It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
richlind33: The only way that's going to happen is if you can exert enough pressure to cancel out whatever benefits GOG expects to receive from doing business with China.
GamezRanker: Speaking of: I wonder what impact (if any) that country's recent gaming policies have had on Gog sales
Good question. Fronz might know something, or where to find out.
low rated
Krogan32: The problem with that thought is that Mulder almost always had some form of evidence that pointed him towards the truth. nightcraw1er.488 has absolutely zero evidence that GoG is using alts to downvote posts, but he spouts it anyways. That is why he should be mocked for his ludicrous statement.
richlind33: He made no mention of alts, which illustrates what a ludicrously lousy troll you are.
For correctness, I post the full line (as it’s nice and easy to sunset what is posted for your own purpose) with a typo corrected (elsewhere to elsewise):
“ Also, the downvote bots (gog owned or elsewise) simply downvote anything not liked and it apparently gets hidden for most users (or like this thread people jump in and deliberately try to derail any criticism).”

For fullness, I do not need to provide evidence, it’s clearly on view in this thread here, where every post regardless of content is downvoted almost immediately. It’s also clear from the many other threads and specific users this happens to.

What is also clearly happening here is deliberate attempts to derail the thread (and others). If the moderators were following their own code of conduct, action should have been taken pages back.
Post edited January 27, 2022 by nightcraw1er.488
low rated
GamezRanker: Speaking of: I wonder what impact (if any) that country's recent gaming policies have had on Gog sales
richlind33: Good question. Fronz might know something, or where to find out.
You rang, sir?

Funny you should mention it, I just read your earlier post (about the boycott being a success if gog were to relist Devotion) and it really made me wonder when (if?) Steam is going to relist Devotion, now that the international storefront has apparently been officially banned in China.

edit: Oh, as for the recent policies, they seem to be mostly pretty based stuff, like cracking down on lootboxes. Singleplayer games (which are gog's bread and butter) are unaffected by this.Steam getting firewall'd has nothing to do with any recent policies, it's simply the result of the intl. Steam storefront selling games that haven't been officially given a loicense for sale in China. Gog can and may be blocked at any point for doing the exact same thing. Releasing Devotion simply would've painted more of a bulls eye on them. But not releasing it doesn't solve the underlying problem either - they could get banned at any time. Also note how, in order to make an "official" Chinese storefront, you are required to partner up with a Chinese company. I wonder whether the Epic Store link on Galaxy is the result of some backdoor deal gog have going on with Tencent in an effort to gain "legitimacy" on the Chinese market. Though I doubt that this is the case.
Post edited January 27, 2022 by fronzelneekburm
low rated
richlind33: He made no mention of alts, which illustrates what a ludicrously lousy troll you are.
nightcraw1er.488: For correctness, I post the full line (as it’s nice and easy to sunset what is posted for your own purpose) with a typo corrected (elsewhere to elsewise):
“ Also, the downvote bots (gog owned ... For fullness, I do not need to provide evidence, it’s clearly on view in this thread here, where every post regardless of content is downvoted almost immediately. It’s also clear from the many other threads and specific users this happens to.
Ahh, the mind of a conspiracy theorist. "I know it's real therefore I don't need evidence that it's real." If this was any other company's forum, you would've been punished for spreading those lies.
low rated
Krogan32: Ahh, the mind of a conspiracy theorist. "I know it's real therefore I don't need evidence that it's real." If this was any other company's forum, you would've been punished for spreading those lies.
For all of Krogan's bullshit he has a point here. Why would GOG downvote your posts when they could quietly make you go away? This is butthurt GOG fanboys downvoting this thread with bots, not GOG themselves.
low rated
Krogan32: Ahh, the mind of a conspiracy theorist. "I know it's real therefore I don't need evidence that it's real." If this was any other company's forum, you would've been punished for spreading those lies.
paladin181: For all of Krogan's bullshit he has a point here. Why would GOG downvote your posts when they could quietly make you go away? This is butthurt GOG fanboys downvoting this thread with bots, not GOG themselves.
I would say it's not only GoG fans that are using downvoting bots. I've seen many positive GoG posts that are downvoted to hell. At this point, GoG needs to just remove the whole rep system as it's completely useless.
low rated
Not only boy coating is absolutely disgusting, but it pretty sure is illegal too.
Leave the door open, SWCAT team is on the way.
Attachments:
boycoated.jpg (256 Kb)
Post edited January 27, 2022 by ༻Le chat qui joue༺
low rated
paladin181: For all of Krogan's bullshit he has a point here. Why would GOG downvote your posts when they could quietly make you go away? This is butthurt GOG fanboys downvoting this thread with bots, not GOG themselves.
I didn’t say it was GOG. My post has twice been snipped to show what the poster wants to represent. I stated:
Also, the downvote bots (gog owned or elsewise)
So wether it is users running scripts, bots from some other company, target attacks, or even it could be gogs own code (they do own the forum and seem to be “unable” to do anything about it), it’s clear there is an issue here and with the information the other day that new users do not see downvoted content, this does raise questions which again, GOG have not answered. As I stated in another post, we should be able to see what users up or downvoted and give the option to add a comment as to why it was voted either way, this would easily highlight the above issues. But it’s just another point on a sadly very long list (and growing with the inclusion of no support) of issues with the site currently.
low rated
nightcraw1er.488: I didn’t say it was GOG. My post has twice been snipped to show what the poster wants to represent. I stated:
Also, the downvote bots (gog owned)
Yet, you literally claimed that some of the downvote bots are gog owned. You can't lie yourself out of the hole that you dug yourself in.
low rated
Like Krogan? lol

That's plausible, but so is the possibility that it's one or more GOG employees using scripts.

richlind33: Good question. Fronz might know something, or where to find out.
fronzelneekburm: You rang, sir?

Funny you should mention it, I just read your earlier post (about the boycott being a success if gog were to relist Devotion) and it really made me wonder when (if?) Steam is going to relist Devotion, now that the international storefront has apparently been officially banned in China.

edit: Oh, as for the recent policies, they seem to be mostly pretty based stuff, like cracking down on lootboxes. Singleplayer games (which are gog's bread and butter) are unaffected by this.Steam getting firewall'd has nothing to do with any recent policies, it's simply the result of the intl. Steam storefront selling games that haven't been officially given a loicense for sale in China. Gog can and may be blocked at any point for doing the exact same thing. Releasing Devotion simply would've painted more of a bulls eye on them. But not releasing it doesn't solve the underlying problem either - they could get banned at any time. Also note how, in order to make an "official" Chinese storefront, you are required to partner up with a Chinese company. I wonder whether the Epic Store link on Galaxy is the result of some backdoor deal gog have going on with Tencent in an effort to gain "legitimacy" on the Chinese market. Though I doubt that this is the case.
Didn't the CCP restrict children to 1 hour of social media/gaming per day? How much gaming does the average adult do in China?
Post edited January 27, 2022 by richlind33
low rated
richlind33: Didn't the CCP restrict children to 1 hour of social media/gaming per day?
I am not intimately familiar with this regulation. It's possible they passed a regulation like that, but again, this would exclusively affect multiplayer titles. A rule like that would be pretty much unenforceable for singleplayer titles (unless, say, they have some sort of always online DRM that locks you out of your game after 1 hour of play time).

richlind33: How much gaming does the average adult do in China?
None of the people I met would qualify as "hardcore gamers" by any stretch of the imagination, so I have next to no anecdotal evidence here. I'd say most adults limit themselves to playing on their smartphones. I never saw anyone play a game on a PC here (however, I didn't go out of my way to find people who do, either). I once saw a group of elementary school-age kids play PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds on their smartphones, that was basically the pinnacle of what I saw in China, gaming wise. I also once talked to a guy who worked at a company making mobile games who was hoping to break into the PC gaming market. When I asked him why he'd want to leave the mobile market and how that would seem counterintuitive in a mobile-dominated market like China, he replied that mobile gaming is a dead end: As soon as your app reaches a certain level of success, you're bought up by Tencent.

There you go. Like my old teacher said: "That doesn't answer my question, but it's valuable information nonetheless."
low rated
gog has again expressed their commitment to drm free gaming, so boycotting the only store that protects consumer ownership rights isn't productive at all.
low rated
Slick_JMista: gog has again expressed their commitment to drm free gaming, so boycotting the only store that protects consumer ownership rights isn't productive at all.
Actions speak louder than words. Say, has the Galaxy requirement for certain cosmetic items in Cyberpunk 2077 been removed yet? At this point, over a year after release, this would be nothing more than a token gesture. But it hasn't happened. If they can't even 100% commit to their core values when it comes to the game their own sister company put out, how can I expect them to commit to their core values when it comes to other companies' games?
low rated
Slick_JMista: gog has again expressed their commitment to drm free gaming, so boycotting the only store that protects consumer ownership rights isn't productive at all.
Remember, they're still buying games from GoG while "boycotting" GoG.
low rated
Krogan32: Remember, they're still buying games from GoG while "boycotting" GoG.
And you seem to be the only one really bothered by it. What real business is it of yours, how, why or in what way each individual chooses to conduct the way they carry out their boycott, whether it's your's, mine or the dictionary's definition of 'Boycott', it's still none of your business, and continuing to repeat those same words over, and over, won't change that.