It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Battlestar Galactica Deadlock: Resurrection is coming soon, DRM-free.

Battlestar Galactica Deadlock: Resurrection marks the beginning of Season Two, and introduces a plethora of new features and content: two new ships (including the much awaited Jupiter MK II Battlestar), two new squadrons, and a new story campaign told from the CIC deck of the Galactica itself.
Sweet.

I would love to see them add the 2004 remake timeline through a DLC. Even if its just a short campaign from the perspective of one of the battlestars you didnt see in the series. Im guessing they have the rights to it, so it would be great to see them use it.
fantastic series, hope the game captures that feeling of it
I love Battlestar Galactica so I am at least intrigued. I was waiting for a complete edition, and now there's a whole new season starting. Which is great for some, but I prefer to get the whole package whenever possible. Time to practise patience.
Best TV show ever! But I´ll wait for the complete edition of the game.
Oddeus: Best TV show ever! But I´ll wait for the complete edition of the game.
Im usually the same, but this is actually a good BSG game and there are sobfew of them. I wanted to support the dev for bringing it here anf I couldnt wait to play it.

I would love to see a game of the same quality in the same time as the series. It could be a completely different story and scenario, just with that timeline ships and all. The dev could always release a mod kit and Im sure it wouldnt take long before someone converted the current game to the series timeline.

For as good and popular as the series was, Im surprised there arent more games. A lot of good mods are out there, and a lot of good ones got killed by the IP when they were shutting them all down. The few licensed games out there are ok at best and this is definitely the best of them.
Post edited August 17, 2019 by Gylfe
Gylfe: I would love to see a game of the same quality in the same time as the series. It could be a completely different story and scenario, just with that timeline ships and all. The dev could always release a mod kit and Im sure it wouldnt take long before someone converted the current game to the series timeline.
I'm sure they could fit some events in the gaps of the Galactica's journey. It would have to be them or Pegasus, as no other battlestars survived the first atack (finding the Pegasus was already shocking enough). And if they could bring back the original cast for voice acting, I know I couldn't resist to buy. ;)

I would also love to expand the BSG universe with another prequel, even before Caprica, back when the Colonies were independent countries and had not yet decided to unify. A game could very well be a medium to explore this setting. My headcanon is that, not too long ago, there was a great war between most of the planets, which ended in a peace treaty that eventually lead to the Articles of Colonization. This would explain the animosity between certain Colonies, the hegemony of Caprica, the discrimination of Sagittarians, or why people on Gemenon are so protective of religion (even for minorities). Think World War II in a planetary scale.

Of course, there would be no Cylons or advanced battlestars, but you could have completely different spaceship styles for each faction, and more room for diplomacy. Maybe Caprica's flagship could be the first Galactica.
Post edited August 17, 2019 by ConsulCaesar
This looks like it's based on the awful 2004 remake series, no thanks. I'll probably wait till I can get it for a very cheap price.
Still unclear as to how 'season 2' fits in with Deadlock. From what I can tell, unlike all the previous expansions so far which supplement the main campaign, Resurrection is its own seperate campaign? Or is it still connected directly to the main campaign and continues on from the same playthrough?
markrichardb: Still unclear as to how 'season 2' fits in with Deadlock. From what I can tell, unlike all the previous expansions so far which supplement the main campaign, Resurrection is its own seperate campaign? Or is it still connected directly to the main campaign and continues on from the same playthrough?
Its a continuation to the story. Im pretty sure each DLC continues the main story as well as adds content such as ships and all. I still need two of them, but I think they all continue it if you play them in order.

Deadlock is based on the first Cylon war that Bill Adama fought in.

They could always just make a DLC or full game in the series timeline, but just have an original story that doesnt fit in to the official story. The Galactica and Pegasus were the only two to survive in the show, but you dont know how many survived for how long, just that most were destroyed in the initial attack. There couldve been a couple that lasted for a bit before being destroyed. They could always just have it follow the Pegasus or Galactica and make it more fighter based. The mod Diaspora has an original story that kind of does that with a Battlestar that survived for a bit and its probably the best BSG game out there. Its based on Freespace 2 open and I highly recommend any fan of the series play it.
pferreira1983: This looks like it's based on the awful 2004 remake series, no thanks. I'll probably wait till I can get it for a very cheap price.
Wait, you liked the corny original *better*?

With luck you were just trying to say you didn't like either the original *or* the remake; that would make it merely a matter of taste, which is fine, of course.
Post edited August 17, 2019 by faroot
Much as I like BSG, I can't help but feel that the Deadlock engine would make for an absolutely amazing Star Trek game.

I mean, it makes for a damn good Galactica game, but I wish I could order the Starfleet... er, fleet, around in the same way.
Post edited August 17, 2019 by BlackMageJ
nice game - definitely wishlisted
faroot: Wait, you liked the corny original *better*?

With luck you were just trying to say you didn't like either the original *or* the remake; that would make it merely a matter of taste, which is fine, of course.
This seems to be based on the remake which I really dislike. I did indeed like the 'corny' original better (wink).
faroot: Wait, you liked the corny original *better*?

pferreira1983: This seems to be based on the remake which I really dislike. I did indeed like the 'corny' original better (wink).
Your icon shows you're an Amiga fan, so of course I forgive all. ;)