It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
You guys are being unreasonable. After all, CDP has to make sure its higher-ups are well rewarded for their poor management above all else:

https://www.pcgamer.com/cyberpunk-2077s-rough-launch-didnt-stop-cd-projekt-execs-taking-massive-bonuses/
Post edited December 03, 2021 by Lucian_Galca
low rated
rjbuffchix: Well, FCKDRM.com is now defunct and I can never seem to attach the screenshot that compares/contrasts DRMed content versus DRM-free content, but it seems pretty obvious to me that when Galaxy requirements have been present they violated every single one of those criteria that were laid out on that site (i.e., would mean Galaxy was in the DRMed section, which surely was not the intention of the site).
Starkrun: Written form, 2 columns were used left side DRM-FREE right side DRM only the bottom one was DRM

Backup, copy, use anywhere
No one else gets a say in how you store and access your media. You bought it, you own it.

Access offline
Don't rely on your internet connection. If not on principle, then for stability and convenience.

Keep your consumer rights
Don’t hand your rights over to corporations that wouldn't trust you. Some relationships are based on trust, others on control and suspicion.

Support digital preservation
By choosing the right sources, you know that the content you bought will remain with you – no matter when it was created or for what hardware.

Lose all access, just like that
Online ownership checks can, and do, fail. Scheduled downtime, technical issues, and corporations shutting down are just everyday facts of life.
Starkrun: Here is the examples they give:

You have options! There are numerous sources of DRM-free art and media, including:

Music: Bandcamp 7Digital emusic Jamendo
Gaming: GOG.com Itch FireFlower Games
Books: Project Gutenberg OpenLibra Wikisource
Video: Moving Image Archive Vimeo on Demand
Audiobooks: Librivox
Starkrun: That said no offline download will ever "stop working" from GOG.com they are and will always install and work as long as you are running windows. Even then you can emulate and extract them. They are inefficient as hell but they will work. And even if you are banned from the forums or chatting you can still buy and download games and use Galaxy on GOG. This goes very much against Epic, Ubi, Steam, and Origin as they will cut your account and access from you.
That's the one :)

Good point about the difference in account access. One would think that is another feature GOG could tout over the competition. There are definitely some folks out there who loooove Scheme, right up until the moment they are banned and lose access to games. GOG openly offering reassurance and customer-friendliness would certainly be a nice contrast.
AB2012: Again I repeat, GOG do not have the money to do that, nor any other new project (GOG Proton, GOG Deck, etc). Unlike Steam, GOG actually support the games they sell, so they'd have to support every pre-packaged modded version too in addition to the original that many would want. That's the very definition of over-complication.
Chromanin: CDPR released a massive multi million seller game last year that has provided them a huge amount of money. They absolutely have the option to invest that in GoG if they want to and they can absolutely fund a mod workshop program if that's a priority. They have two options here, either invest in new innovations that will attract more customers, or downsize and slim down operations to reduce costs. If you don't want them to do the latter, then GoG needs to innovate.

And you're twisting my words here, I said that they can provide a premium service to customers by providing high quality releases and a mod workshop which has already shown great success on Steam. But catering to a niche market of old games.
YaTEdiGo: No they won't in practise though. Many of the "No Steam, No Buy" crowd didn't buy elsewhere pre-Steam Workshop when mods were on equal footing, and most people have figured out that despite claims "they would buy elsewhere if only (insert excuse x)", when it comes to the crunch they don't regardless of marketing. What drives many of the "No Steam No Buy" crowd isn't convenience at all, it's pure habituation. They own most games there -> they want to buy everything else there. You could make GOG the easiest site in the world, but "it's not Steam and I want all my games in one place there and Steam comes first". That absolutely is tribalism (often self admittedly so) and is by far the biggest issue every smaller store faces that's repeatedly seen to trump everything else. All GOG can really do is focus on its niche (older games + DRM-Free). Trying to copy the trashy side of Steam's platform lock-in for mods isn't going to do a thing for sales figures.
Chromanin: You are essentially complaining other people are liking Steam's features so much that they're putting other websites out of business. That's sad for those other business but good for Steam because it's driving commitment and attachment from users. If GoG adds additional features that are well liked by customers it will also drive commitment and attachment at the expense of others companies that provide similar services, but it will make GoG a sustainable business. And that is exactly what GoG isn't right now, they're not sustainable.

And saying everyone is "No Steam No Buy" and giving up is just stupid, if every company would give up immediately in the face of competition we would have monopoly's everywhere. And Steam isn't even playing it that hard, they're not forcing themselves like Intel and Microsoft did in the 90's.
You are kinda lost if you think STEAM is not being far more competitive than any other Store. IMHO

Besides that, I rather prefer some games on STEAM, and some others here, STEAM is a good DRM/Broseer or launcher, whatever you want to call it. The rest of the launchers aren´t:

So I am sorry but for many years, my top two were GOG and STEAM for very different reasons, and I own many games on both, probably 50% / 50% if we don´t count the games that been released on STEAM before GOG opened business for the first time.

I don´t care about the EPIC Store, I don´t care about Origin, I don´t care about Uplay, I don´t care about BattleNet... etc etc
Post edited December 08, 2021 by YaTEdiGo
low rated
Some numbers from recent news that may be relevant.

12-Dec-2021
FROM tweaktown.com/news/83350/analysts-reduce-cyberpunk-2077-sales-predictions-by-65/index.html

Analysts reduce Cyberpunk 2077 sales predictions by 65%
Financial analysts now estimate that Cyberpunk 2077 has sold roughly 17.3 million copies from launch until present day, down from the lofty 30 million target that was originally made
Cyberpunk 2077 sold 13.7 million copies during its controversial launch period and the bulk of those were made on PC; sales on PC made more than PS4 and Xbox One combined. Despite these lofty sales and a massive surge in Q3 launch timing earnings, CD Projekt's overall stock has dropped by over 60% in the year after Cyberpunk 2077's launch
16-Dec-2021
FROM pcgamer.com/cd-projekt-will-settle-cyberpunk-2077-class-action-lawsuit-for-dollar185m/

CD Projekt will settle Cyberpunk 2077 class action lawsuit for $1.85M
That seems like quite a deal for a company that earned $303 million in profits in 2020
in 2020 it became the most valuable videogame company in all of Europe, with a market valuation of more than $8.1 billion, an amount that surpasses even that of major multiplatform publisher Ubisoft
Cyberpunk 2077 was a massive moneymaker, ... it earned back all expenses and turned a profit on preorders alone, selling nearly 14 million copies in 2020 and helping to drive a profit of $303 million that year. I'd say $1.85 million to make the legal aggravations go away is an absolute steal. (It's also less than the $2.2 million CD Projekt paid out through its Cyberpunk 2077 refund program.)
The deal isn't done quite yet. A formal settlement document has to be drawn up and submitted to the court by January 13, 2022, after which the court has to make a preliminary ruling on the deal, members of the class have to be notified, and then—finally—it goes back to the court for final approval. The whole process is expected to take several months to conclude.
16-Dec-2021
FROM theverge.com/2021/12/16/22839181/cyberpunk-2077-cd-projekt-1-85-million-proposed-class-action-settlement

It’s worth noting that this lawsuit (technically, four lawsuits that had been rolled into one) were brought by shareholders who believed they were misled by the company about financial performance, not gamers who purchased the game. Despite the game’s seemingly very decent sales, the company’s reputation has slipped, sales projections have lowered, and its stock price has fallen a reported 54 percent since last year.
high rated
Results are out, 2021 sales revenue for GOG dropped from 343 million zloty in 2020 (CP2077 release year) to 199.9 million. Net loss for the unit was about 29 million zloty. Compared to 2019, revenues are up 23%.
https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/investors/result-center/
Post edited April 14, 2022 by SCPM
SCPM: Results are out, 2021 sales revenue for GOG dropped from 343 million zloty in 2020 (CP2077 release year) to 199.9 million. Net loss for the unit was about 29 million zloty. Compared to 2019, revenues are up 23%.
+199,983,000 Sales revenues
+1,640,000 Other Operating Revenues

-144,458,000 Cost of products, services, goods & materials sold
-60,382,000 Selling Costs
-6,735,000 General & Admin Costs
-20,609,000 Other Operating Expenses

= -30,561,000 Operating Profit

I'm really not an investor person but what are all these enormous "cost of selling" figures swallowing up everything spending on to the extent you can earn 200m selling something yet still make a 30m loss? And what's the difference between "Cost of products, services, goods and materials sold" vs "selling costs"? Seems to be a 'double whammy' there.

Edit: I mean if you just add those two rows up (144,458,000 Cost of products, services, goods & materials sold + 60,382,000 Selling Costs = it costs 204,840,000 (in costs) to earn 199,983,000 revenue from selling everything? What am I missing there...
Post edited April 14, 2022 by BrianSim
low rated
SCPM: Results are out, 2021 sales revenue for GOG dropped from 343 million zloty in 2020 (CP2077 release year) to 199.9 million. Net loss for the unit was about 29 million zloty. Compared to 2019, revenues are up 23%.
I'm not really a math or currency wizard or anything like that.

But is that post saying that GOG lost the equivalent of 6.7 million USD in 2021?
Post edited April 14, 2022 by Ancient-Red-Dragon
Ancient-Red-Dragon: I'm not really a math or currency wizard or anything like that.

But is that post saying that GOG lost the equivalent of 6.7 million USD in 2021?
Hi. Yes, is correct. They put their results in ZT but the equivalency is that.
low rated
Hollywood accounting?
low rated
I'm really glad I splurged on a large new HDD recently in order to store my GOG games.

I fear that GOG will not be able to sustain itself for much longer.
https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/investors/result-center
It's nice that sales revenue is up but unless I'm reading it wrong, did GOG just make a 25% bigger Net Loss during the 12 months of 2021 (-29,791,000PLN / -$6.96m) than they made profit during the 36 months of 2018 (30,000PLN / $7,009) + 2019 (2,983,000PLN / $697k) + 2020 (20,655,000PLN / $4.83m) combined?...
low rated
Get woke, go broke. And that's not their only problem, sadly. I miss old good GOG.
low rated
Vendor-Lazarus: Get woke, go broke. And that's not their only problem, sadly. I miss old good GOG.
Amen to that.
high rated
Vendor-Lazarus: Get woke, go broke. And that's not their only problem, sadly. I miss old good GOG.
Oh gawd.

Good riddance to the bigots.
low rated
It's more likely the other way around by the Harvey weinsteins of the financial world

18:08
Post edited April 28, 2022 by §pec†re