It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Meet the GOG.com community-inspired NPC for the upcoming RPG epic

UPDATE: A slender column of white smoke rises gently towards the sky: <span class="bold">The community hath spoken</span>! Dominating the competition with a whopping 59% of all votes, Eithne has been chosen as the GOG Hero to join the cast of Divinity: Original Sin 2 – heading to GOG.com day one.

Back in October, we asked you guys to devise a GOG.com character with a unique quest in Divinity: Original Sin 2. We collected tons of incredible ideas, while the talented team at Larian Studios designed three characters to embody the most awesome of those traits and concepts:

- Doryld "The Doryld" Surpass: On a soapbox in the town square, the madman messiah proclaims his divinity. He is the new Divine! His audience of three, two of whom are drunk (the other may be you), ask for proof of his powers. He resists. They insist.

- Fadeland Johns: The veteran masked adventurer drones on about her exploits in the old world. How the young people of today don't know nothin'. She's going out into the world to show 'em how adventure is done proper. Just as soon as she finishes this drink.

- Eithne: You encounter Eithne - masked and cloaked - weighed down with a massive rucksack of knowledge. She has books to trade and books to sell - mostly rare and arcane knowledge better left unlearnt...

Turns out the allure of the wandering librarian was <span class="bold">irresistible</span>. Ancient scrolls? Forbidden knowledge? Enigmatic mask? Yes, please!
Thanks to everyone who helped choose the GOG Hero for Divinity: Original Sin 2 and for making the anticipation for this epic RPG even more unbearable. At least we have <span class="bold">Divinity: Original Sin</span> to keep us busy, right?
high rated
I read all the comments and noticed some people vote without reading the background. So many people calling Eithne and Fadeland "he" is my proof. :)
Where is the "neither nor" button? ^^

Well, with some tweaks Eithne could be interesting.
This is a bit early to ask, but I thought I would anyway. When is the release date? Or has it yet to be announced?

Edit: Found it! The article I just read said December 2016.
Post edited April 25, 2016 by Stryder2931
So, it shows that on my page that only 6 people have voted...

7 pages of comments and only 6 votes? Is that right?
Can't... decide... argh...

I picked Eithne, but I would also love to meet the mad prophet. He would fit perfectly with the larian style of humour. All three are actually pretty neat.

And yes, I have read the background and I know that Eithne and Fadeland Johns are females. :)
Post edited April 25, 2016 by Utuzuu
justicepie: So, it shows that on my page that only 6 people have voted...

7 pages of comments and only 6 votes? Is that right?
1 and 2 and 3 are the relative place of each (1st, 2nd, 3rd), not the number of votes. The number of votes is unknown.
At the moment, Eithne has 60% of the votes, Fadeland 26%, Doryld 14%.
Eithne has never fallen below 50%. She is pretty sure to win.
Post edited April 25, 2016 by mrkgnao
eltonbm: Vote? Damn, all f them looks really good in their own way. Jesus Sparrow, Hollow Drunk and Cursed Librarian. I want all of them in the game, but I know it's not the case. Oh well...
paladin181: Yeah... love the Dark Souls theme of Fadeland. And Doryld does have a Jack Sparrow meets Jesus Christ vibe to him, huh?
I do think both Fadeland and Doryld could be used to give us some funny quests. But people voices want something else. I hope all of them could be in the game in some form, even if not into fully developed NPCs.
TodaysLoneWolf: I had to choose Eithne because she closely fits my personality. I'm sitting in front of a $2500 computer and other electronics surrounding me, but I'm more addicted to books (I have bookcases surrounding the electronics!). Plus I like characters who are more serious and share knowledge, but I have to wonder about the forbidden knowledge that Eithne has...

In any case, voted.
deonast: Ah if only I had room for more book cases. I have piles of books and Blu-rays on the floor as I've consumed too much space. I also dread the Black Ring showing up. Insurance companies just don't cover against them.
I have this same problem and now I need to move. D: Ebooks and digital downloads have been a lifesaver, but I still have no idea how I'm going to pack all my stuff up.
deonast: Ah if only I had room for more book cases. I have piles of books and Blu-rays on the floor as I've consumed too much space. I also dread the Black Ring showing up. Insurance companies just don't cover against them.
Gilozard: I have this same problem and now I need to move. D: Ebooks and digital downloads have been a lifesaver, but I still have no idea how I'm going to pack all my stuff up.
I want to move to ebooks and an ebook reader (e-ink) to replace my paperbacks (still want to keep the hardcover books). Except that I want DRM free ebooks as I don't want to be tied to a particular platform or risk them going out of business and then I find I get a new reader and can't access my content. Need GOG for ebooks I think. I do have the odd ebook that has no DRM that I've picked up through humble bundles but doesn't really replace all the paperbacks I have.
Gilozard: I have this same problem and now I need to move. D: Ebooks and digital downloads have been a lifesaver, but I still have no idea how I'm going to pack all my stuff up.
deonast: I want to move to ebooks and an ebook reader (e-ink) to replace my paperbacks (still want to keep the hardcover books). Except that I want DRM free ebooks as I don't want to be tied to a particular platform or risk them going out of business and then I find I get a new reader and can't access my content. Need GOG for ebooks I think. I do have the odd ebook that has no DRM that I've picked up through humble bundles but doesn't really replace all the paperbacks I have.
I couldnt get into E-books. It doesnt give the paper feel. Although i cant deny that i sometimes feel the need of CTRL+F while reading real books :) .
deonast: I want to move to ebooks and an ebook reader (e-ink) to replace my paperbacks (still want to keep the hardcover books). Except that I want DRM free ebooks as I don't want to be tied to a particular platform or risk them going out of business and then I find I get a new reader and can't access my content. Need GOG for ebooks I think. I do have the odd ebook that has no DRM that I've picked up through humble bundles but doesn't really replace all the paperbacks I have.
Engerek01: I couldnt get into E-books. It doesnt give the paper feel. Although i cant deny that i sometimes feel the need of CTRL+F while reading real books :) .
E-Books are evil!
Engerek01: I couldnt get into E-books. It doesnt give the paper feel. Although i cant deny that i sometimes feel the need of CTRL+F while reading real books :) .
Maybe they should create a paperback feeling reader that has pages like a paperback and updates as you pick each ebook. Best of both worlds.
I saw the voting promo on the front page and went there immediately in order to nominate and vote for "Goggy McGogface", however sadly that is not an option so I'm afraid that I'm going to have to respectfully decline.

:oP
Great! Still a hour for sale, but prices already at usual 100%! WTF?
deonast: Maybe they should create a paperback feeling reader that has pages like a paperback and updates as you pick each ebook. Best of both worlds.
No way, man - for books I HAVE to stick with physical. Yes, physical books aren't as convenient as books tied to a e-account or iDevice but they're MINE and can stay with me until I pass them along to the poor or have a reading room established in my name.

When I finish college and put a down payment on a small house, one of the bedrooms will be a private library with the only electronic devices allowed being a radio and a clock. Sitting by a window or laying on a carpet or bed reading a good John Grisham, Michael Connolly or P. T. Deuterman novel physically beats holding an iDevice any day.

Back on topic: glad to see that Eithne is maintaining the lead. Cheers to all bookworms and to those who continue to expand their knowledge.