It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

wodmarach: there are NO exit polls being done by the UK news agencies so don't expect exit poll results.
Even if I'm not really expecting a surprise for the outcome ("remain" will win) , I'm really interested to know if there will be some kind of statistics to make some "profiles" of the voters like they did for the recent presidential elections in Austria where there was a big disparity between countryside and cities or that 88% of labour workers voted for Höfer and so on...

So, if there are some stats scheduled, I'll be glad to know which media (English or foreign) to follow..
wodmarach: there are NO exit polls being done by the UK news agencies so don't expect exit poll results.
catpower1980: Even if I'm not really expecting a surprise for the outcome ("remain" will win) , I'm really interested to know if there will be some kind of statistics to make some "profiles" of the voters like they did for the recent presidential elections in Austria where there was a big disparity between countryside and cities or that 88% of labour workers voted for Höfer and so on...

So, if there are some stats scheduled, I'll be glad to know which media (English or foreign) to follow..
Ofcourse remain will win, maybe with a landslide or at least 59% (maybe more) will vote stay.
Ofcourse these poor sheeps dont know that EU wont forget what they have done, its like trying to fix a broken marriage, sooner or later it will finally burst beyond repair.

I only hope they wont start complaining cause if they stay they will never get a chance to leave again, so in case they stay and shites will hit the fan, they should take it like a man , and wont be crying outload, cause they knew what would happen.
Anyway in a few years it will be obvious who will be playing boss in EU ....

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2016/jun/22/eu-referendum-live-remain-leave-last-day-campaign#comments

well that's it, Mr Farage had something coming up and had to leave earlier:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3654977/Nigel-Farage-pulls-Channel-4-s-EU-referendum-debate-just-hour-start.html

So its back to Eu for Britain i guess.... , somehow i expected remain to win, you cant fight nor beat the system, anyway i wont vote for anything anymore cause it is all decided for us, its the same in every country, they let you vote but it makes no difference, they already know the outcome no matter what you vote.
Post edited June 22, 2016 by gamesfreak64
gamesfreak64: You do know 48% (and it will even grow over time) of the Dutch want Nexit.... and the majority is in favor of a referendum.
F4LL0UT: You do know that for being in favour of change you just must be unhappy with the status quo, right? Add that all these Brexits, Nexits, Shitsacks and whatnot are also attractive to nationalists who don't care about whether things will actually get better. Letting the regular people decide is literally the dumbest possible thing to do in these cases.
Not necessarily, let me explain imho the only logical reason for older people (the ones who knew things like they used to be ) can compare to current EU status.
All the younger people , most dont even know what happen 30 years ago, cant care for whats happening, they only know th EU as it is to day.
We, the older ones (40 , 50 and older) compare the old good times with today and trust me things were better in the EEC, young people dont have that strong connection with the past cause their past is the current future, my cousins dont care, they like as it is they are used to the current mess thats called EU, cause they grew up with it, but i did not .
many of the exit voters are older, so unless people can compare EU as it is now with the old EEC, they cant be objective and tend to go for Bremain.

Our kids dont know about vinyl records, old tapes, vcr, maybe they seen it on the internet or in a museum, but they werent there in the 50-80's so they have no connection and so they dont and wont and cant care about the past, bad thing is, these young ones will 'ruin' it for us, runi it for their parents , uncles and aunts, granddad and grand moms, and that is sad, thats all i can say: it is said.

As for the selfelected leaders in Brussels: with that monthly income its only logical they want the EU alive, but the majority will never have that amount of salary, and that is wrong so thats why EU only cares about themselves.
As for cammoron, after he did the things he did, it should only be right he steps down, even if they stay cause a fear monegerer like that should not stay PM anylonger, you cant trust a person who divided the country, first he promises
a lot and in the end he screws up and it become a big mess, so best would be for Cammoron to step down himself.
That would be decent to do.
Trilarion: What I think is that the EU needs reforms urgently, mostly much more democracy and representation and secondly a balanced approach to central power vs. local government. This is not simple but it needs to be done. Big changes are coming (either way).

I don't think Britain is better alone, even with the current state of the EU. Nationalism is not the answer to any problem we have.
seaspanky: Any changes are only happening because the European Union is in its own self-induced death throes, and exiting the EU, or threatening to, has been the only real way to "reform" it. By definition the establishment of the EU was a rejection of National and Local governance in favor of centralized collectivism. A little more reforms aren't going to fix the inherent problems of centralization and Brussels created and imposed EU Laws. Individual societies, through their National governments, are always going to be better served and represented by their own governments. Always.

Britain is better alone than in the EU as it was created. Any nation is. "Nationalism" for so many Europeans is an ever present boogyman that is wheeled out to deny denigrate entirely legitimate desires for real representation and decreasing the coercive imposition of foreign interests, through laws and regulations, over the real interests and needs of the people. The falsely used "Nationalism" is actually something other than mere patriotism or the promotion of some vague notion of national superiority.

Trilarion: What I really like about the EU is keeping the peace (100 years ago Europeans just killed each other) and offering free movement across borders and free work.

While this may seem like more competition at first glance it also offers more opportunity and this in the end is even increasing the welfare (otherwise big countries like USA, Russia, China, India would really suffer, wouldn't they).

Just that I can visit Britain without a VISA and that I can look for work there (and Britains can look for work in Germany as well) is a really great thing - and that is (plus the peace thing) what the EU is all about in my eyes. Basically I feel like I have a right to be in Britain (or France or Spain or Italy or Sweden) and that Britains have a right to be here all that. Without the EU, we don't have all that. It means less freedom to move and less opportunities for everyone.
seaspanky: This is really about you and your self-interests then. Not the interests of the British people if they desire to curtail the massive influx of EU imposed and directed legal immigrants. Restricting immigration means more opportunities FOR THE PEOPLE LIVING IN THAT COUNTRY. Are the British people really expected to care for the demands of foreigners to British job markets over themselves and their own children? Or the laws and regulations of the EU that hurt British industries and remove cultural mores, protections, and legal standards in favor of ideals imposed from other countries? How is it that promoting specific British desires and needs over the collective needs of the entire EU is mere "Nationalism", while those pushing some "Pan-European identity" in favor of a supra-national superstate is not?? Why is that EU promotion not merely just "SuperNationalism" for EU Supranationalism?

Trilarion: The Brexit campaign is not aimed at improving the EU at all (which I could totally understand), it is a simple Britain for the Britains thing where everyone from abroad is seen as something completely different. I really don't like this.
seaspanky: Good. The entire purpose and existence of the British government is supposedly to serve the interests of its own BRITISH citizenry, not the citizens of foreign countries. Why shouldn't their needs supercede yours? Try doing the actual hard work of reforming or replacing the governments or policies of your own countries rather than seek to benefit from British hard work and success that results from the very different British systems and government that better favors economic prosperity than your own.
you make some good points :D
I think the old EU dinosaur selfelected memebrs in Brussels wanted to copycat the USA, they wanted to create a USE: United States of Europe, they figured, if USA can pull it of with that many states, why cant we?
But they cant it wont work will never work, as for 1 big EU police/army? that would be a laugh.

Btw they consider UK a milkcow , yes they actually do, google on it, and laugh, seems UK is the biggest milkcow, the germany, another one, and we the poor dutch are also a nice milkingcow , so its good to know UK wont leave, cause otehrwise we would be the next milkingcow.

Anyway, imho you cant compare anything to the USA, its a unique kind and it cant be duplicated , cause there is only one USA.
EU should be EEC again like we used to, not 1 flag and 1 anthem, no ruelrs in Brussels and evry country rules it selves like in the EEC, and no membership fees every week.
wodmarach: For those wondering the result is expected to be final at 9am Friday, there are NO exit polls being done by the UK news agencies so don't expect exit poll results. The first count (number of valid votes cast) is expected at 3am. The first area result (London) is expected at 4.30ish. The swing votes are expected to come from the north-east(expected around 5am) If it votes remain it should balance out the midlands expected (close) leave vote.

The main problem is this vote can come down to a single vote so until every vote is counted they can't declare a winning side. Though I expect if it comes down to within a few thousand votes the losing side may want many many recounts
I'm curious - where do you get the NO exit polls from?

There are many exit polls being planned, they're just not being done by the official group that does the elections. The reason being that they base the swing on past results in the constituency, which there are none.

My understanding is that there will be exit polls. If I'm wrong, please do correct me.
wodmarach: For those wondering the result is expected to be final at 9am Friday, there are NO exit polls being done by the UK news agencies so don't expect exit poll results. The first count (number of valid votes cast) is expected at 3am. The first area result (London) is expected at 4.30ish. The swing votes are expected to come from the north-east(expected around 5am) If it votes remain it should balance out the midlands expected (close) leave vote.

The main problem is this vote can come down to a single vote so until every vote is counted they can't declare a winning side. Though I expect if it comes down to within a few thousand votes the losing side may want many many recounts
wpegg: I'm curious - where do you get the NO exit polls from?

There are many exit polls being planned, they're just not being done by the official group that does the elections. The reason being that they base the swing on past results in the constituency, which there are none.

My understanding is that there will be exit polls. If I'm wrong, please do correct me.
Note I said the news agencies BBC ITV and SKY have all announced they are not running exit polls themselves , the most likely to do exit polling are venture capitalists so watch the NZ market as it opens it'll give you an idea if the pound starts dropping it's likely a leave vote.
wpegg: I'm curious - where do you get the NO exit polls from?

wodmarach: Note I said the news agencies BBC ITV and SKY have all announced they are not running exit polls themselves , the most likely to do exit polling are venture capitalists so watch the NZ market as it opens it'll give you an idea if the pound starts dropping it's likely a leave vote.
Thankyou for that. Yes I did miss your point.

I've a feeling that the news orgs will not be able to resist piggybacking on whatever exit polls they can get, so I think we'll see some even from the BBC prior to the result.

But hey, lets just wait till tomorrow. I'm all ready to vote!
In the words of Dan Quayle, "Don't forget to vot!"
tinyE: In the words of Dan Quayle, "Don't forget to vot!"
I'm voting in so Polish peeps can still come here, they are wonderful hard working people, some have even become good friends. That is all ...
Post edited June 23, 2016 by summitus
I voted around 2 weeks ago :P
Did anyone get that joke because I'm only getting serious replies. :P
tinyE: Did anyone get that joke because I'm only getting serious replies. :P
Vot joke? Vot are you talking about? Vot is ze problem viz serious replies? :-)

EDIT: Nope, don't have any clue what you're referring to -- just trying to fit in to the new regime. :-P
Post edited June 23, 2016 by blakstar
Hope the British vote for leave, getting really sick of all the newspaper saying "The Brexit is the beginning of the end". Want to see the sad faces of our politicians :)
Post edited June 23, 2016 by DanTheKraut
I'd be surprised if most people here even know who Dan Quayle is...I've only heard of him because he has sort of a cameo appearance in Fallout 2.
morolf: I'd be surprised if most people here even know who Dan Quayle is...I've only heard of him because he has sort of a cameo appearance in Fallout 2.
Well, I know he was Vice-President during George Bush's term of office, but I'm still no closer to understanding TinyE's joke!