It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

An ancient evil has returned to Baldur's Gate, intent on devouring it from the inside out. The fate of Faerun lies in your hands. Alone, you may resist. But together, you can overcome.

Larian Studios have just announced that they are developing and publishing Baldur’s Gate III. Created in close collaboration with the Dungeons & Dragons team at Wizards of the Coast, Baldur’s Gate III is based off current D&D mechanics and spells and is the official new chapter in the legendary series.

Baldur’s Gate III will push the boundaries of the RPG genre and offer a rich narrative with unparalleled player freedom, high-stakes decisions, unique companion characters and memorable combat. It is Larian Studios’ biggest production ever and will be playable together with friends or as a single-player adventure.

Prepare for the return of a malevolent presence to Baldur's Gate, intent on devouring it from the inside out, corrupting everything that remains in the Forgotten Realms.

Alone you may resist, but together you can overcome. Gather your party.

Baldur’s Gate III Early Access coming to GOG.COM on October 6th!
darthspudius: Shall I edit it to dirty dish water? haha. I like how I was down voted for the post (despite being positive), some things never change haha.
likewise, I find you dull as dish water

but, hey, that's just me being positive
low rated
darthspudius: Shall I edit it to dirty dish water? haha. I like how I was down voted for the post (despite being positive), some things never change haha.
amok: likewise, I find you dull as dish water

but, hey, that's just me being positive
Want to fill my basin... or just going to be an ass?
Mindflayer apocalypse...wut? Larian devs have watched too many zombie apocalypse movies it seems. :-p I'll reserve judgement until release as Larian does have good track record in making cRPG's.
Petrell: Mindflayer apocalypse...wut?
I think Underdark invasion of the surface is more probable.
Petrell: Mindflayer apocalypse...wut?
Crosmando: I think Underdark invasion of the surface is more probable.
They always plotted something like this, Mindflayers don´t do anything else, just dream about world domination :D
Enemy created specifically so you wouldn´t feel remorse when killing them.
Plus, they´re dangerous, so they are foes worthy of your attention.
Crosmando: I think Underdark invasion of the surface is more probable.
Tarhiel: They always plotted something like this, Mindflayers don´t do anything else, just dream about world domination :D
Enemy created specifically so you wouldn´t feel remorse when killing them.
Plus, they´re dangerous, so they are foes worthy of your attention.
sometimes they go crazy tho and you get edge cases like Lawful Good Mindflayers or Alhoons or Neothelids or that whole sect of Mindflayers that became Lawful Neutral merchants.

in the Gamespot interview, Swen mentioned Nautiloids and glossed over Phlogiston, so it might actually be an invasion from outer space. maybe. idk. guess we'll see?
gamesfreak64: yes i have seen the incubation game, manytime i have seen it on sale, always wondered if it would be a game i can play....

Sprite based ?
well in my case it is unfortunetaly a confirmation: yup in my case same effect seems its the moving and wobbling and turning and maybe the suggestion of a 3d view that isnt really there cause you cant touch it, then again, a merry go round / carrousel ..... brrrr also made me almost threw up, so i fear its the 'motions', samething in a bus and on a boat, some wildpark back in the 80s had a boat you could 'ride' and then a tour would start through one of our wildlife parks, well i was always glad it was over( glad all over ? thats a song) cause .... wow a nausiating feeling came over me.
[...]
From what you mentioned, Incubation might be borderline for you. On the other hand, it comes dirty cheap, especially on sale, and it might be worth trying.

It is a solid turn-based game, if you can bear the aged 3D graphics.

There are two main viewing options:

1. Birds eye. Serviceable.
2. Slanted view, similar to Gorky 17. With the cursor arrows you can turn it 90º each time. No wobbling nor turning, it changes fast and directly and there are only 4 fixed positions.

Caveats:

1. Cutscenes are in 3D, but it is like a movie. So...
2. Whenever there is an attack, the viewpoint changes for about 2-3 seconds to show the attack up and close, yours or from the enemy.
3. You move the viewpoint grabbing with the left mouse button (maybe you can do it with keys as well. I really do not remember that now.

Still have the original disk. The version in GOG works fine. A point of advice: you do need to check the manual, especially for the weapons and their skill requirements. The player needs to think carefully about what weapons wants to be handled by the end of the game, and then think about developing each squad member accordingly. That while thinking about what weapons might be used in the meanwhile.

The player starts with just 3 squaddies. More join, eventually.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maijYOOO-pE

new gameplay announcement video.
Post edited February 18, 2020 by BeatriceElysia
Confirmed to be released as an InDev title on 30.09.:
https://twitter.com/GOGcom/status/1304426739414765569
Post edited September 11, 2020 by Swedrami
Swedrami: Confirmed to be released as an InDev title on 30.09.:
https://twitter.com/GOGcom/status/1304426739414765569
Thank you for sharing! That's fantastic news! :) I'll consider buying the Early Access then.
gamesfreak64: Yes this is what i meant :D , its not bad to use characters that look 3d, its the fact 3d comes also with zooming in and out, turn the 'world' around 360 degrees, thats the problem, Gorky 17 used some 3d like graphics, but you cannot freely turn around your own axis, cant zoomin and out and you dont have to scroll the map, thats my issue with 3d all those added perspectives and turning 360 degrees of the screen is what makes me wobble on my feet like a drunk man does when he drank too many :D

Anywaything with motions is, there can be too many, just think of the common 'carsickness' or people at a boat throwing up, its the motions that cause that, some people are sensitive to that.
I have no problem playing Gorky 17.
Usually you can play these 3D games from a fixed perspective. It's not because you can zoom and rotate that you HAVE to do that all the time.

I am relatively sensitive to motion sickness and it's never bothered me. I've actually never heard of motion sickness + third person perspective. The only thing that makes me queasy is some FPP games with a low FOV.

I don't think it's related to my motion sickness, but I easily lose my sense of direction if there's no decent map and/or minimap. It's especially bad in FPP games! Sure, no map is more immersive - but in a bad way! (for me, immersion is about content, not interface or perspective)

OT: I'm looking forward to playing this game - but I'll probably just wait until the game (&DLC) is completely finished.
Post edited September 11, 2020 by teceem
tburger: Great news indeed. But I really should finish addons for BG1 and BG2 first
Luckily, I managed to finish BG1: SoD last month (BG2 many years agi), so I am ready :)
Post edited September 11, 2020 by Tarhiel
September 30th can't come soon enough!!!
"...Baldur’s Gate III is based off current D&D mechanics..."

That's too bad. Oh, well.
GOG.com: Baldur’s Gate III Early Access coming to GOG.COM on September 30th!
Pls add "UPDATE" to the title if you update a news article.
e.g. UPDATE - GOG.COM 10th Anniversary celebrations are underway
<3

Also: F yeah.