It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Meet the GOG.com community-inspired NPC for the upcoming RPG epic

UPDATE: A slender column of white smoke rises gently towards the sky: <span class="bold">The community hath spoken</span>! Dominating the competition with a whopping 59% of all votes, Eithne has been chosen as the GOG Hero to join the cast of Divinity: Original Sin 2 – heading to GOG.com day one.

Back in October, we asked you guys to devise a GOG.com character with a unique quest in Divinity: Original Sin 2. We collected tons of incredible ideas, while the talented team at Larian Studios designed three characters to embody the most awesome of those traits and concepts:

- Doryld "The Doryld" Surpass: On a soapbox in the town square, the madman messiah proclaims his divinity. He is the new Divine! His audience of three, two of whom are drunk (the other may be you), ask for proof of his powers. He resists. They insist.

- Fadeland Johns: The veteran masked adventurer drones on about her exploits in the old world. How the young people of today don't know nothin'. She's going out into the world to show 'em how adventure is done proper. Just as soon as she finishes this drink.

- Eithne: You encounter Eithne - masked and cloaked - weighed down with a massive rucksack of knowledge. She has books to trade and books to sell - mostly rare and arcane knowledge better left unlearnt...

Turns out the allure of the wandering librarian was <span class="bold">irresistible</span>. Ancient scrolls? Forbidden knowledge? Enigmatic mask? Yes, please!
Thanks to everyone who helped choose the GOG Hero for Divinity: Original Sin 2 and for making the anticipation for this epic RPG even more unbearable. At least we have <span class="bold">Divinity: Original Sin</span> to keep us busy, right?
I chose Eithne for her interesting back story. Also I wouldn't mind some forbidden knowledge.
mrkgnao: Question about the game:
Is Divinity: Original Sin pretty much standalone or should one play Divine Divinity or other games in the series first?
Supposedly, Divinity: Original Sin is a prequel to the Divinity series. If you are concerned about world continuity and all that. :)
GOG and IE are just not too friendly lately? ((:
Off-topic: Who else besides me would want that character voting page as a GOG Galaxy skin or desktop wallpaper? The darkness of the background and the character designs for some reason are screaming at me to Command+Shift+4 on the page and make one, but it would be great if we could receive an official one.
Post edited April 23, 2016 by TodaysLoneWolf
schwartzag: How do I vote? When I click on one of the characters it lights up but nothing happens.
Try another browser. Same thing was happening to me with my archaic Opera 12 browser, switched to Vivaldi browser and the voting button on the pictures were show right.

No point asking GOG to fix it if it is just old Opera 12 problem, doubt there are many of us still using it.
gamesfreak64: He looks like nutcase/underdog or so, thats alway nice.
ZaineH: Exactly why I found him the most interesting character. He looks eccentric and seems crazy enough to be very interesting. :)
Exactly my thought when i saw this 'nutter' like i said the knight type and that ninja type are pretty common, unfortunately they got more votes and the face covered female ninja type seems to win.
But thats the way it goes most votes will always be done and or arrive, same thing with games, 75% of most voted games are 3d/fpp, and there are so many good old games left that probably will never be released again, at least not in this life time i guess.on other sites.
Voted for Eithne, despite unconsciously associating The Doryld with tinyE, gotta blame the crab I guess :D
Voted .
Even though I was this close to voting for Fadeland Johns I chose Eithne.

Really digging the characters design.
So two corpses and a nutcase walks into a bar...
Sure didn't make it easy to vote for this one but went for the adventurer in the end.
I have never killed anyone and then had a beer with them before and I think this one would let me scratch that off the list!
CharlesGrey: Still don't see it as a huge deal -- I mean, they'll still finish the game, and you'll still get to play it, right?
Yes, although i'm not sure if i'll be able to afford it on day one since i guess it will cost 40€+ which is way over what i can pay for a game, not matter how much i would like to play or support it.

HypersomniacLive: Look at the bright side - you've got the rest of your life to dwell on it.
Rest of my life? Nah, i'll stop dwelling the day i'll buy it. :P
theslitherydeee: I chose Eithne for her interesting back story. Also I wouldn't mind some forbidden knowledge.
Forbidden Knowledge, Forbidden Pictures, Forbidden experiences, I'm up for it all ;P
high rated
WBGhiro: Eithne is winning, and not Fadeland Johns.

Guys, we need to talk about your horrbile taste in things.
Are you serious? Eithne basically EMBODIES GOG.
She is a "keeper of forgotten knowledge" (old games) with her "scrolls" (DRM-Free games) and a passionate hatred for the horrific "Black Ring" (Steam). It just doesn't get more GOG than that.
Just give her some lines of dialogue about her "insomniac nights" to acquire more knowledge and the horrific Black Ring cult "tempting innocents by selling corrupted scrolls on cheap prices" and you are good to go.
Post edited April 23, 2016 by Shendue
CharlesGrey: Still don't see it as a huge deal -- I mean, they'll still finish the game, and you'll still get to play it, right?
Vythonaut: Yes, although i'm not sure if i'll be able to afford it on day one since i guess it will cost 40€+ which is way over what i can pay for a game, not matter how much i would like to play or support it.
Don't you get some kind of discount in Greece? Anyhow, worst case you'll have to wait for a promo, but at least it should be fully patched up by then. :P
deonast: Forbidden Knowledge, Forbidden Pictures, Forbidden experiences, I'm up for it all ;P
... forbidden substances?
Shendue: ... that oppose to the horrific cult of the "Black Ring" (Steam).
And here I thought "Cult of the Black Ring" was some sort of adult movie.
Post edited April 23, 2016 by CharlesGrey
CharlesGrey: Don't you get some kind of discount in Greece? Anyhow, worst case you'll have to wait for a promo, but at least it should be fully patched up by then. :P
Why should we, the Greek people, get any sort of discount? Are we "special" customers or something? :P :D