game is not really for broad public, so some people will probably find it lacking in "fun" factor, but if you are willing accept the game's rules, I think it may quite interessting for a change to be somewhat limited wizard... like after lobotomy... :) (oh, wait, I can't stay serious for three whole sentences, dang)
Zoidberg: Very "mature" of you to call my reaction childish without even countering the point in it.
I might counter your point if I thought you actually had one. But all I read was you overreacting to a small delay in the game being released.

There are devs who treat GOG users as second-class customers, most notably the ones who don't provide updates to the GOG version of their game, but it's far too early to say whether this game's dev will do that.
Looks great, and I'm glad to see it released DRM-free -- BUT, for me personally it falls into the same trap as ELEX, by only offering you a rather generic, pre-designed player character. The setting seems like a great opportunity to provide players with a realistic medieval open-world sandbox, without the Fantasy elements you encounter in games such as the Elder Scrolls series, Dragon's Dogma or Dark Souls. Maybe they're going for a story-heavy experience, in the style of Witcher 3, but the Witcher series has Geralt of Rivia, a memorable character with a complex story. This game has "Henry, the son of a blacksmith"... Sorry, not enough to capture my interest. Either give me a truly interesting, well designed character, or let me create my own, otherwise I'll stick to the games which provide those things.
Lemon_Curry: This looks really cool and atmospheric, but I do wonder how much fun it is to play.
ped7g: :D .... I heard the life in mediaeval times was not that much fun, and as they are aiming for realism, I would be quite afraid in your place, if it's fun you expect out of game.
So are you saying that (approximated) realism can't pave the way for an enjoyable gaming experience?

I'm glad you're having fun though. :)
Zoidberg: Very "mature" of you to call my reaction childish without even countering the point in it.
mystral: I might counter your point if I thought you actually had one. But all I read was you overreacting to a small delay in the game being released.
This is just NOT true and you know it. This delay is specifically for the drm free version, AS WRITTEN in the news!

And it's a publisher decision, not the devs. Again, AS WRITTEN!
Post edited February 03, 2018 by Zoidberg
mystral: I might counter your point if I thought you actually had one. But all I read was you overreacting to a small delay in the game being released.
Zoidberg: This is just NOT true and you know it. This delay is specifically for the drm free version, AS WRITTEN in the news!

And it's a publisher decision, not the devs. Again, AS WRITTEN!
Yes, I know, thank you. I can read, you know. Sorry if I was unclear before.

But so what? How is that cause to pitch a fit exactly? You still haven't explained why the GOG version being delayed by 2 weeks is such a horrible thing, considering almost everyone who posted here have explicitly said they were fine with it.
CharlesGrey: This game has "Henry, the son of a blacksmith"... Sorry, not enough to capture my interest.
Thanks for making me chuckle at your comment :)

I suppose it takes some level of imagination as to the character, depending on how the story and narrative of the game eventually pans out. I hear what you're saying regarding character creation or one with a strong background to begin with, but for me, the lead character could be "Percy the Pig Farmer" as far as I'm concerned; so long as the story and narrative surrounding that character is immersive enough.
HeathGCF: [...] but for me, the lead character could be "Percy the Pig Farmer" as far as I'm concerned [...]
That would certainly go a long way towards explaining the subtitle of the game. ;)

HeathGCF: [...] so long as the story and narrative surrounding that character is immersive enough.
Oh, it would be immersive all right...
For me, the pure historical setting is really a plus. I love fantasy, but there are already so many RPGs set in a fantasy medievalesque world that I welcome this change of scenery. I don't think every game needs monsters, demons and spirits to be engaging.

The 2 week delay is fine, considering that only a couple of days ago we didn't even expect the game to be sold here.
Like the medieval setting(reminds me of witcher), but historical accuracy is a deal breaker.
Much prefer fantasy settings with magic, dragons and playable lizards.
This game looks very interesting. Glad to see it here on GOG!
HeathGCF: Thanks for making me chuckle at your comment :)

I suppose it takes some level of imagination as to the character, depending on how the story and narrative of the game eventually pans out. I hear what you're saying regarding character creation or one with a strong background to begin with, but for me, the lead character could be "Percy the Pig Farmer" as far as I'm concerned; so long as the story and narrative surrounding that character is immersive enough.
I agree the story and world-building is more important than anything else but I think The Witcher 3 proved that a well-written, interesting main character can make the story itself more interesting, notably with NPCs he has a pre-existing relationship with.

But even if you're set on having a generic, bland PC to let the player approach the setting as a blank slate, why wouldn't you let said PC be customized? At least it would let players be more invested in their character.

It seems to me the non-customizable, generic PC like in the Gothic games or, apparently, this game is the worst of both worlds.