It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

An adventure game for all the fans of mystery and drama is set to be released 1 May 2020. Close to the Sun from Wired Productions takes place on the colossal vessel called Helios, deep on the international waters in the year 1897.

The ship has been built to host the greatest scientific minds of the era, yet our main heroine, a journalist Rose Archer, has another reason for being there. She searches for her missing sister, Ada. Will she succeed? Archer will surely need the gamer’s help in solving puzzles and uncovering the mystery behind Helios’ creation or her sister’s whereabouts…
GOG.com: It’s 1897. Deep in international waters, the Helios stands still. Dark clouds loom overhead as unforgiving waves crash against the hull. Colossal effigies of gold, decorated with magnificent finery, stretch as far as the eye can see.

Born of Nikola Tesla’s vision, the Helios serves as a haven for the greatest scientific minds. An unbound utopia for research, independent from state and isolated from the gaze of society. Free to push the boundaries of matter and time.
Somehow reminds me of the plot of Bioshock.
Great to see it will arrive here on GOG at the same time as Steam once it Epic Game Store exclusive runs out. But unless their exclusivity deal was only for 9 months. We will not be seeing this game here until May 2020.
GOG.com: It’s 1897. Deep in international waters, the Helios stands still. Dark clouds loom overhead as unforgiving waves crash against the hull. Colossal effigies of gold, decorated with magnificent finery, stretch as far as the eye can see.

Born of Nikola Tesla’s vision, the Helios serves as a haven for the greatest scientific minds. An unbound utopia for research, independent from state and isolated from the gaze of society. Free to push the boundaries of matter and time.
BreOl72: Somehow reminds me of the plot of Bioshock.
It is totally Bioshock inspired.
Post edited November 25, 2019 by AvatarX001
So many good looking games for year 2020. And I'm not getting any younger... :( ;O
Thanks GoG for bringing this over here; I've had my eye on this ever since they announced it on steam!
Really excited to see this here.
AvatarX001: Great to see it will arrive here on GOG at the same time as Steam once it Epic Game Store exclusive runs out. But unless their exclusivity deal was only for 9 months. We will not be seeing this game here until May 2020.
AvatarX001: It is totally Bioshock inspired.
May 1, 2020
Great news to see this advertised so far in advance. I hope to see more Epic-exclusives going the same path, such as Metro Exodus.
But without combat... as I understand.
The plot interests me, but is "adventure" the right classification for this game? It seems that it would be better described as a "thriller" or some such. I don't know
AvatarX001: Great to see it will arrive here on GOG at the same time as Steam once it Epic Game Store exclusive runs out. But unless their exclusivity deal was only for 9 months. We will not be seeing this game here until May 2020.
"Inspired", but not really inspired, it would seem. :P
"Close to the Sun" rings Sunshine (2007) movie bell.
Post edited November 25, 2019 by i_ni
joppo: The plot interests me, but is "adventure" the right classification for this game? It seems that it would be better described as a "thriller" or some such. I don't know
adventure is a kind of videogame. thriller is a kind of plot/literary genre. It's like saying that a game can't be an adventure game because it's fantasy or sci-fi.
A game can be an RPG, a puzzle, a RTS, a FPS...adventure is of one these videogame genres.
Horror, thriller, sci-fi, fantasy are words describing settings and plots.
Post edited November 26, 2019 by Dogmaus
Mafwek: But without combat... as I understand.
This is what killed it for me. I watched a review that says there are two types of games like this. Ones that wear their inspiration on their sleeve and ones that blatantly rip something off. And that this is one of the latter. I wouldn't mind if it was rip off if there was combat but there isn't.
joppo: The plot interests me, but is "adventure" the right classification for this game? It seems that it would be better described as a "thriller" or some such. I don't know
You're right, it is a thriller, but it is also a 1st person adventure game. No combat....you have to stay hidden or outright escape. There are however, enough puzzles to classify it Adventure, at least for me.

I played it on Epic and enjoyed it enough to play twice. Somewhat Bioshock inspired, yet it is also beyond that. In any case, it is pretty well done./