It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We’re happy to announce that GOG starts cooperation with GeForce NOW, NVIDIA’s cloud gaming service. It means gamers will be able to launch the GOG.COM version of Cyberpunk 2077 through GeForce NOW from day one (December 10th) of its premiere.

Players around the world, who own the game on GOG.COM, will be able to play the game via the cloud gaming service, exploring the streets of Night City on nearly any device including low-powered or incompatible Windows and Mac laptops, Chromebooks and more. On top of that, GeForce NOW Founders members will experience the game with RTX ON, delivering beautifully ray-traced graphics from Night City.

We hope you’re as excited about the cooperation between GOG and NVIDIA as we are. Launching the GOG.COM version of Cyberpunk 2077 via GeForce NOW is just the first step – expect more news coming from us soon.

The game via GeForce NOW will be available in English at launch, with additional language support coming shortly after.
Kgov: Free members can play a game session for up to one hour with standard access/RTX disabled.

Founder's members ($5/monthly or $25/six months) can play a game session for up to six hours with priority access/RTX enabled.
i_ni: https://www.nvidia.com/en-eu/geforce-now/faq/
> WHAT DOES EXTENDED SESSION LENGTHS MEAN?

> Founders members receive extended session lengths, each lasting up to six hours. After the current session expires, you will move to the front of the queue for fast access to resume your gaming. There is no limit to how many times you can start a new session in a day.

And I'm confused:
- I cannot have the lovely uninterrupted 18h game marathons?
- my session quality degrades over time and a reset is needed? (Good for my health status)
Oh wow, there are queues? Like access is not guaranteed?
midrand: Oh wow, there are queues? Like access is not guaranteed?
The free version makes you queue for a few minutes, each and every time. No queues if you pay.
midrand: Oh wow, there are queues? Like access is not guaranteed?
nic76: The free version makes you queue for a few minutes, each and every time. No queues if you pay.
ok, that's reasonable. I thought you pay and then sit in a queue :)) That would be interesting.
Whsie: I'm cool with this. I say that as someone who absolutely requires standalone installation files and dread 3rd party launchers (Origin, Epic, Bethesda, Battlenet, UPLAY, Xbox Live, Steam included).

At the end of the day, GFN is just a hardware rental service that is delivered via streaming. It's not DRM. It's a different way of playing the game if you don't have the money for the hardware.
Actually you may be surprised at the performance you could get. YTer MrmattyPlays has a GTX 980 Ti (same here. Though mine is the Classified ver.) and he said he was able to play at High settings. My weakest link is my CPU which is a Intel i5-4670k. I also signed up for Geforce Now in hopes of getting an opportunity to play the game with RTX. Here's the video I'm referring to if interested where Matty states his setup and perf. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22v3O4-H2qE
GOG.com: We’re happy to announce that GOG starts cooperation with GeForce NOW, NVIDIA’s cloud gaming service. It means gamers will be able to launch the GOG.COM version of Cyberpunk 2077 through GeForce NOW from day one (December 10th) of its premiere.

Players around the world, who own the game on GOG.COM, will be able to play the game via the cloud gaming service, exploring the streets of Night City on nearly any device including low-powered or incompatible Windows and Mac laptops, Chromebooks and more. On top of that, GeForce NOW Founders members will experience the game with RTX ON, delivering beautifully ray-traced graphics from Night City.

We hope you’re as excited about the cooperation between GOG and NVIDIA as we are. Launching the GOG.COM version of Cyberpunk 2077 via GeForce NOW is just the first step – expect more news coming from us soon.

The game via GeForce NOW will be available in English at launch, with additional language support coming shortly after.
How do we link GOG to GeForce Now?
marcin7848: Oh, thank you very much! Cyberpunk, RTX, instant access via GOG! How can I be more happier?
All I am asking is why people are bying the game via Stadia? (upscalling 4k without RTX, probably just medium settings). There is no way Stadia version will look as good as GeForce Now!
As someone who is getting the Stadia question I'll answer this I guess. I thought about it a lot and even tried Geforce Now out with Quake 2 RTX. After all that I still chose Stadia.

My reasons:

1. No queues or play limits
2. Don't have to pay a monthly fee to play at 1080p. Paying a fee at least gets you 4K and HDR possibilities.
3, Google has way more data centers that are much closer to me so it's more consistent.
4. No way with RTX on can Cyberpunk be played at 60FPS. Quake 2 RTX varies between 40-60 FPS when dynamic resolution scaling was off. Therefore, if I have to leave it off for 60fps, why bother paying a fee for it?
5. Google will likely refresh their hardware next year anyway to stay in the game so the GeForce Now visual advantage will diminish.

Don't get me wrong, I think GeForce Now is a great option, but still feel Stadia has the better model going forward. Sure, I don't own anything, but whatever. This game will be available and discounted and rereleased countless times over the next decade. There's no worry of it not being available in the future. For lesser known titles or indie titles where future availability is not guaranteed, by all means having an actual offline installer is still preferable. Anything AAA that get patched into oblivion anyway not so much.

Hell, CDPR see something in Stadia too otherwise they wouldn't have bothered as it's their first Stadia game.
LegacyXMSGamer: How do we link GOG to GeForce Now?
I assume GOG is going to work like Epic Games currently do. You'll manually add the game to your GeForce Now library, launch it, log into Galaxy via the GFN server and play.

However some confirmation from GOG would be good.
LegacyXMSGamer: How do we link GOG to GeForce Now?
MikeMaximus: I assume GOG is going to work like Epic Games currently do. You'll manually add the game to your GeForce Now library, launch it, log into Galaxy via the GFN server and play.

However some confirmation from GOG would be good.
I'm trying to find out too
hopefully with a lot more games to follow
midrand: I might just have to use Geforce Now as I will NOT be able to play the game on the 10th of December as GOG/CDPR decided that it is a clever marketing strategy to force Galaxy client onto the GOG user base if you wanted to pre-load the game.

Well done.
Anyone else see the wild irony of this post or is it just me?

ajg007: Don't really get why people hate cloud gaming?
Because cloud gaming is the ultimate DRM. You never get the files so you can't mod or crack the game.

If the service decides you can't play the game any longer then that's it. If the service wants to promote one game over others, you'll see performance problems in games they don't want to prioritize and the game they want you to play, whether you wanted to or not, will be flawless. If you want to go back and play old games... well, see my first point.

A new sequel has superceded your favorite game. You don't like the sequel because it changed things you loved. Too bad, that old game was taking away sales from the new one, so access has been canceled to the old game (not entirely unlike the remaster sales that replace the old version that people.here also love to hate).

There are plenty of reasons to hate cloud gaming. It's not without its perks, of course, but to me the negatives far outweigh the positives.
Post edited December 09, 2020 by paladin181
paladin181: Because cloud gaming is the ultimate DRM. You never get the files so you can't mod or crack the game.

If the service decides you can't play the game any longer then that's it. If the service wants to promote one game over others, you'll see performance problems in games they don't want to prioritize and the game they want you to play, whether you wanted to or not, will be flawless. If you want to go back and play old games... well, see my first point.

A new sequel has superceded your favorite game. You don't like the sequel because it changed things you loved. Too bad, that old game was taking away sales from the new one, so access has been canceled to the old game (not entirely unlike the remaster sales that replace the old version that people.here also love to hate).

There are plenty of reasons to hate cloud gaming. It's not without its perks, of course, but to me the negatives far outweigh the positives.
geforce now is the best kind of cloud gaming though. it uses your already existing accounts, so if gfn ever closes you still own all the games
high rated
Bustacap: geforce now is the best kind of cloud gaming though. it uses your already existing accounts, so if gfn ever closes you still own all the games
yes great and good. Until it becomes so popular that the only way to access your games is through the service. As others have said, popularizing a service like this means developers may start making games only playable on the streaming supercomputers. And if the services become popular, they stop selling games the conventional way (see digital distribution, and all the customer abuses available through it like revoking or evading the first sale doctrine, vs physical retail distribution).
Post edited December 09, 2020 by paladin181
If I'm in the EST time zone, can I play the game at 7 pm or will I have to wait until tomorrow?
TheBlueSP1R1T: If I'm in the EST time zone, can I play the game at 7 pm or will I have to wait until tomorrow?
the game will be ready on the same time world wide, in 1h 39min.

Use this:
https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/est-to-gmt-converter

Seems its ready 19.00 EST. your local time
So videogame streaming is a reality. I can see the practicality, for some. Still...
Bustacap: geforce now is the best kind of cloud gaming though. it uses your already existing accounts, so if gfn ever closes you still own all the games
paladin181: yes great and good. Until it becomes so popular that the only way to access your games is through the service. As others have said, popularizing a service like this means developers may start making games only playable on the streaming supercomputers. And if the services become popular, they stop selling games the conventional way (see digital distribution, and all the customer abuses available through it like revoking or evading the first sale doctrine, vs physical retail distribution).
This.
Post edited December 10, 2020 by Carradice