It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
WeirdoGeek: (This is a response to Time4Tea's answer to TheDcoder's Devotion question. I'd quote but GOG chokes whenever I try.)
You likely posted too much text or messed up the brackets.
(that will also cause a post to not go through...even if the brackets are fixed)

WeirdoGeek: The only time Steam ever pulls games off their storefront, it's because the developers requested it and not because a bunch of trolls flooded their inbox.
A head's up and some info: iirc steam has pulled games for other reasons(like adult content)....and also i've heard that steam is working with the CCP to make a steam version just for chinese users.
Post edited January 22, 2021 by GamezRanker
GamezRanker: Because stores try/want to make profit, and one way is by promoting their own goods and services.....many stores including non game stores do this.

(of course i'd like to see non-galaxy users also shown some good/fair treatment as well)
How does just promoting Galaxy get them more profits than giving the game away to all users?
GamezRanker: Because stores try/want to make profit, and one way is by promoting their own goods and services.....many stores including non game stores do this.

(of course i'd like to see non-galaxy users also shown some good/fair treatment as well)
HappyPunkPotato: How does just promoting Galaxy get them more profits than giving the game away to all users?
Exactly. It's hard to see a good motive for GOG wanting to push Galaxy so hard, unless it's to try to shift everyone to Galaxy because they plan to do away with the offline installers. Increasing profits doesn't seem to explain it.
low rated
HappyPunkPotato: How does just promoting Galaxy get them more profits than giving the game away to all users?
Because most people use galaxy and they want to appeal to them and get more people to use galaxy?

Also they gave the game away to non-galaxy users many more times than to just galaxy users....as such, to me, one time for just galaxy users is fine.

=-=-=

Time4Tea: Exactly. It's hard to see a good motive for GOG wanting to push Galaxy so hard, unless it's to try to shift everyone to Galaxy because they plan to do away with the offline installers.
But why would GOG(beyond maybe not needing to do the work to make the offline installers) bother getting rid of such installers and push everyone to galaxy if most go to galaxy willingly anyways?
Post edited January 23, 2021 by GamezRanker
low rated
Time4Tea: Exactly. It's hard to see a good motive for GOG wanting to push Galaxy so hard, unless it's to try to shift everyone to Galaxy because they plan to do away with the offline installers. Increasing profits doesn't seem to explain it.
They are pushing the Galaxy launcher. So, they have a plan to do away the offline installers. And that is all??

A preventive boycot conspiracy based?

Sorry but I am not to be a puppet of this shit ever. And I am going to boycot it If I can.
Gudadantza: If Devotion is someday available in GOG I am to boycot it.

I have seen a lot of idiocy in my life but this is incredible.
I'm having a bit of trouble following. Do you mean UNTIL Devotion is released, you're boycotting them?
I am sympathetic but not quite ready to boycott, which is giving up on GoG.
No one likes to be threatened with ultimatums.
I don't respond well to them and generally reject them.

If and when I decide to boycott a company, which I have done with Good Year, Doordash, Grubhub, because of their support for a certain domestic terrorist organization and their misguided social policies, then I am done with them forever.
Post edited January 23, 2021 by Jorev
low rated
Gudadantza: If Devotion is someday available in GOG I am to boycot it.

I have seen a lot of idiocy in my life but this is incredible.
WeirdoGeek: I'm having a bit of trouble following. Do you mean UNTIL Devotion is released, you're boycotting them?
What I am going to boycott are the lies, the manipulation. and the damn alternative facts that all this shit is trying to make standard, spammining evey day in this topic.

This is just a snowball based in vagueness and subjective mediocre opinions. I have more than 650 games in GOG and any of them are DRM.
Every boycotter here have his/her reasons (GOG do not talk to me, buah, GOG is DRM, GOG is going to be DRM, GOG is Chinese...) It is an insult to the common sense.

I promised myself not to write a word in this topic but this is here every day spammed, and sorry I am guilty now. It wont happen
Time4Tea: Exactly. It's hard to see a good motive for GOG wanting to push Galaxy so hard, unless it's to try to shift everyone to Galaxy because they plan to do away with the offline installers. Increasing profits doesn't seem to explain it.
Gudadantza: They are pushing the Galaxy launcher. So, they have a plan to do away the offline installers. And that is all??

Sorry but I am not to be a puppet of this shit ever. And I am going to boycot it If I can.
There is no evidence nor proof that GOG has any intent on removing offline installers.
low rated
Gudadantza: They are pushing the Galaxy launcher. So, they have a plan to do away the offline installers. And that is all??

wolfsite: There is no evidence nor proof that GOG has any intent on removing offline installers.
Yes, and now our games are DRM free with or without Galaxy and nobody knows what those people are talking about with their Philosophical fundamentalist DRM concepts, or their reductions to the absurd of things, or when they make the exception the rule. It is like pissing in the pure logic.

Well whatever. Greetings.

EDIT: Obviously I am reffering to the boycott people. I have noticed that irony and sarcasm are lost in translation a lot of times.
Post edited January 23, 2021 by Gudadantza

wolfsite: There is no evidence nor proof that GOG has any intent on removing offline installers.
There exists significant proof that GOG no longer maintain offline installers to the same degree as the Galaxy equivalents.
low rated
lazydog: There exists significant proof that GOG no longer maintain offline installers to the same degree as the Galaxy equivalents.
And it is going to be forever? Obviously painfull exceptions exists.

Honestly I do not know. Sometimes the key is to open a ticket or make the problem visible.

Or even in Galaxy wait or purchase the steam version. It will be always faster in a lot of games. The "Right now" culture has been alway problematic here. Read the last refreshed update changes in a newly patched game use to be a lost war in GOG for now.
Post edited January 23, 2021 by Gudadantza
low rated

There exists significant proof that GOG no longer maintain offline installers to the same degree as the Galaxy equivalents.
True, but unlike what some say...this does not prove GOG is or isn't going to drop offline installers.

(Of course, it all fits in with the general world trend of more and more seemingly assuming the worst or the negative more than the positive these days)
high rated
Time4Tea: Exactly. It's hard to see a good motive for GOG wanting to push Galaxy so hard, unless it's to try to shift everyone to Galaxy because they plan to do away with the offline installers.
GamezRanker: But why would GOG(beyond maybe not needing to do the work to make the offline installers) bother getting rid of such installers and push everyone to galaxy if most go to galaxy willingly anyways?
Well, exactly that. The offline installers represent an overhead that GOG would rather do without. If a larger percentage were using Galaxy, they would have a stronger case to get rid of the installers. There seems to be a fairly clear financial motive to get rid of them.

I would flip your question around and ask: If most are going to Galaxy willing anyway, why the need to push it so heavily?

It's not a conspiracy theory. I have a concern that GOG is moving in the direction of doing away with the installers, based on their continual heavy pushing of Galaxy and the continued lack of maintenence of the installers. To me, those things seem to be pointing in a certain direction, but you are free to draw your own conclusions.

Look, I respect your opinion and if you don't agree with the boycott, that's totally fair enough. But, I don't think you have any business telling others what they can and can't talk about. If you don't like the topic of the thread, don't take part.
Post edited January 23, 2021 by Time4Tea
Still cotting that boy, sort of.