It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Meet the GOG.com community-inspired NPC for the upcoming RPG epic

UPDATE: A slender column of white smoke rises gently towards the sky: <span class="bold">The community hath spoken</span>! Dominating the competition with a whopping 59% of all votes, Eithne has been chosen as the GOG Hero to join the cast of Divinity: Original Sin 2 – heading to GOG.com day one.

Back in October, we asked you guys to devise a GOG.com character with a unique quest in Divinity: Original Sin 2. We collected tons of incredible ideas, while the talented team at Larian Studios designed three characters to embody the most awesome of those traits and concepts:

- Doryld "The Doryld" Surpass: On a soapbox in the town square, the madman messiah proclaims his divinity. He is the new Divine! His audience of three, two of whom are drunk (the other may be you), ask for proof of his powers. He resists. They insist.

- Fadeland Johns: The veteran masked adventurer drones on about her exploits in the old world. How the young people of today don't know nothin'. She's going out into the world to show 'em how adventure is done proper. Just as soon as she finishes this drink.

- Eithne: You encounter Eithne - masked and cloaked - weighed down with a massive rucksack of knowledge. She has books to trade and books to sell - mostly rare and arcane knowledge better left unlearnt...

Turns out the allure of the wandering librarian was <span class="bold">irresistible</span>. Ancient scrolls? Forbidden knowledge? Enigmatic mask? Yes, please!
Thanks to everyone who helped choose the GOG Hero for Divinity: Original Sin 2 and for making the anticipation for this epic RPG even more unbearable. At least we have <span class="bold">Divinity: Original Sin</span> to keep us busy, right?
*sigh* All right, looks like you win, ashen one. So now it falls to you to bring us knowledge. In the form of scrolls detailing the secrets of sorcery.
I was really hoping for Fadeland Johns. I wonder if they'll do anything with the losers.
Glad to see Eithne won! Can't wait to meet her and see what (forbidden) knowledge she's willing to share... ;)
skeletonbow: I saw the voting promo on the front page and went there immediately in order to nominate and vote for "Goggy McGogface", however sadly that is not an option so I'm afraid that I'm going to have to respectfully decline.

:oP
Goggy McGogface would have totally won.
farewell Fadeland Johns, its sad that we won't see you sitting in the tavern in Driftwood yapping about the good old days. :(
Eithne
Fighting for us ;)
CharlesGrey: Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know Greece isn't exactly known as a rich country, especially in recent years... ?
Vythonaut: Well, if we're talking about real money, yeah, we're not a rich country but for counterbalance, we have beautiful forests, crystal clear beaches, lots of islands, graphical villages, nice weather and so on. If only the gasoline wasn't too damn expensive so as to visit those great beaches, islands, forres..oh, wait! Damn! :P Just joking, yeah, not exactly rich - in fact, many Greek people can't make a living and especially younger people with kids and old people...

As for the regional pricing, to be honest i think we have the same prices as the majority of GOGers in EU & USA. For example, Divinity: Original Sin it is sold for 39.99 euros (without discounts applied).
The regional pricing idea, rich country,s vs poor contry,s is kinda silly annyways.
There is no such thing as all having the same income even in a rich contry.
Some people do have low pay even if they live in a weathy state.
Do we know if Eithne will be available for every release or she is only just limited for a gog?
Elisebathe: Do we know if Eithne will be available for every release or she is only just limited for a gog?
Every version of the game will include her. Check out this thread with Larian's tweet on the matter:
https://www.gog.com/news/design_the_goghero_in_divinity_original_sin_2

From the game's Kickstarter page:
Pledge $10,000

2 backers Limited (3 left of 5)

Divine Noble

Get your name on our title screen (subject to developer approval, of course!), where thousands of players will see it when they boot up the game.

+

Become a high-ranking Divine Magister, Black Ring Sorcerer or Ancient Empire Officer. We will work with you to develop a memorable character whose decisions, backstory, and private motivations will intertwine with-- or confound-- the players'.

+

A signed Kickstarter Collector's Edition, Divine Order Hoodie, hand-written postcard from Bellegar, Portrait of a Fan, Larian Patron, Patron of the Arts, Office Date, Care Package, and One of Us (see tiers for descriptions)

+

You'll be listed in the credits as an Ancient One-tier backer.
Source: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin-2/description
Poor Doryld. Hopefully Eithne has some sort of quest to gather some rare book from a cave of all kinds of perils.
Listen. Do you hear it? It's the sound of Konrad imploding with rage...
Hopefully the others are liked enough to sneak into the game anyway, they both sound like pretty fun encounters.
Lodium: The regional pricing idea, rich country,s vs poor contry,s is kinda silly annyways.
Yep, the whole regional pricing thing SUCKS big time, no matter the income of the customers around the world.

theslitherydeee: Hopefully the others are liked enough to sneak into the game anyway, they both sound like pretty fun encounters.
*drum roll* ...and the GOG Hero contest proved useless! :P :D
Sanjuro: *sigh* All right, looks like you win, ashen one. So now it falls to you to bring us knowledge. In the form of scrolls detailing the secrets of sorcery.
Heh heh, I see what you did there. :D
theslitherydeee: Hopefully the others are liked enough to sneak into the game anyway, they both sound like pretty fun encounters.
Vythonaut: *drum roll* ...and the GOG Hero contest proved useless! :P :D
Hardly so -- It was good advertisement for GOG and the developer, and fun for everyone who participated, no? And I doubt anyone would complain if the lesser popular heroes also find their way into the final game.
Post edited April 27, 2016 by CharlesGrey
Sanjuro: *sigh* All right, looks like you win, ashen one. So now it falls to you to bring us knowledge. In the form of scrolls detailing the secrets of sorcery.
CharlesGrey: Heh heh, I see what you did there. :D
Vythonaut: *drum roll* ...and the GOG Hero contest proved useless! :P :D
CharlesGrey: Hardly so -- It was good advertisement for GOG and the developer, and fun for everyone who participated, no? And I doubt anyone would complain if the lesser popular heroes also find their way into the final game.
I wouldn't be the one to complain about this for sure! ;)