It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Defend your castle against the siege in a fantasy world! The Becastled game is coming soon to GOG.COM! Build your indomitable castle, manage resources, and train an army to defeat all opponents. Do you think you’re up to the challenge? Test your skills with Becastled Demo available now!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
That looks pretty nice, great aesthetic, and thanks for the demo.
Looks like a nice Stronghold-ish indie take. Nice to also see it has a demo. :) That said, what's up with the people's weird glowy faces?
Mr.Mumbles: Looks like a nice Stronghold-ish indie take. Nice to also see it has a demo. :) That said, what's up with the people's weird glowy faces?
They're Sun people and they fight with Moon people.

After trying out the demo for 20 mins I can say that it plays very much like Northgard, devs borrowed many ideas from it. Not that anything is wrong with that, Northgard is a superb game and here we have more focus on sieges and buliding castles, nice twist to the gameplay idea. I will be definitely interested in Becastled when it comes here in 6 weeks.
And here I thought this was a Besieged sequel. :)
Mr.Mumbles: Looks like a nice Stronghold-ish indie take. Nice to also see it has a demo. :) That said, what's up with the people's weird glowy faces?
Yeah, it looks weird.

They forgot to make proper faces or these are some type of robots/bots/drones/whatever. However, the developer could just use the same skin color as on the hands, so it wouldn't be like it is now.
zeffyr: They're Sun people and they fight with Moon people.
Sun and Moon? Ah, ok. Now I understand.
Post edited December 30, 2020 by op-si
Love the art style, and gameplay looks pleasantly similar to Stronghold.
Looks like Warcraft 3. This should be fun.
Reminds me of Kingdoms and Castles .
Yes Warcraft for me too.

Let's hope he succeeds in his project to do it for Linux.
I put the links here for those who are interested:
https://www.gog.com/forum/becastled/becastled_soon_on_linux_also_on_gog
zeffyr: They're Sun people and they fight with Moon people.

After trying out the demo for 20 mins I can say that it plays very much like Northgard, devs borrowed many ideas from it. Not that anything is wrong with that, Northgard is a superb game and here we have more focus on sieges and buliding castles, nice twist to the gameplay idea. I will be definitely interested in Becastled when it comes here in 6 weeks.
So what you are saying is that they are the day men.... fighters of the night men, Champions of the sun. Masters of Karate and friendship for everyone ?
The graphics has a bit too much of a LEGO touch for me, but I do not care a lot about graphics in a strategy game. I'm much more interested in the Linux version. Hopefully it's successful and will be added here.
Post edited January 06, 2021 by eiii
viranimus: So what you are saying is that they are the day men.... fighters of the night men, Champions of the sun. Masters of Karate and friendship for everyone ?
I don't even know how to respond to that, sorry...
ShadowWulfe: Looks like Warcraft 3. This should be fun.
You know, not every RTS = Warcraft-like.
Post edited January 06, 2021 by zeffyr
zeffyr:
I know.

*the art style
eiii: The graphics has a bit too much of a LEGO touch for me, but I do not care a lot about graphics in a strategy game. I'm much more interested in the Linux version. Hopefully it's successful and will be added here.
The graphics are a turn off for me as well, though I didn't get the LEGO impression.
One of the reasons why I don't care for many independently developed games is because they opt for these colorful and cartoony styles.
What I love about Stronghold and other strategy games like it is that it really feels like you are part of the dirty medieval world. Here, it feels more like I am part of one of those toothpaste commercials where one cartoon character is fighting cartoon dirt bacteria blobs or whatever.
Not trying to insult the developers and artists, it's absolutely fine, it just doesn't appeal to me personally.