It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Magnitus: But for me, the lowest point was around the time of the Hitman fiasco. I think overall, things have improved since then (starting with how they ultimately handled that situation).
so not at all, the situation is still unresolved and will stay like that until they publish proper explanation how that was allowed to happen and what countermeasures they applied to prevent mistakes like that from happening ever again
zakius: so not at all, the situation is still unresolved and will stay like that until they publish proper explanation how that was allowed to happen and what countermeasures they applied to prevent mistakes like that from happening ever again
I don't think you can expect such a degree of transparency from most entities, public or private. Maybe internally if even that, but certainly not externally.

Take IT operations for example which is probably one of the most siloed professions there is. The industry talks a great deal about gitops, but most places will probably be nowhere near that amount of internal transparency for decades if ever. Only reason most of our stuff is gitoped is because I designed most of our operations from scratch and I had a great deal of latitude about it. It certainly wouldn't have flown in any of the shops I was in before. They would have dismissed it as unimportant.

I think too much transparency seems to go against the grain of human nature and our ego. I certainly wouldn't hold GOG to standards the overwhelming majority of organizations (including our own governments) cannot adhere to.

I'd like us to better, but we really aren't.
Post edited 4 hours ago by Magnitus