It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We’re happy to announce that GOG starts cooperation with GeForce NOW, NVIDIA’s cloud gaming service. It means gamers will be able to launch the GOG.COM version of Cyberpunk 2077 through GeForce NOW from day one (December 10th) of its premiere.

Players around the world, who own the game on GOG.COM, will be able to play the game via the cloud gaming service, exploring the streets of Night City on nearly any device including low-powered or incompatible Windows and Mac laptops, Chromebooks and more. On top of that, GeForce NOW Founders members will experience the game with RTX ON, delivering beautifully ray-traced graphics from Night City.

We hope you’re as excited about the cooperation between GOG and NVIDIA as we are. Launching the GOG.COM version of Cyberpunk 2077 via GeForce NOW is just the first step – expect more news coming from us soon.

The game via GeForce NOW will be available in English at launch, with additional language support coming shortly after.
high rated
blotunga: I guess I understand the reasoning, not everyone has a PC fast enough to play it maxed out, so they might resort to the cloud. As long as you can still install the game from standalone installers and play completely offline, I don't really care.
That right there is key, if not then we can kiss gaming as we know it goodbye!

That is the fear people have as a good-to-great internet connection is not guaranteed no matter how much you pay for it, I've always had a problem with mandatory third-party utilities forced upon people to play games...

I fear it becoming the norm as software companies have long since defaulted to mandating rent-ware for their programs to run and how they are purchased, fuck you adobe for setting that standard!

One must assume that most, to all companies, want to mandate always-online rentals for their software/games and it is only thanks to customer pushback that has stopped them from doing so.
Post edited December 08, 2020 by TZODnmr2k5
Personally I'm excited about this, because looking at early benchmarks made by people who have early access the requirements for 60 fps are actually huge and I'm probably gonna end up with low settings 30 fps with big stuttering and freezes, so now at least i have "cheap" alternative to play game comfortably.
I have gtx 1070, i5-6400 and 8GB RAM, so yeah and I'm not gonna wait a month in queue for new hardware lol
I'm cool with this. I say that as someone who absolutely requires standalone installation files and dread 3rd party launchers (Origin, Epic, Bethesda, Battlenet, UPLAY, Xbox Live, Steam included).

At the end of the day, GFN is just a hardware rental service that is delivered via streaming. It's not DRM. It's a different way of playing the game if you don't have the money for the hardware.
dtgreene: I wouldn't be so sure about this. There's been plenty of technical problems with online events (including conferences) and Zoom meetings, so I expect there to be techical problems with game streaming as well.
halldojo: I know from experience that this is MUCH easier to maintain. The problems with the service itself is a completely different thing, that is something related to the streaming and has very little to do with the game code. Either it would work for everyone or no one, so it is much easier to fix.
I always find it crazy how non-programmers (dtgreene) think they know more than actual programmers just because they can turn a computer on and off and google a few things. It is such a given that developing for consoles provides a more even playing experience than developing for PC due to the plethora of hardware and software differences.

Heck, I disable the windows swap file and a game that insisted it required a minimum of 4 GB of ram actually meant to say it needed 4 GB and a 2 GB swap. I turn the swap on at 2 GB or more and the game works, I put in a second 4GB stick and the game works... disabling the swap is a perfectly valid option (especially if you're on an SSD and don't need to needlessly increase writes) but testing for edge cases is a major part of debugging and a major headache.

Of course, you have to realize this also means the death of "Player hacked mods" (like morrowind script extender or any number of mods for games that don't officially support them, like KOTOR). What you can actually do becomes extremely restricted for security purposes (even though it's a VM don't act like it cannot be exploited) In fact, since that VM is likely to communicate directly to NVidia hardware you already have a pipeline that you can exploit. There are even VM aware viruses out there, this thing is going to be locked down tight so unless it's an official change you likely won't be able to do it.

Again, no disabling motion blur with inis, no third party patches... completely and totally locked down.
The game via GeForce NOW will be available in English at launch, with additional language support coming shortly after. I need FRENCH!
Oh NO! SHORTLY AFTER
What does that mean? 1hour, 1 day? 1month?. Disappointed!
Post edited December 08, 2020 by Puko22
Merranvo: Of course, you have to realize this also means the death of "Player hacked mods" (like morrowind script extender or any number of mods for games that don't officially support them, like KOTOR). What you can actually do becomes extremely restricted for security purposes (even though it's a VM don't act like it cannot be exploited) In fact, since that VM is likely to communicate directly to NVidia hardware you already have a pipeline that you can exploit. There are even VM aware viruses out there, this thing is going to be locked down tight so unless it's an official change you likely won't be able to do it.

Again, no disabling motion blur with inis, no third party patches... completely and totally locked down.
Yes, and you can probably pretty much forget about modding all together and tweaking, one of the best part about PC gaming.
I just don't get all the hate for the service, as it helped me so much :(

I've been using GFN now for like a year. It was like the best investment for my tight budget.
Managed to rack up over 800 hours in Destiny alone, and not once, I repeat, not once did I have any problems with connection or delay.
Mind you, I don't have any crazy speeds and distance to their server.
Playing on a 50 Mbit connection, and nearest server is 896km from me, and it just works. Even for the PVP aspect of the game.

So in the end, this helped me save lots of money, while at the same time allowing me to play games on max settings on my old laptop, and as a bonus on my smartphone as well.
Post edited December 08, 2020 by tajzo
tajzo: I just don't get all the hate for the service, as it helped me so much :(

I've been using GFN now for like a year. It was like the best investment for my tight budget.
Managed to rack up over 800 hours in Destiny alone, and not once, I repeat, not once did I have any problems with connection or delay.
Playing on a 50 Mbit connection, and nearest server is 896km from me, and it just works. Even for the PVP aspect of the game.

So in the end, this helped me save lots of money, while at the same time allowing me to play games on max settings on my old laptop, and as a bonus on my smartphone as well.
I'm not sure what all the hate is either, especially with the service in it's current form. As you say it's a great option to save a lot of money on hardware upgrades if your internet connection is decent and unlimited.

I gave it a try yesterday and played Control, and I'm quite impressed. I was also on a unrecommended connection just to see how it would handle it, 4G 25mbps and only 2.4 GHZ wifi. There was barely any noticeable input lag and the compression artifacting was quite minimal for 1080p considering the garbage connection.

If I can play games from the rest of my GOG library on the service, I'll be subscribing to it for at least a while.
tajzo: I just don't get all the hate for the service, as it helped me so much :(

I completely agree with you. It's an excellent service. I use it with whatever games I can, saves me space on my laptop. Never had any issues or connection problems. You can easily play all games on max settings with no problems. It's just an excellent service.
Before this announcement I was actually in between the steam version (because I knew it would be available on geforce now) and the gog version. I ended up getting the gog version to support the devs and now with this announcement I'm so happy I made this decision. Two birds with one stone :D. And hopefully this partnership will pave the way between nvidia and gog and we'll get to see more games from gog on geforce now.
Hi all, Cyberpunk 2077 support cross-progression? and from Google Stadia & Geforce Now when is implemented Audio of all languages?

Regards,
Tullio.
If i purchase Cyberpunk on GOG, do I need a GEFORCE NOW subscription to be able to play via GEFORCE NOW?
loopgoot: If i purchase Cyberpunk on GOG, do I need a GEFORCE NOW subscription to be able to play via GEFORCE NOW?
Hi, you don't need a subscription. A free membership has it's limitations: no priority access, max. 1 hour session length and no RTX.
More info: nvidia.com/en-eu/geforce-now/memberships
Post edited December 08, 2020 by Macfuture
Awesome news, so I do not need a new card just rent a geforce now for full details with rtx. Geforce now is pretty fine for singleplayer.
loopgoot: If i purchase Cyberpunk on GOG, do I need a GEFORCE NOW subscription to be able to play via GEFORCE NOW?
Free members can play a game session for up to one hour with standard access/RTX disabled.

Founder's members ($5/monthly or $25/six months) can play a game session for up to six hours with priority access/RTX enabled.
Kgov: Free members can play a game session for up to one hour with standard access/RTX disabled.

Founder's members ($5/monthly or $25/six months) can play a game session for up to six hours with priority access/RTX enabled.
https://www.nvidia.com/en-eu/geforce-now/faq/
> WHAT DOES EXTENDED SESSION LENGTHS MEAN?

> Founders members receive extended session lengths, each lasting up to six hours. After the current session expires, you will move to the front of the queue for fast access to resume your gaming. There is no limit to how many times you can start a new session in a day.

And I'm confused:
- I cannot have the lovely uninterrupted 18h game marathons?
- my session quality degrades over time and a reset is needed? (Good for my health status)