It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We’re happy to announce that GOG starts cooperation with GeForce NOW, NVIDIA’s cloud gaming service. It means gamers will be able to launch the GOG.COM version of Cyberpunk 2077 through GeForce NOW from day one (December 10th) of its premiere.

Players around the world, who own the game on GOG.COM, will be able to play the game via the cloud gaming service, exploring the streets of Night City on nearly any device including low-powered or incompatible Windows and Mac laptops, Chromebooks and more. On top of that, GeForce NOW Founders members will experience the game with RTX ON, delivering beautifully ray-traced graphics from Night City.

We hope you’re as excited about the cooperation between GOG and NVIDIA as we are. Launching the GOG.COM version of Cyberpunk 2077 via GeForce NOW is just the first step – expect more news coming from us soon.

The game via GeForce NOW will be available in English at launch, with additional language support coming shortly after.
Bustacap: geforce now is the best kind of cloud gaming though. it uses your already existing accounts, so if gfn ever closes you still own all the games
paladin181: yes great and good. Until it becomes so popular that the only way to access your games is through the service. As others have said, popularizing a service like this means developers may start making games only playable on the streaming supercomputers. And if the services become popular, they stop selling games the conventional way (see digital distribution, and all the customer abuses available through it like revoking or evading the first sale doctrine, vs physical retail distribution).
To be clear, I dislike cloud gaming in the sense that you only own the game in cloud form and it only be accessed that way. I agree that's de facto DRM. For that reason, I detest Stadia.

Conversely, I don't mind GFN because your game doesn't exist in GFN's library so to speak. It's simply a hardware rental service. You have a copy of the game either on Steam, Epic, or GOG (in this case) and the GF servers run your game on their hardware and stream it your computer. The service is basically for certain folks who don't have the hardware to run the games or run as it as well as they want. For folks who have the hardware, they can install it on their computer and run it there. This option basically expands the accessibility of high end, demanding PC games to a greater portion of the population (Mac computers can run GFN too).
guess not
Well when i startup the game i get the following (see attachment)
Attachments:
Doesn't work. Between the two factor authentication, and the lack of recognition of my per-purchase from nearly 2 years ago (shows up fine in my Epic library) it simply doesn't work. Epic store not talking to Gog, gog not updating it's database, who know. But what I do know is you've had ungodly amounts of additional time to sort this stuff out.
paladin181: yes great and good. Until it becomes so popular that the only way to access your games is through the service. As others have said, popularizing a service like this means developers may start making games only playable on the streaming supercomputers. And if the services become popular, they stop selling games the conventional way (see digital distribution, and all the customer abuses available through it like revoking or evading the first sale doctrine, vs physical retail distribution).
Whsie: To be clear, I dislike cloud gaming in the sense that you only own the game in cloud form and it only be accessed that way. I agree that's de facto DRM. For that reason, I detest Stadia.

Conversely, I don't mind GFN because your game doesn't exist in GFN's library so to speak. It's simply a hardware rental service. You have a copy of the game either on Steam, Epic, or GOG (in this case) and the GF servers run your game on their hardware and stream it your computer. The service is basically for certain folks who don't have the hardware to run the games or run as it as well as they want. For folks who have the hardware, they can install it on their computer and run it there. This option basically expands the accessibility of high end, demanding PC games to a greater portion of the population (Mac computers can run GFN too).
It still serves the purpose that Paladin mentioned above: with enough people going that route, eventually software developers end up making games that can only be reasonably played on cloud computers.
djoxyk: I wonder if this is the first step to make all gog games accessible from GFN. would be great if it happens. too bad it can't be done without galaxy (DRM layer). but maybe in future gog can create some kind of API to call directly gog servers to see if user owns the game and launch it for them. But it has no cloud saves. Can gog implement it outside of galaxy?
dtgreene: Having the client check with the server to see if the game is owned, and refusing to run otherwise, is DRM.
really? then gog itself is DRM because it also checks if you own the game before letting you access its installers. how do expect it to work? to let everyone download and run eveything on gog servers without any authentication?

I bet now some of the people who downvoted me for supporting GFN would go and play CP 2077 on GFN because it won't launch on their rig :)
If CDPR planned to use GFN for their new title they knew about game issues and just wanted to make sure even people without Nvidia 30 series cards can run it. What's bad in that? I personally won't play CP 2077 because I disliked Witcher 3 just for the same things they keep using in CP 2077, and it looks like they're using same game engine because it has same collision and AI issues as Witcher 3 still has. But for people who can get past these annoying issues GFN would be the additional option to run the game if it fails on their rig.

paladin181: yes great and good. Until it becomes so popular that the only way to access your games is through the service.
I don't see how it would become popular with the price they're asking now in my region - 15 USD while people in EU and USA can get the same for 5 USD.
Post edited December 12, 2020 by djoxyk
dtgreene: Having the client check with the server to see if the game is owned, and refusing to run otherwise, is DRM.
djoxyk: really? then gog itself is DRM because it also checks if you own the game before letting you access its installers. how do expect it to work? to let everyone download and run eveything on gog servers without any authentication?
As for where I'm currently drawing the line:
* If the server doesn't let you download a game you don't own, that's OK.
* If the *client* doesn't let you access the game, then it's a problem.
djoxyk: really? then gog itself is DRM because it also checks if you own the game before letting you access its installers. how do expect it to work? to let everyone download and run eveything on gog servers without any authentication?
The person you've quoted said "RUN", not "access installers".
teceem: The person you've quoted said "RUN", not "access installers".
in case of GFN it is the same. each session when you launch a game it has to access installers, install it (couple of seconds to 10 minutes if its a big game) and only then you can "run" it.
without accessing installers you won't run it
Is polish language available yet? If not, when will it be?
Please make The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition available for GeForce NOW also, it should be similar to Cyberpunk 2077 GOG which is now available on GeForce Now.
this is perfect for those of us that have bought the game but dont have the PC to run it at an acceptable framerate. Plus you can play it for one hour at a time for free at no extra cost.
Slick_JMista: ... Plus you can play it for one hour at a time for free at no extra cost.
Seems like a promotional event, i.e. unlikely to last an year or two ...
OK...i open ge force now...select c77....whereeee is the gog login???????????????
Slick_JMista: this is perfect for those of us that have bought the game but dont have the PC to run it at an acceptable framerate. Plus you can play it for one hour at a time for free at no extra cost.
How long until you can start the game again, after that hour?