It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ceville? Ceville?!? CEEEVIIILLEEEEE!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ***SPLAT***

I have it already, I just must remember to play it at some point, like the rest of my 1300 GOG games. I think I must take some long (like VERY long) weekend at some point and play all my GOG games at once, just to be done with it.
Post edited September 18, 2016 by timppu
Konrad: Hey gogrammers!

Whenever possible, we want to give you an early heads up on any games being removed from our catalog:

We just received a request to remove Ceville from the store on September 22. This time around we can't go into the details — we don't know when, and if, it will come back.

There won't be any goodbye discounts on the game in the meantime, so now's the time to grab it if you were on the fence. :)

Of course, if you own the game before that date – it'll still remain on your account.
Thanks for the warning. Might consider buy it at 85% off. You know, game backlog and all that. Cheerio! :^)
timppu: Ceville? Ceville?!? CEEEVIIILLEEEEE!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ***SPLAT***

I have it already, I just must remember to play it at some point, like the rest of my 1300 GOG games. I think I must take some long (like VERY long) weekend at some point and play all my GOG games at once, just to be done with it.
I've been feeling similar lately this year, not just on GOG but with my entire multi-platform game collection. I loved Skyrim and Witcher 3 but I had to dedicate my life to them for hundreds of hours each. As much as I love such games (even more than much shorter games) it can be overwhelming to take on another massive game like that one after the other.

So I've taken a bit of a break from massive RPGs for a while to pursue ploughing through my shorter game collections. I'm currently experimenting with various games but have been gravitating towards point-n-click adventure/mystery type games over the last few months (in particular the Blackwell series which I've now completed, and now on to the Dracula series). I'm probably going to go through all of the remaining Wadjet Eye games that I own before year's end also.

10-20+ hour games are my overall preferred game length as well as the lengthier RPGs, but I've got such a diverse and wide ranging collection of games of widely varying lengths that it would be nice to say... spend the time I might spend completing one super-long RPG instead on completing 10/20/50 shorter games just to stroke them off the list and flag them completed. :)

What's surprising, is that it is only September so only 75% of the year is over, and I've already completed more games this year alone I believe than every other year of my gaming life combined! I've played oodles of games over the years but ended up getting sidetracked from most of them and never finishing them. Perhaps I've started a new trend for myself now... :)

Sure is nice to be able to tag games in my catalogue as "COMPLETED" though. :)
timppu: I think I must take some long (like VERY long) weekend at some point and play all my GOG games at once, just to be done with it.
I think they call that retirement. ;)
I found this on Steam forums:

"I've contacted Kalypso Media about it and they said that their distribution contract for this game has expired, but it will be put on Steam again in about 2-3 weeks by the new distributor. So, no worries :)"

So, maybe GOG will also be able to sign a new deal and bring back our little dictator?
Post edited September 19, 2016 by JamesBond007
JamesBond007: I found this on Steam forums:

"I've contacted Kalypso Media about it and they said that their distribution contract for this game has expired, but it will be put on Steam again in about 2-3 weeks by the new distributor. So, no worries :)"

So, maybe GOG will also be able to sign a new deal and bring back our little dictator?
I hope this story doesn't end like Blade of Darkness.It had a similar scenario: 1.Original publisher lost distibution rights(in that case Codemasters), 2.GOG staff removed the game quickly and in hope that the rights have returned to the developer or maybe a new publisher has jumped on board and they just need to ink a new deal, 3. since 2014,nothing happend*silence* :D. Guys,better buy this game now.Who knows what can happen.Cheers
Post edited September 19, 2016 by deja65
deja65: I hope this story doesn't end like Blade of Darkness.It had a similar scenario: 1.Original publisher lost distibution rights(in that case Codemasters), 2.GOG staff removed the game quickly and in hope that the rights have returned to the developer or maybe a new publisher has jumped on board and they just need to ink a new deal, 3. since 2014,nothing happend*silence* :D. Guys,better buy this game now.Who knows what can happen.Cheers
Yeah, it depends on who the new publisher is really, and whether they have a GOG relationship already or not, or how open to creating such a relationship they might be. It happens both ways, sometimes we lose a game or games, other times the games temporarily go away for a short while and then we get them back later with a good chunk of the Bethesda catalogue. :)

It's sad to see any games go of course, but one can also look at it as an opportunity that might spring forth new offerings in the future as GOG uses the game's former glory here as a negotiation tactic to bring a new publisher on board. That's a much less bleak but equally possible scenario to hope for. :)
At least there is one difference between Ceville and Blade of Darkness - time. Entire week for Ceville (less than 3 days left at the moment) and AFAIK only 2 hours for Blade of Darkness.
So sad to hear about a delist :(
Thanks for the heads up! Is there a way you can mark these topics as official announcements? Otherwise it is easy to think it is a member post.
Post edited September 19, 2016 by Celton88
Celton88: Thanks for the heads up! Is there a way you can mark these topics as official announcements? Otherwise it is easy to think it is a member post.
Well, it only says (GOG) in blue next to the thread creator on the forum list. Blues don't typically create threads without good reason, so there's that.
Played it on Steam, it's garbage anyway for me.
Last chance to buy the game here. :-)
Post edited September 21, 2016 by kbnrylaec
And.................................it's gone
X-com: And.................................it's gone
He'll be baaaacckkk :D.Cheers