It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
hi,
since i have no hope that gog brings chessmaster 9000 back, i would like to buy it from anyone who owns that.
if the game is part of your collection and you have never downloaded it and are never about to do in future, please let it change into code by gog support.
i will pay $10 for first offer of the redeemable code.

edit: in discussion below apeared an opinion that paying is illegal here. i dont know, so altrenatively i offer buying game for exchange.

folks, thanks a lot for reading

have a nice day!
Post edited September 27, 2016 by flanner
low rated
ping
low rated
pong
illegal

ping
flanner: if the game is part of your collection and you have never downloaded it and are never about to do in future, please let it change into code by gog support.
...you do realize support won't do that for you, right?
flanner: i will pay $10 for first offer of the redeemable code.
That's illegal here, too.
You could offer to trade a game of equal value, but direct money paying is a no-no.
Post edited September 27, 2016 by zeogold
flanner: if the game is part of your collection and you have never downloaded it and are never about to do in future, please let it change into code by gog support.
zeogold: ...you do realize support won't do that for you, right?
flanner: i will pay $10 for first offer of the redeemable code.
zeogold: That's illegal here, too.
You could offer to trade a game of equal value, but direct money paying is a no-no.
Are my post invisible? :P

Yes I know you all want them to be, but are they? XD
Not illegal but just as unsopported as code trading, as in if someone scams you that's your problem.

Still doesn't matter as converting an years old unused game into a code is... probably not gonna happen.
zeogold: ...you do realize support won't do that for you, right?

That's illegal here, too.
tinyE: Are my post invisible? :P

Yes I know you all want them to be, but are they? XD
I saw what you said, but you weren't specific. I'm assuming he doesn't actually know what's going on, and I'm not particularly a fan of somebody getting booed in silence without someone stepping up and explaining it properly.
tinyE: Are my post invisible? :P
Not to me. :P

Although the last one was a bit on the short side. I don't blame zeo for ellaborating a bit.
WBGhiro: Not illegal but just as unsopported as code trading, as in if someone scams you that's your problem.

Still doesn't matter as converting an years old unused game into a code is... probably not gonna happen.
why not?

if gog doesnt offer the game any more so why gog shouldnt meet me halfway to satisfy customer? i suppose gog can make code from every undownloaded game sold here not depending on time..
flanner: why not?

if gog doesnt offer the game any more so why gog shouldnt meet me halfway to satisfy customer? i suppose gog can make code from every undownloaded game sold here not depending on time..
Because it would be illegal for them?

And in most cases where they pulled games was because the publisher told them to do so.

Nothing to do with customer satisfaction, but rather legal stuff. They can not pull the games off customers, so if you bought the game, they still make it available for download for those customers owning it, even as it is not being sold anymore.

2 different stories.
GOG has a 30 day money back policy, I don't know when they stopped selling chessmaster anymore but it was probably years back. So even if someone never downloaded the game tey're a bit too late to claim a return. Then there's the thing that returns are in money and not giftable game codes. And on top of that comes the ethics of making game codes of discontinued games and possible contract breaches with the publisher.
Post edited September 27, 2016 by WBGhiro
tinyE:
Eh? Did someone say something?
WBGhiro: GOG has a 30 day money back policy, I don't know when they stopped selling chessmaster anymore but it was probably years back. So even if someone never downloaded the game tey're a bit too late to claim a return. Then there's the thing that returns are in money and not giftable game codes. And on top of that comes the ethics of making game codes of discontunued games and possible contract breaches with the publisher.
but i dont talk about money back policy. making giftcodes is something far different cause game stays legally sold. so there is no reason why once sold game cant be changed into giftcode.

its all only about willingness, helpulness and kindliness of gog.. nothing else.
Post edited September 27, 2016 by flanner
flanner: its all only about willingness, helpulness and kindliness of gog.. nothing else.
no no no far from it, you can't just turn any not downloaded game into a giftcode whenever you feel like it. There is no policy that allows you to do that.

It probably wouldn't even be legal or possible for gog to create new codes for a game they're nto allowed to sell anymore.