It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

In Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous you can create any character imaginable with the flexibility, richness, and depth of the Pathfinder First Edition ruleset. You can choose from 25 classes and 12 races, but what if you could come up with your own character, apart from those that already exist?

Share your idea for a new Pathfinder class or race in the comments and get a chance to win one of 20 keys for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous!

The contest ends on September 13th, 6 PM UTC.
I would love a bird like race that can fly to different parts of a map, they would have better athletics and agility and a piercing scream move for when they battle. It would also be cool if when in dialogue, they had like a stone or something that lets them talk to others like normal but when they don't have the stone equipped they can only nod or shake their heads as an option.
A race I wish was playable would be the Beholderborn. This race was created when the gods cursed a beholder to live as a human after he became too powerful. Living as a human he came to value humanity and took a wife and had children. The Beholderborn appear to be completely human. However their blood holds innate abilities that can be awakened, either on purpose or through an awakening event.

These awakening events can be involuntary such as brush with death or feeling a range of extreme emotional stressors. Or they can be voluntary, either performed with magical artifacts or practice. When a Beholderborn awakens their body's bloat, their hair and scalp become eye-stalks, and their skin becomes bumpy, oily and oddly colored. Finally their human eyes merge together into a large central eye. In this form, they float off the ground and fire energy from their now single eye and their many eye-stalks.

In game there could be events that trigger involuntary awakenings which affect the story, such as the character facing discrimination for not being fully human. Or the character could fight against the transformations. The powers of a Beholderborn are seen as inherently evil, so it could negatively affect your karma every time you use them.

A lot of rpgs have events where you lose all your stuff and have to struggle to get it back, sometimes as a beginning event. I love the idea of having my character supposedly trapped, helpless and freaking out only to morph and start temporarily start ripping through the opposition.
hi , hopefully no one has mentioned this class

but i was thinking a class that had a history of a marriage gone bad for whatever reason.
so the class is like a tainted bride/groom of their partner , groom or bride. gender isnt restricted.

the loss of a loved one is so devestating it effects the 'corpse bride/groom' that they are touched by death resulting that they project their loved one from the grave. so in theory the bride or groom of the person comes back from the dead in either form of a zombie/skeleton, or a ghost.

so basically replacing animal companion with a humanoid. its just an aesthetic, maybe could have some special abilities like fear/horror. maybe they could be equippable with a weapon? could be over powered tho.

was thinking the 'corpse bride/groom' was a witch sub class that uses hexes but the hexes are combined with a burning component so they do magic fire damage as well as a debuff.

thought the overall concept could be linked to an overwhelming heat. rather than the conventional corpse bride at night. its the sun corpse bride that uses blindingly hot curses.

or it could be a hunter sub class . that both bride and partner have a deep bond and connection. maybe when one dies the other dies. maybe when one takes damage the other takes damage.

anyway hope you like my idea. thanks for your time.
My idea is an octopus race of fatherly figures. They definitely align to the chaotic good. Very difficult to control but with enough willpower, they will get the job done. In the right hands and when well trained, will act as a glass cannon stage actor professional fishmancer as well as a tank when his family is threatened. Abilities include wild arm swinging action, confusing both enemy and ally alike, and blowing bubbles.

Another potential race would be an unnamed goose race. Alignment would be chaotic neutral. They are expert saboteurs and skilled at the art of distraction. Their honks can startle and interrupt even the gods. They are also able to equip almost any item and are especially proficient at stealing and using their enemies own weapons against them.
Post edited September 13, 2021 by CountryBoyRunner
I'd like to see a race of neanderthals, clad in tribal gear grace the Pathfinder series. Exploring their adeptly interwoven backstory,, why they've been left alone and isolated from wider society would be a compelling edition to the franchise.

Surreal yet very much real.
GOG.com: In Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous you can create any character imaginable with the flexibility, richness, and depth of the Pathfinder First Edition ruleset. You can choose from 25 classes and 12 races, but what if you could come up with your own character, apart from those that already exist?

Share your idea for a new Pathfinder class or race in the comments and get a chance to win one of 20 keys for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous!

The contest ends on September 13th, 6 PM UTC.
Hybrid Class: Fey Knight
Parent Classes: Druid and Barbarian

There are many reasons Fey Knights find themselves in the service of their noble. Some Fey Knights are born into the roll, some volunteer, others find themselves conscripted as part of a debt, and few are abducted as children and pressed into servitude. The training is harsh and includes, martial, magic, and court manipulation. Your Fey Lords and Ladies tolerate no errors. After the process, your prowess on and off the battlefield make you a force to be reckoned with.

Role: The Fey Knight executes the will of their Fey Master using a variety of combat and non-combat techniques. They are allowed significant amounts of discretion so long as their Master's goals are achieved.

Hit Dice: 1d10
Alignment: Any Neutral
Armor & Weapon Proficiency: Simple and Martial weapons, light armor, medium armor, and shields (except tower)
Skills: Acrobatics, Bluff, Climb, Diplomacy, Handle Animal, Knowledge (Nature), Perception, Sense Motive, Spellcraft, Survival, Swim

They take base attack bonus from the barbarian.
They cannot rage, they were trained in discipline. These kinds of outbursts are unseemly.
They keep uncanny dodge and the damage reduction from Barbarian, the harsh combat training has given their bodies otherworldly powers.
They have the saves of a druid, poisons and games of the mind and will are commonplace among these Fey.
Trackless Step, Resist Nature’s Lure, A Thousand Faces, And Timeless Body are all brought from nature by the Fey and bestowed upon the Knight.
They can only cast spells up to level 4 using the same progression as a Paladin or Ranger might. The Knight is taught magic, but nothing powerful enough to challenge their Master.
Post edited September 13, 2021 by Xelveki
New class idea: Ward Master

Ward Master focus on protecting himself and his allies with protective barrier while also countering opponents abilities.

Abilities:
-Spell: arcane spell casting until 6th level spell
-Ward: spell like abilities that can be used at will like hex
Ward example:
Simple Ward: +2 to AC on target for one round. Can be used at will.
Barrier: increasing AC for round/level, increase in number of AC as gaining level. Can't be used on the same target again in 24 hours.
Ward of Saving Throw: increasing fortitude, reflex or will save. On successful save can't be used on the same save on that ally again in 24 hours.
Ward of Protection: gain DR again slash, pierce, or bludgeoning damage which last until some damage threshold is reached which increase as gained level.
Ward of Resistance: same as ward of protection but for energy resistance
-Revamp point: Ward Master gain point equal to his intelligent modifier + 1 per 2 level to add properties to his ward.
Revamp example:
Energy Blast: creature that attack warded ally with melee weapon are subjected to energy damage of choice with reflex save to half damage
Durability: increase the duration of the ward
Mind Shock: enemies that attack or target warded ally with spell or weapon need to make a successful Will saving throw or be confused for one round
Smelly: enemies that attack warded creature need to make a successful Fortitude saving throw or be nauseated for one round
New race idea: Spiritwalker

Spiritwalker are people of any race that have their soul incompletely fused with their body, they are people that almost can be considered dead if not for their strong will to stay alive. Someone can become Spritwalker because of some necromancy ritual, incomplete resurrection, or because they are wandered to places that mortal isn't mean to.

Ability score modifiers: +2 to wisdom and charisma, -2 to constitution
Abilities:
-Darkvision: Spiritwalker can see in the dark up to 60 feet
-Detect life: Spiritwalker can use detect life spell once per day
-Shade away: Spiritwalker can become incorporeal for 3 round per day gaining undead creature type and incorporeal subtype, Spiritwalker can shade away more than 3 round per day but need a successful will save or take 1d3 constitution damage per turn.
A class I'd love to see is an Elementalist who's style depends on their race.

For example if you choose dwarf/orc it would be an Elemental Warrior which gets buffs and attacking enhancements from the elements. An elf would potentially be a ranger type elementalist and a human maybe a cleric/battlemage type.

I'd love this class to have the ability to cause weather types that they can use to their party's advantage. Like cause a rainstorm to wet the opponents to make freeze spells more effective or even shock spells.

In terms of backstory, I think this could be a unique type of warrior where the traits have been passed down through ancestors and so only a few beings in the pathfinder universe have the ability to control the elements. Sorry if my lore is a little off, I've never played a pathfinder game- but I'd like to!
There are so many posts and ideas, it is unlikely that some have not already been suggested.

My idea will be humane like raccoon. With enhancing night vision and high mobility at night, skilled with a weapon.
The politician. As it speaks it causes dissent within a party impacting buffs and the like.
It incites a rabbel of the voting populace to take arms against you.
If you make your way to take it head on it runs away, politicians are rarely held accountable for their actions.
Diplomat

Can choose to ignore an unfavorable roll once in a while or erase an entire event from a game history.
Wears a disguise to infiltrate enemy territory.
When detected has ability to vanish without a trace.
Sees through deception and illusions.
Uses perception to study NPCs and write notes. Notes can be turned into compromising materials or scrolls that grant bonus rolls againts marked individuals.
Subverts whole factions by manipulating emotions, relationships and hierarchies.
Steals and plants items on enemies.
Spreads debuffing gossip and sows seeds of discord, so enemies are unable to call for reinforcements.
Starts infights among enemies.
Etiquette and street smarts help with charisma checks.
Gets unique conversation options due to high social skills, for example, can talk a NPC into nonexistence.
Converts NPCs into pawns using compromising materials, bribes or other character flaws. Pawns help achieve player's goals using their skills, items or knowledge.
Proficient in herbalism.
Starts with a high quality dagger and bonus gold.
Androids would be an awesome race. I'm mostly taking the idea from the Book of Heroic Races, but the idea of these bodies that never deteriorate and instead a soul will eventually willingly leave the husk and a new soul will take its place is very compelling. I would sidestep the "identical to human" part and make them a lot more robotic or golem-like, and perhaps there is a community of androids that raise new-spirits from previous bodies.

This could be a neat campaign thing in Pathfinder, where maybe certain older people will recognize your face but not your identity.

I assume someone else already mentioned Androids, but I think that's a cool race.
Ever since I first saw them in Warcraft III and Diablo III, I've been in love with both iterations of the Demon Hunter class. I'd love to see this type of class, an agile warrior that strikes from the shadows and taps into demonic energy for power.
Race: Sarkorian Death Worm

Information
These were once normal Death Worms from the Sarkorian steppe. Until an old mage Karegan tried to find a cure for his aging. Despite their name these are not so dangerous even if they can use acid usually to soften up the corpses they feed on. He has chosen these worms as test subjects for their ability to never die of old age due to their adept regeneration. Each year he tried different approaches, but ultimately failed to solve the problem of his own aging in time.

One day when he felt the end is near, he used up all his power and knowledge and tried the last experiment. His body was too weak for the spell to succeed. But the worms started to change, they became conscious and easily escaped from their boxes. Surprisingly they even became able to control the bodies from the inside and slowly absorb the dead’s memories and personality.

Nowadays each has their own body they prefer and keeps it intact with their own regeneration. Only leave it if hurt too much or feeding from other corpses.

Appearance

When the body is fresh, there is little to no sign of a worm controlling it, they can still talk and act like a normally. Over time the body slowly becomes more grayish and skin becomes tougher and emits a sweet aroma, but they still need to eat,drink and breath.
Outside of bodies the worms are about 1 to 2m long and about 4cm wide. The color is red as the blood of their hosts.

Ability Score: varies on host race and -2 int +2 con +2 wis -2cha

Race Traits
-Acid Split: splits acid over a few meters , this is a very potent acid vs flesh and bones
-Host swap: launches out from its primary host and jumps into a dead, controlling it for a short time , while feeding healing itself up
-Bad sight: -2 to Perception checks
Attachments:
worm.jpg (216 Kb)