It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Encased: A Sci-Fi Post-Apocalyptic RPG is coming soon to GOG.COM.

Inspired by genre classics, Encased is an isometric RPG set in a sci-fi post-apocalyptic setting. Explore its open world, create weapons and armors, search for mysterious artifacts, recruit followers, join different factions and help them achieve their goals. You're calling the shots here and the game will change and react based on your actions.
*edit* Nevermind. I don't even want to know.
Post edited September 16, 2019 by TerriblePurpose
low rated
HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE
hype!

hype.
This does look pretty cool. Aesthetically, I'm totally into it.
low rated
Chacranajxy: This does look pretty cool. Aesthetically, I'm totally into it.
To me, the game seems like a graphically improved version of UnderRail almost. Obviously it's very different, but it just makes me feel like I'm finally getting an UnderRail that's easier to see without getting a head ache, and with much better customization and in some ways a better story among other things. I'm so hype! :)

I do really like UnderRail. It drives me crazy sometimes, and it can be extremely unfair... But it's a cool game. It would've been perfect if the graphics were better among many other fixes and improvements. I'm not ashamed to say that the graphics are head ache inducing. I will eventually give that game a very interesting and in depth review. In the mean time, I'm hype for encased. :)
Post edited September 16, 2019 by fridgeband
From the Kickstarter project:

The game is set in an alternate 1970's and revolves around the exploration of the Dome, a mysterious structure discovered in a remote desert. No one knows the exact nature of those who built the Dome, but the founders of this advanced civilization have come to be called the Forefathers.

You will discover miraculous technologies and weird artifacts in the labyrinths of the Dome, but that is not all the Forefathers left behind. Watch out for automated security systems, traps, and inexplicable anomalies.

In addition, the Dome itself is showing signs of consciousness. It has been reacting to the human presence since the first explorers entered its domain. Once inside, no one is able to leave. Uncovering the wonders and dangers of the Dome is a one-way road.

Exploration and exploitation of the Dome is carried out by the CRONUS Foundation, a massive organization founded by the world’s most powerful governments.
Doesn't sound "Post-Apocalyptic" from that description. I suppose you could stretch the usual meaning a bit and say it refers to whatever (ancient?) apocalypse befell the Dome.

Still could be good of course. Just saying.

Explains "Encased" at least... The setting is encased in a dome. Not really a catchy title but whatever.
Okay, I was about to balk about YAPA, but after reading #35, it's made it much more clear that GOG's title/headline is full of bunk.
low rated
Looks nice but its not a 100% classic isometric game, it adds zooming options , rotating opties and has 3d rendered models... the first "isometric games" in the old days of gaming had none of that many were static and the screens were static only the characters would move .

Anyway if it had been a normal 2d.5 without all the turning zooming and other things i would habve been very interested

given the fact the game only needs a very average GPU: GTX 760 ( i have a GTX 750)
so the CPU ( as usuall) gets the heavy load again.

recommended

Intel Core i7 or equivalent

8 GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 equivalent

Anyway i hope that someday developers develop a real good game ( seems they lost the way to create really good games like classic ja2 and fallout and similar) those games were realy good and still are compared to many mediocre games being developed today ( minus the casual games: you cannot compare casual games with AAA games , casualgames are a nice way to play not to demanding games and they dont cosume that much time)
and they all take the bad and sad 3d engine route.

low rated
gamesfreak64: Looks nice but its not a 100% classic isometric game, it adds zooming options , rotating opties and has 3d rendered models... the first "isometric games" in the old days of gaming had none of that many were static and the screens were static only the characters would move .

Anyway if it had been a normal 2d.5 without all the turning zooming and other things i would habve been very interested

given the fact the game only needs a very average GPU: GTX 760 ( i have a GTX 750)

recommended

Intel Core i7 or equivalent

8 GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 equivalent

Anyway i hope that someday developers develop a real good game ( seems they lost the way to create really good games like classic ja2 and fallout and similar) those games were realy good and still are compared to many mediocre games being developed today ( minus the casual games: you cannot compare casual games with AAA games , casualgames are a nice way to play not to demanding games and they dont cosume that much time)
and they all take the bad and sad 3d engine route.
gamesfreak64:
I don't understand... You're upset Because good features that make the game easier to use and play Were added ??
Not being able to zoom in and out, Low graphics quality, and not being able to rotate the view are some of my main issues with UnderRail among other things.

I'm actually extremely happy that for once we have an amazing game like encased that isn't afraid to add known and proven good features that improve gameplay that have absolutely zero drawbacks in any way shape or form.

Thank you encased devs for not being afraid to break the "classic" mold and not intentionally hold your game back with unnecessary and intentionally built in limitations!

I love what has been shown so far! I love it a lot!
Post edited September 18, 2019 by fridgeband
Dagnabbit another must-buy.
Not even half way Pillars 2 yet. I need to sulk in the corner about this unnecessary happiness.
The game mechanics remind me of Wasteland 2, which after the Director's Cut update also became quite fancy and one of my all-time favs.
gamesfreak64: Looks nice but its not a 100% classic isometric game, it adds zooming options , rotating opties and has 3d rendered models... the first "isometric games" in the old days of gaming had none of that many were static and the screens were static only the characters would move .

fridgeband: I don't understand... You're upset Because good features that make the game easier to use and play Were added ??
Not being able to zoom in and out, Low graphics quality, and not being able to rotate the view are some of my main issues with UnderRail among other things.

I'm actually extremely happy that for once we have an amazing game like encased that isn't afraid to add known and proven good features that improve gameplay that have absolutely zero drawbacks in any way shape or form.

Thank you encased devs for not being afraid to break the "classic" mold and not intentionally hold your game back with unnecessary and intentionally built in limitations!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------
First, i am never upset regarding games or non physical things
, only if something happens to people , relatives or other lving beings, then i am upset if things happen to them, games are not real and should not try to br real buy rotating a wood :D

okay. now back to the game:
thats correct :D the first games i played as soon as i was able to read were old, flat games no fancy engines or 3d, mostly in Dutch language, later i started to play games that had English text.

The majority of gamers switched to fancy games and even wanted fancy games with high tech graphics and lots of zooming in and out, many even ask for it , if it is not build in they won't buy the game.

Games like this are hardly realistic cause you can't zoom in and out in reallife ( you can use binoculars use satelites to spy on things, but you can never ever turn a building or surrounding 360 degrees :D.

Walking in games: you have to walk and while walking buildings never move along ( scroll) with you when navigating through the woods you cannot turn the woods 180 degrees or a full 360 degrees around its axis, thats impossible, people move and buildings are static the don't move .

i am looking for games that are simple, not games that allow you to make buildings scroll along :D
if monsters are near, you cant rotate a wood or a desert to see if enemies , animals are near,, it's not realistic, and looks silly, and yes i am aware games are not reality but rotating a block of hosues, a landscape, to see if enemies are incoming is ridiculous.

Thats why so many new games have similar rotating stuff every remake or followup of a good classic game has it,
thats why i still like, prefer and admire the old 2.5 d games, take JA2 as an example i cant find a game similar to this one, with the same 'engine' 90% ( or more) have the same rotating stuff , dozens and dozens, it seems they are simply no able to develop games like that, Gorky has 3d characters but they move like 2d thats why i like the game.

Anyway i never sad i dont like the game, it looks good but the way it was build is something i do not prefer, if i really don't like a game or think a game looks bad i will mention that, in this case i did not mention i dont like the game..
Post edited September 18, 2019 by gamesfreak64
low rated
fridgeband: I don't understand... You're upset Because good features that make the game easier to use and play Were added ??

gamesfreak64: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------- -----------------------------------
First, i am never upset regarding games or non physical things
, only if something happens to people , relatives or other lving beings, then i am upset if things happen to them, games are not real and should not try to br real buy rotating a wood :D

okay. now back to the game:
thats correct :D the first games i played as soon as i was able to read were old, flat games no fancy engines or 3d, mostly in Dutch language, later i started to play games that had English text.

The majority of gamers switched to fancy games and even wanted fancy games with high tech graphics and lots of zooming in and out, many even ask for it , if it is not build in they won't buy the game.

Games like this are hardly realistic cause you can't zoom in and out in reallife ( you can use binoculars use satelites to spy on things, but you can never ever turn a building or surrounding 360 degrees :D.

Walking in games: you have to walk and while walking buildings never move along ( scroll) with you when navigating through the woods you cannot turn the woods 180 degrees or a full 360 degrees around its axis, thats impossible, people move and buildings are static the don't move .

i am looking for games that are simple, not games that allow you to make buildings scroll along :D
if monsters are near, you cant rotate a wood or a desert to see if enemies , animals are near,, it's not realistic, and looks silly, and yes i am aware games are not reality but rotating a block of hosues, a landscape, to see if enemies are incoming is ridiculous.

Thats why so many new games have similar rotating stuff every remake or followup of a good classic game has it,
thats why i still like, prefer and admire the old 2.5 d games, take JA2 as an example i cant find a game similar to this one, with the same 'engine' 90% ( or more) have the same rotating stuff , dozens and dozens, it seems they are simply no able to develop games like that, Gorky has 3d characters but they move like 2d thats why i like the game.

Anyway i never sad i dont like the game, it looks good but the way it was build is something i do not prefer, if i really don't like a game or think a game looks bad i will mention that, in this case i did not mention i dont like the game..
Well, you can't rotate buildings or forests around you, but you can change your perspective of those environments or objects in real life by rotating your own body. I can't lift a building, but I can turn myself around by looking right or left until I turned an entire 360 degrees around. Then comes the moonwalking. :D