It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Time4Tea: Yeah, absolutely. Their offline installers for the games they have seem to be every bit as good as GOG's. My hard drive doesn't care whether they come from GOG or Zoom Platform ...
GamezRanker: Now i'm beginning to wonder how many "I don't trust this gog thing" people there were back when they started.
(I assume there were some...of course as I didn't sign on until 2010 I wasn't here to see the initial reactions to the site/company, but I assume there were some saying the same things about gog that people are saying about zoom now)
Oh, I'm sure there were people lining up to ridicule it compared to Steam. Everyone has to start somewhere.

(first post is current to post #586)
Post edited January 18, 2021 by Time4Tea
low rated
Time4Tea: Oh, I'm sure there were people lining up to ridicule it compared to Steam. Everyone has to start somewhere.
Well I was talking more about mistrust of Gog back then, but yeah i'm sure that happened too.

Anyhoo, (mainly for others reading this later) what I was trying to get at is the fact that the only way zoom and others will take off is if more people trust them and use them(and research them first for peace of mind, if need be)....and also that MORE drm free alternatives are better than just one.

(edit: also that people shouldn't become too attached to a single store/company too much, as they seem to more often than not usually become worse in various ways over time)
Post edited January 18, 2021 by GamezRanker
high rated
Yeah add me to the list too bro.
low rated
Is Zoom legit? Looks like they sell some game's not even for sale anymore.
low rated
Breja: You mean the library of offline installers you can safely back up and that's the whole point? I think you'll be fine.
Elmofongo: Do you think I can download all 600 games and have the space for it? Especially with some of them coming in more then 50 GB in size?

Gonna have to buy at least 5 external hardrives with 500 GB inside
I have over 1000 games backup on 4 different HD each. So I have 4 backup copies of all my games.
Post edited January 18, 2021 by SuperLibby72
Time4Tea: Yeah, absolutely. Their offline installers for the games they have seem to be every bit as good as GOG's. My hard drive doesn't care whether they come from GOG or Zoom Platform ...
Hey, Tea. are all the games on Zoom DRM-free? I can't seem to find anything indicating any level of DRM, so I'm assuming they're all DR-free. Is this correct?

I have over 1000 games back up on 4 different HD each. So I have 4 back copies of my games.
I think you've triggered amok!
low rated
i dont boycot gog, i just buy more gog shit
low rated
SuperLibby72: Is Zoom legit? Looks like they sell some game's not even for sale anymore.
A few here have contacted rights holders and the company/site itself. Seeing as the games are still up, and based on the responses they received back, it is very likely it is legit.

(for example, they negotiated a more or less lifetime license for Duke Nukem 3D, which is why that site can still sell it)

SuperLibby72: I have over 1000 games backup on 4 different HD each. So I have 4 backup copies of all my games.
Just in case you weren't aware, that's likely more games than you can play in your life time.....I do hope you bought some life extension DLC(drm free, of course) as well. :)
low rated
My question is what happens when Zoom Bends the knee? Why support another store? Why not Pirate?
low rated
TerriblePurpose: Hey, Tea. are all the games on Zoom DRM-free? I can't seem to find anything indicating any level of DRM, so I'm assuming they're all DR-free. Is this correct?
I have several games and they are all DRM free....and from talking to others(some of whom talked to the site staff/etc) the answer appears to be yes.

Sidenote: I love the installers...they run like GOG ones, but a bit more "streamlined".
(for one thing there is no client integration like with gog's offline installers)

=-=-=-=

SuperLibby72: My question is what happens when Zoom Bends the knee? Why support another store? Why not Pirate?
Some people want to be on the "right" side, morally and/or legally speaking....by buying legal copies.
(this is a good thing for people to want to do, imo)

Also usually buying such copies entitles one to things like support from the store and possible future fixes for new OSs and etc.
low rated
SuperLibby72: Is Zoom legit? Looks like they sell some game's not even for sale anymore.
GamezRanker: A few here have contacted rights holders and the company/site itself. Seeing as the games are still up, and based on the responses they received back, it is very likely it is legit.

(for example, they negotiated a more or less lifetime license for Duke Nukem 3D, which is why that site can still sell it)

SuperLibby72: I have over 1000 games backup on 4 different HD each. So I have 4 backup copies of all my games.
GamezRanker: Just in case you weren't aware, that's likely more games than you can play in your life time.....I do hope you bought some life extension DLC(drm free, of course) as well. :)
Thank you for the reply I might buy Grid now. I also have all my console games rip and back up on HDs. Ha-ha
low rated
SuperLibby72: Thank you for the reply I might buy Grid now. I also have all my console games rip and back up on HDs. Ha-ha
Best of luck to ya.

Btw a head's up: The last time I checked they only took paypal...though they might take cards now as well. Also, they didn't allow gifting the last time I checked either....though I hear tell they will soon(ish) be adding new stuff and functionality to the site/store there in the future.
low rated
SuperLibby72: Thank you for the reply I might buy Grid now. I also have all my console games rip and back up on HDs. Ha-ha
GamezRanker: Best of luck to ya.

Btw a head's up: The last time I checked they only took paypal...though they might take cards now as well. Also, they didn't allow gifting the last time I checked either....though I hear tell they will soon(ish) be adding new stuff and functionality to the site/store there in the future.
I will report back, but I see they have order of war. This game is not for sell and never seen it DRM free,
low rated
SuperLibby72: I will report back, but I see they have order of war. This game is not for sell and never seen it DRM free,
If you like ancient Egyptian themes and the classic resident evil style gameplay I recommend Curse: Eye of Isis.
(steam also has it but it's not DRM free afaik)