It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

In Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous you can create any character imaginable with the flexibility, richness, and depth of the Pathfinder First Edition ruleset. You can choose from 25 classes and 12 races, but what if you could come up with your own character, apart from those that already exist?

Share your idea for a new Pathfinder class or race in the comments and get a chance to win one of 20 keys for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous!

The contest ends on September 13th, 6 PM UTC.
| Share your idea for a new Pathfinder class or race

Elemental Druid

Some of the race of Elementals have permanently migrated to the material plane, at a cost of some of their powers. This great sacrifice allows them, as the personification of natural powers, to serve the natural world. They become talented and powerful druidic champions to ensure the balance of nature is always respected.

All elementally associated spells become empowered and match the element of the caster. However, these druids gain Vulnerable 5 against their opposite elemental type!
GOG.com: In Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous you can create any character imaginable with the flexibility, richness, and depth of the Pathfinder First Edition ruleset. You can choose from 25 classes and 12 races, but what if you could come up with your own character, apart from those that already exist?

Share your idea for a new Pathfinder class or race in the comments and get a chance to win one of 20 keys for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous!

Race:
I've always been a fan of The Bangaa from FFXII, Medium sized Crocodile men with a penchant for sky piratery and a powerful bite attack.

Class:
I remember there was an expansion class for D&D 3.5 called Fleshcrafter, which let you build and animate flesh golems. That could be interesting if properly added to a game. Defeating enemies and harvesting parts to build specialized golems could be an interesting mechanic.
GOG.com: In Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous you can create any character imaginable with the flexibility, richness, and depth of the Pathfinder First Edition ruleset. You can choose from 25 classes and 12 races, but what if you could come up with your own character, apart from those that already exist?

Having a class whose mechanics specifically revolved around the manipulation of time would be neat. Sort of the ilk of a typical caster, but specifically with the ability to control and distort time. The ability to freeze time momentarily to move to safety (think a "blink"-like ability); to slow or speed up time in an area to damage and/or cripple opponents or to boost healing effects to allies... at the highest levels even having a limited ability to turn back time (with potentially disastrous effects) during an encounter.
Recreate the Black Panther character and it's civilization
I think a cool idea for a class would be Living Plague. The idea would be a former warlock cursed to exist in a non-corporeal form as a shapeless but barely visible black cloud. It would constantly be doing DoT damage to all characters, friendly and enemies, but has an innate ability called Inhale, where successfully inhaling a weakened character causes the class to grow more powerful. Since there's a risk to having a Living Plague with you, the payoff is that once sufficiently powerful enough, the class gets the ability to instantly gib even bosses with a successful roll and it only gets a better chance of doing so the more you use it.

Another idea I think would be cool would be a class called Agent Jones. Basically, a complete ripoff of Agent Smith from The Matrix. The class is dressed in a suit and glasses, and is able to corrupt enemies into turning into other Agent Jones classes if a successful dice roll is rolled, turning them into friendly units from then on. It would have good boost to Dex, Str and Agility compared to other physical classes.
DSP created some good psionic races and classes for Pathfinder, all of them based on D&D 3.5. They are Open Source, although I think you need to make a deal with them to be able to use them in a PC game.

One race of interest from DSP is the Elan:

Born not of a mother or father, but created, elans were once mortal beings. Built by a shadowy council to live as psionically awakened superior life forms, elans are capable of sustaining themselves with nothing but the power of the mind. Elans are no longer true mortals, having been unfettered by a secret ritual that created this new race and reborn anew, with but wisps and fragments of memories of their previous lives. Incapable of breeding, elans expand their numbers by choosing members of other races, most often humans, and transforming them into new elans. This would pose a problem for the continuation of the race, except elans do not die of old age. The secrets of the transformation ritual are typically limited to the elite members of the elan secret society that exists, and they take these secrets to the grave before sharing them with lesser beings. Elans are often chosen for being exceptional in some way: sometimes it is because they excel in physical challenges, other times it is because of their quick wit or sharp intellect, or in some cases a natural ability to work with the psionic arts. But none of the elans could ever be described as normal, mediocre, or standard. While most elans, even those of non-human origin, physically resemble humans, there is usually something that stands out about every elan.

Racial Traits

Ability Score Modifiers: Elans gain a +2 bonus to one ability score chosen at creation to represent their varied nature.
Aberrant Blood: Elans are of the humanoid (aberrant) subtype.
Size: Elan are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Speed: Elans have a base speed of 30 feet.
Aberrant Nature: Although human in appearance, elans suffer from a nature slightly off from the rest of the non-elan society. They suffer a -1 penalty to Charisma-based skill checks when dealing with non-elans.
Naturally Psionic: Elans gain the Wild Talent feat as a bonus feat at 1st level. If an elan takes levels in a psionic class, she instead gains the Psionic Talent feat.
Resistance (Su): Elans can use psionic energy to increase their resistance to various forms of attack. As an immediate action, an elan can spend 1 power point to gain a +4 racial bonus on saving throws until the beginning of her next action.
Resilience (Su): When an elan takes damage, he can spend power points to reduce its severity. As an immediate action, he can reduce the damage he is about to take by 2 hit points for every 1 power point he spends.
Repletion (Su): An elan can sustain his body without need of food or water. If he spends 1 power point, an elan does not need to eat or drink for 24 hours.
Psionic Aptitude: When an elan takes a level in a favored class, he can choose to gain an additional power point instead of a hit point or skill point.
Languages: Elans begin play speaking Common. Elans with high Intelligence scores can choose any languages they want (except secret languages, such as Druidic).

For classes, there are five that will be perfect in Wrath: The Psion (the psionic version of a mage / sorcerer), the Cryptic (psionic rogue), marksman (specializes with a ranged weapon), Soulknife (melee warrior that manifests/summons his own weapons during combat, and can assign them abilities), and Aegis (a warrior that manifests armor with abilities chosen by the Aegis like a Soulknife does for his weapons). If you do bring in the Aegis and the Soulknife, a good prestige class to add will be the Metaforge.

For more info on these classes and the Elan race, visit d20pfsrd.com/alternative-rule-systems/psionics-unleashed/

If DSP's classes are off the table, an alternative will be to bring in the Occultist. You already have the Kineticist from the Occult classes, so I doubt you will run into any licensing issues.
A sort of glass cannon representative of death would be fun. An emissary of Ereshkigal, who has powerful but slow attacks, and can add a fear calculation to the party's interactions.
I'd love to see some sort of different healing class. Possible similar to a Sorcerer where they don't need to memorize prior to but one that is more focused on pure healing/curing. Thinking of a cross between a fighter and a cleric where they can wear the heavier armor (with penalties but later skills could negate them) and even enchant their weapons so that each hit could heal a target party member or possibly the whole party for X rounds or something.
Incubus / Succubus half-blood.
Not a good fighter, but can stun / seduce / enthrall.
Can pass for human with effort (hiding the small horns, etc) but lot of social prejudice if real nature discovered

Anybody who resisted or has been influenced keep a grudge against the character afterwards.
( that a -1 to -3 to the next roll )

Talk a bit of demon's tongue.

Can have a *crisis* on a critical fail, aka Libido explosion in a 20 meters radius.
Everybody in the radius is affected, except for a saving throw.
My favorite type of character to play in an RPG is a melee-magic hybrid, and I frequently try to build for that character if the system allows it. I contemplated doing this when I started playing Pathfinder: Kingmaker, but the Eldritch Knight's abilities didn't look that interesting to me. I'd love to play an anti-spellcaster spellcaster. They could have abilities like their damaging spells applying a slow effect, and their melee attacks applying a debuff that makes enemies vulnerable to spell damage. The point of the class's abilities would be to give them tools that are useful on a variety of enemies, but are exceptionally powerful when dealing with enemy spellcasters. This is important to make sure the class doesn't end up being overpowered against mages and lackluster against other enemies. If I knew how to mod games I'd add the class in myself.
A telepathic talking mollusk with zero mobility or fighting ability. Must be carried in a backpack or a cart by another party member. Can execute spells and telekinesis and disguise itself as a human when wearing a wig.
How about the humanoid cockroaches from Mars that were a creation from man's experiment for colonization?

A hybrid race of lycans would be awesome, with choices of werebear, wererat, werewolf etc. Would live to see kenku and dragonvorn brought in as well.

As for class, there's a great variety already, but a tinkerer/construct based summoner would be very cool. Creating turrets, traps, golem, etc, but using steam and other power rather than magic to power their creations.
Something like the Tengu, but strong enough to pick up enemies and drop them on to the rocks.

One of the ideas that I like, is the player being this almost omniscient being controlling the fate of a mortal. So for a class I imagine some kind of Far Seer or even a class that can "See" the future and its possibilities, recieving its gift from a Deity.
Mechanically, the class could altern the resulsts of the dice rolls from players and monsters, play a dice before the actions and then decide what value goes to what. You can specialize and melee, range or margic and use your rolls to avoid damage in exchange of doing damage if necessary.
Sound kind of impossible and broken I guess, but I like the idea of playing with the dice mechanics.