It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We’re happy to announce that GOG starts cooperation with GeForce NOW, NVIDIA’s cloud gaming service. It means gamers will be able to launch the GOG.COM version of Cyberpunk 2077 through GeForce NOW from day one (December 10th) of its premiere.

Players around the world, who own the game on GOG.COM, will be able to play the game via the cloud gaming service, exploring the streets of Night City on nearly any device including low-powered or incompatible Windows and Mac laptops, Chromebooks and more. On top of that, GeForce NOW Founders members will experience the game with RTX ON, delivering beautifully ray-traced graphics from Night City.

We hope you’re as excited about the cooperation between GOG and NVIDIA as we are. Launching the GOG.COM version of Cyberpunk 2077 via GeForce NOW is just the first step – expect more news coming from us soon.

The game via GeForce NOW will be available in English at launch, with additional language support coming shortly after.
Absolutely excellent news! It's a bit late for my GOG copy of Witcher 3 which I had to buy a second time on Steam. But better late than never. Thanks GOG!
Thank you so much! As a poor poor guy, I can't afford the latest and greatest hardware and there are a few games in my library I can't quite run well like Shadow Warrior 2 and The Technomancer. If you get those on, I will be most happy!
All your potatoers out there, rejoice! I kinda always hoped to see this. Wanna see more gog games on the service!
Surprising news since I thought GeForce Now was only able to exclusively use Steam games. My big question is if GeForce Now will be able to be used with other GOG games in the future. I would far rather support that service if that was the case, since I have 200+ games on GOG and have had to buy steam versions just so I can access it in GeForce Now.
And with such news even Monday looks better. Thank You ! I can now order my copy on GOG platform, and play on Geforce Now.
Have a verry nice week guys.
high rated
Time4Tea: GOG is still trying to incentivize a service that involves reliance on a third-party application to play our games. I'll hard pass on that, if it's all the same to you.
firstpastthepost: Maybe it’s less that they are incentivizing a third party service and more that they are giving their customers who don’t have the cash for the required hardware to play it locally to still be able to play the game. It’s a little silly to complain that they are providing more options when it doesn’t prevent you from getting a drm free copy. Not just silly, but a little selfish. Other people should be able to play the game the way they want to, not just you.
I'm sorry if you think it comes across as selfish. The graphics card I have on my PC is very modest, a GXT 1050, so it's not as if I'm going to be able to play CP on that with anything higher than minimal settings, let alone RTX.

But, I honestly think a shift towards computing as a service for gaming will be bad for DRM-free. Why? Because if that happens there will be less of an incentive for developers to keep the performance requirements for their games under control. They will start assuming that everyone has access to top-of-the-line hardware via services like GeForce NOW and will design their games accordingly. The danger I see is that in 10-15 years' time, we will be seeing games being released that will only run on high-spec remote 'supercomputers' with 4 GPUs, which will be completely out of reach for those that want to play their games locally.

So, I don't agree that a shift towards cloud computing for games would have a negligible impact on those that support DRM-free. DRM-free is about playing games on your local machine, and it is important that developers keep specs at a level that is realistically affordable for consumers. Imo, services like GeForce NOW are not something that GOG should be supporting or encouraging.
Will the English language only available at launch be on the GOG version or on all versions, including Steam?
Bardzo dziękuję to świetna wiadomość. Dzięki temu będę grał na najwyższych detalach z obsługą RTX na komputerze który kupowałem z myślą o wiedzminie 6 lat Temu. Jestem zachwycony.
Don't really get why people hate cloud gaming? I want to play Games Via GFN. For me I can now play games at another location without having to buy double the hardware!
Happy to hear!

I can wholeheartedly support the GOG version now.
Let's all begin the Cyberpunk journey, whether that's in the cloud or on your local hardware.
The choice is yours and this is what should please everyone.
high rated
Time4Tea: GOG is still trying to incentivize a service that involves reliance on a third-party application to play our games. I'll hard pass on that, if it's all the same to you.
firstpastthepost: Maybe it’s less that they are incentivizing a third party service and more that they are giving their customers who don’t have the cash for the required hardware to play it locally to still be able to play the game. It’s a little silly to complain that they are providing more options when it doesn’t prevent you from getting a drm free copy. Not just silly, but a little selfish. Other people should be able to play the game the way they want to, not just you.
That might be how it is now but this will change, big corp has been moving in this direction for a while, where you have to rent everything, this might be available on both sides now, but I admit my fear is that sooner rather than later this will only be available as a service, this is why I say it is FAR from selfish to be against this Drm service. And I would argue that this stands against all that gog used to stand for.
GOG.com: We hope you’re as excited about the cooperation between GOG and NVIDIA as we are. Launching the GOG.COM version of Cyberpunk 2077 via GeForce NOW is just the first step – expect more news coming from us soon.
No, I'm not excited. I have a moderately solid PC and I'm afraid of a (near?) future one cannot run whatever one wants to run locally.

Playing whatever I want to play/run on **my** PC is half the fun, don't take that freedom from me! // Sorry for being a "Nay" sayer ...
high rated
ajg007: Don't really get why people hate cloud gaming? I want to play Games Via GFN. For me I can now play games at another location without having to buy double the hardware!
It is simple, you need a pretty good internet, you need to be always connected, you don´t own anything there, you are renting stuff, this does not work well on the road even though it says so, play anywhere?, good luck on your random hotel connection. And this will take up a significant amount of bandwith.

I personally prefer to play my games locally without relying on outside servers, I often travel to places that have no internet and I would prefer to be able to play my games there, if this continues future games might not be available on anything but cloud computing.

P.s I do get it though, why this is appealing to some people.
Post edited December 07, 2020 by halldojo
some: Does anyone know if I can transfer saves from GeForce NOW to local game?
maybe if you launch GFN with gog galaxy inside, then galaxy can sync saves and you can access it from your PC next time.
you don't have access to GFN storage, only if you use the middleman (cloud saves).

I wonder if this is the first step to make all gog games accessible from GFN. would be great if it happens. too bad it can't be done without galaxy (DRM layer). but maybe in future gog can create some kind of API to call directly gog servers to see if user owns the game and launch it for them. But it has no cloud saves. Can gog implement it outside of galaxy?

GFN is the best thing you can have if you have huge backlog and lots of games from bundles or elsewhere. And no free space/ no time to download everything. If you just want to try games to see if it's something you will play GFN will save you time for downloads. I played Witcher 3 on GFN just because I can't be bothered to download it and to clean my drives (there's almost nothing left after ESO, BDO and offline installers).
Post edited December 07, 2020 by djoxyk
¡¡¡MUCHAS GRACIAS!!!