It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
Time4Tea: I would like to announce that I have decided to boycott GOG for 2021.
you can add my name to the list for a full-blown boycott.
low rated
springtoiffel: you can add my name to the list for a full-blown boycott.
So, how many games should GoG put you down for this year since you are following a person who admitted that he's buying games while "boycotting" GoG? Over or under 5?
low rated
Welcome.

You can safely ignore Krogan32's misguided crusade against this thread and its OP. This is a community-driven thread and we aren't "following" anyone, nor has there been any inconsistency in Time4Tea's stated manner of protest since the early beginnings of this thread.
low rated
Krogan32: So, how many games should GoG put you down for this year since you are following a person who admitted that he's buying games while "boycotting" GoG? Over or under 5?
I'm not following anyone, but me.
I'm just asking him to put my name on the list, so the gog staff sees one more addition to the ever growing list of boycotters.

how many games am I going to buy while boycotting? as of january the 18th 2022 I've got 1349 games. you can check back on my profile in one year. chances are, there will be 1348 games, since I'm actually thinking about refunding one I bought in the winter sale.
low rated
Krogan32: So, how many games should GoG put you down for this year since you are following a person who admitted that he's buying games while "boycotting" GoG? Over or under 5?
springtoiffel: I'm not following anyone, but me.
I'm just asking him to put my name on the list, so the gog staff sees one more addition to the ever growing list of boycotters.
Which means you are following the OP as you are subscribed to his ideology. So, again, how many games should GoG put you down for in 2022?
low rated
805 Games in Library, didn't spent a cent since 2017.
Add me to the list... i simply return from time to time to watch the shitshow.. Hitman 2016 is hilarious.
Post edited January 18, 2022 by Executer
low rated
I like how I get Captcha now - everytime I am going to log in. It never happened to me (as far as I can remember) before I started to speak out on this forum to call out the serious issues (I still can't get an answer for or to solve). I am having this service for ages and using it very often (humanly - to download installers and stuff). So, there is no significant change in the usage on my side and I have a history of talking with the support myself. I never changed my e-mail.

Also it forces you to turn down your privacy/protection shields in some cases. If you are able to predict the issue at all and you realize you have to do that to even log in (even if it never happened and you don't expect that). Because many times it completely becomes invisible if you generally block being spied on and have some protection you actually trust yourself.

Is there even a single person that agrees to Captcha use? I met people that were literally blocked by Captcha, because of physical issues with it (sight, probably even reflexes). Or because it was impossible to work with (pictures/whatever not compatible with the check system itself).

To me it sometimes feels like a "gotcha" tool than "Captcha" tool. Actually, the original name is not bad. :D

One of those many tools with dubious existence that is one of the most easily justifiable, but very handy for a possible misuse, especially if it also manages people to open a hole in their privacy and protection by forcing them to use that.

It seems to me weird that there is "nothing better"... or it's needed at all, because there is so much other protections on many levels against stuff that is advertised that Captcha is used for.

I don't believe this system is not being bumped up against specific people. And even if not, I don't believe it should be used.

Isn't that a relic that should be just written off for a benefit at this point and to actually close security privacy/holes it itself creates on the side of the user? Something that really bothers me too here, since I spoke out. It doesn't even feel like an "organic" response from the system in my case. And if it is, it means it's a very.. very poor tool just creating more issues from the every single point of view I can look at it. Even the one it is "advertised" for, which is just outaded (my opinion) and doesn't support the purpose of security with the whole picture included.

Btw, spam bots are here anyway. :D So, what is it actually used for?
Post edited January 19, 2022 by Ramor_
low rated
I've been meaning to post in here I lapsed my participation.

I bought a couple end of year gifts, and small items (Isaac + Cave Story) that I didn't log. I'm still *mostly* purchasing a heck of a lot less than I was. But I can no longer point to this specifically since it's clear my general spending patterns changed as a result of conscious effort after GOG's failure to address concerns.

I also had planned to say, "eh, whatever, not worth remaining as list and drop me to just supporter since I'm clearly not a total boycotter"... But the moderation here has gotten worse and worse in months. I keep getting targeted for ridiculous things (like using the proverb "a fool and his money are soon parted" in response to someone wondering if they might have a chance of losing access to their Blizzard rentals after the Microsoft acquisition finalizes). While other outright anti-human, hostile-to-everything, always-trolling posters (I won't name names, but I also don't speak Magyar to know if the name has some meaning to it either) continue to pollute the forums everywhere with their incessant toxicity.

So I guess I'll just continue mostly focusing on what I have with the more-sparing-than-previously purchases. I can't make effort to do per-item logs (especially in the negative) anymore however. GOG continues not to explain what happened with Hitman or make efforts to fix things where they can (like tackling the DRM that is on here), and I guess I can add subpar moderation [which is part of their general poor communications] to the pile I didn't have stacked up before.

ALSO "hi" to the moderators who surely are following me closely because I've called them out on their pro-DRM crap before.
Post edited January 19, 2022 by mqstout
low rated
mqstout: I've been meaning to post in here I lapsed my participation.

I bought a couple end of year gifts, and small items (Isaac + Cave Story) that I didn't log. I'm still *mostly* purchasing a heck of a lot less than I was. But I can no longer point to this specifically since it's clear my general spending patterns changed as a result of conscious effort after GOG's failure to address concerns.

I also had planned to say, "eh, whatever, not worth remaining as list and drop me to just supporter since I'm clearly not a total boycotter"... But the moderation here has gotten worse and worse in months. I keep getting targeted for ridiculous things (like using the proverb "a fool and his money are soon parted" in response to someone wondering if they might have a chance of losing access to their Blizzard rentals after the Microsoft acquisition finalizes). While other outright anti-human, hostile-to-everything, always-trolling posters (I won't name names, but I also don't speak Magyar to know if the name has some meaning to it either) continue to pollute the forums everywhere with their incessant toxicity.

So I guess I'll just continue mostly focusing on what I have with the more-sparing-than-previously purchases. I can't make effort to do per-item logs (especially in the negative) anymore however. GOG continues not to explain what happened with Hitman or make efforts to fix things where they can (like tackling the DRM that is on here), and I guess I can add subpar moderation [which is part of their general poor communications] to the pile I didn't have stacked up before.

ALSO "hi" to the moderators who surely are following me closely because I've called them out on their pro-DRM crap before.
Yeah they tend to do that; had the target on me a while back.
My 'friends account' however had found 'a solution'.
The fact of the matter is true moderation takes time and effort, they can't follow everyone and if you work under the premise that whatever topic is not buried a screen of general forums in won't get much facetime, you can work to either bury or obfuscate.
I suggest applying some simile` into binary as a messaging cross reference with a decoding step alluded to.
It will take them precious brain time and effort and that will hamper their efforts exponentially with the people doing it; and with a 'friends account' having tried it; you can gauge the ineffectiveness of moderation to properly adapt.
You see for your fool and his money statement you could of wrote unintellectual capital bifurcation; put it into binary as "01110101 01101110 01101001 01101110 01110100 01100101 01101100 01101100 01100101 01100011 01110100 01110101 01100001 01101100 00100000 01100011 01100001 01110000 01101001 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01100010 01101001 01100110 01110101 01110010 01100011 01100001 01110100 01101001 01101111 01101110"; then enhance it by encrypting with the decoder ring style 'bephabet' suggestion.
So it would then be "01110110 01101111 01101010 01101111 01110101 01100110 01101101 01101101 01100110 01100100 01110101 01110110 01100010 01101101 00100000 01100100 01100010 01110001 01101010 01110101 01100010 01101101 00100000 01100011 01101010 01100111 01110110 01110011 01100100 01100010 01110101 01101010 01110000 01101111".
So people would use a standard google binary translator to get "vojoufmmfduvbm dbqjubm cjgvsdbujpo" figure out it has been alphabet shifted by one letter anduse (https://www.boxentriq.com/code-breaking/caesar-cipher) as an example to get the prior message 'unintellectual capital bifurcation'; which with some simple mental hoops is dumb money parting or a fool and his money are soon parted.
Remember only you can prevent '01111010 01110100 01110011 01100111 01101110 01110001 01101000 01110011 01111000 00100000 01100010 01100100 01101101 01110010 01101110 01110001 01110010 01100111 01101000 01101111'
in 3 weeks and 4 days.
low rated
rjbuffchix: I almost spit out my drink at "(FALSE ALARM!)".
I also had a slight chuckle when reading that(it would've been more, but I used my big laughter energy on some net posts beforehand, so t'was to be expected).

=-=-=-=

richlind33: So there ya go, GOG: stop pretending you're not a giant bumhole, and fix your customer service -- or don't.
And that gets yet another chuckle....thanks for that, fren.
Post edited January 20, 2022 by GamezRanker
low rated
Executer: 805 Games in Library, didn't spent a cent since 2017.
Dang, that's a lot of games. Are you buying games anywhere else or just playing through your massive backlog?
low rated
Executer: 805 Games in Library, didn't spent a cent since 2017.
Add me to the list... i simply return from time to time to watch the shitshow.. Hitman 2016 is hilarious.
Done. We're glad to have you both on board! :-D

I have also just updated the first post. Firstly, I have added the following update at the beginning:
Time4Tea: Update 1/20/2022:

Having boycotted GOG successfully for a year and given there have been few signs of improvement, nor any signs of GOG seriously addressing most of the listed grievances, we have decided to continue the boycott through 2022. Following a vote in December by people who had signed up on the list, it was decided that the title of the thread would change, to reflect the continuing timeframe of the protest. The list of people from 2021 has been carried over - if anyone didn't intend to continue boycotting into 2022, please let me know and I will happily remove your name from the list.

Also, to clarify some confusion that has arisen recently: we are using a more flexible and permissive interpretation of the term 'boycott' and are considering anyone who is significantly reducing their spending to be boycotting. No, we are not going to tell the person who was spending $1000 per year and is reducing by 80% that they can't be on the list ;-)
I have also added the link to the list of games where the offline version is behind the Galaxy version here:
Time4Tea: 8) Assign adequate resources to maintenance of the offline installers. There is a list of games available here, where the offline installer version is behind the Galaxy version (some of these entries go back to 2020).
Also, one thing I noticed whilst re-reading the post was the following:
Time4Tea: People who are boycotting, to whatever degree they're comfortable with:
1) Time4Tea
2) Lifthrasil
3) joppo
I believe that first sentence has been there from the very start.
Post edited January 20, 2022 by Time4Tea
low rated
Time4Tea: I believe that first sentence has been there from the very start.
Yeah, i'm pretty sure it was.....also:

Time4Tea: No, we are not going to tell the person who was spending $1000 per year and is reducing by 80% that they can't be on the list ;-)
This bit made me smile a bit :)
(btw, sending some additional info/etc to your PM box in a bit)
Post edited January 20, 2022 by GamezRanker
low rated
Time4Tea: You can definitely add me to the list.
Btw: Thanks for this thread.
Post edited January 20, 2022 by Ramor_
low rated
Time4Tea: I believe that first sentence has been there from the very start.
GamezRanker: Yeah, i'm pretty sure it was....
Thirded. If not from the start, then at elast from VERY early on. If you ask me, that means all the attempts at semantic debates and endless grammarian games were essentially attempts to derail this thread, but this is not a comment on moderation, just an observation that we shouldn't get dismayed by other folks coming in here to pop off.