It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
Krogan32: I see that you are still salty that I factually called you out for engaging in a faux boycott. Maybe you should stick to with convictions instead of following the "I buy games while I 'boycott'."
HappyPunkPotato: Oh man, you kill me :D
You know I only bought one game (not games) and you know I've been boycotting Steam way longer than you. Is "factually" going to be your new buzz-word that you use over and over again now?
1 > 0, which means you engaged in a faux boycott. Not matter how many times you try and justify your actions, that fact still remains. Also, nice try on your deflection attempts. Unlike you, I haven't bought a single game on Steam since my boycott, which means my boycott is an actual boycott. At this point, failed deflection attempts are all you seem to have left.
Post edited January 17, 2022 by Krogan32
low rated
Krogan32: So, how many games have you bought then while engaging in a faux boycott? And, if it's "pointless" then why are you responding? Oh right... my factual statements are important enough for you to respond.
I've never engaged in a faux boycott.

As for how many games I've bought during my boycott of GOG since late 2020, none at all from GOG. One from Humble, and no others. Not that any of that should matter. I have, by the way, posted about this quite recently in this thread, but I suppose you don't read many of the posts here that aren't directly addressed to you.

I'm responding because your posts have been rather repetitive for a while now and I view them as rather spammy, so I figured I'd at least add something new to the "discussion". Your statements so far don't appear particularly "factual" to me since for the most part they've consisted of what looks like attempts to use some ridiculously far-fetched mental connections to prove that some label or other applies.
low rated
Krogan32: So, how many games have you bought then while engaging in a faux boycott? And, if it's "pointless" then why are you responding? Oh right... my factual statements are important enough for you to respond.
Hexchild: I've never engaged in a faux boycott.

As for how many games I've bought during my boycott of GOG since late 2020, none at all from GOG. One from Humble, and no others. Not that any of that should matter. I have, by the way, posted about this quite recently in this thread, but I suppose you don't read many of the posts here that aren't directly addressed to you.

I'm responding because your posts have been rather repetitive for a while now and I view them as rather spammy, so I figured I'd at least add something new to the "discussion". Your statements so far don't appear particularly "factual" to me since for the most part they've consisted of what looks like attempts to use some ridiculously far-fetched mental connections to prove that some label or other applies.
I'm sorry you are incapable of understanding facts. I'll try and help you out.

Boycott = do not purchase anything from GoG. That includes purchasing anything from another site that activates on GoG, as GoG gets a cut of that sale. If anyone does, then that is a faux (translates into fake for ones who didn't know) boycott. The OP has literally stated that he has purchased games from GoG. That means he is a faux boycotter. Anyone who remains attached to the OP's group is also admitting that they are faux boycotters as well.

I'm not against boycotts. Hell, I have quite a few of them myself (Steam, Take 2, and Paradox just to name a few). However, I dislike hypocrites, which is exactly what you faux boycotters are. So, it doesn't matter if you get triggered or not, as the fact still remains that you are all faux boycotters.
low rated
What a party crasher. :D
It comes off as spammy for sole purpose of blocking the means of this thread itself. At this point.
I agree.
low rated
@op & boycott supporters:
Say you boycott gog & steam and they shut down and all your games go poof (in my case like 1500), what then? You going to gamersgate or EPIC? Going to some sleezy joint to pirate. It ain't no skin off their nose if they close up shop. I rather like having an extra online archive of purchases. I don't give a damn about your personal butthurt issues.
low rated
It was already explained that people tend to boycott because they care and don't want that to happen.
There are multiple ways to boycott.
Some people may already left. Some dissapeared from the topic. :D Those that realized they don't like GOG at all are probably not here either...

Anyway. I, for example, want to leave (after I will be able to solve some issues with the support), I lost trust. But people even boycott the fact that GOG is not bothering to reply for months in some (seem as a lot of) cases. You know, to be even able to ask for that.

There is a whole dimension of issues to share here in this topic.
But some people want to always single out one issue to have something specific to attack, because that is why they participate. I think the picture here is a bit bigger than you may think...
Post edited January 17, 2022 by Ramor_
low rated
Krogan32: Anyone who remains attached to the OP's group is also admitting that they are faux boycotters as well.
That's completely ridiculous logic.

Krogan32: I'm not against boycotts. Hell, I have quite a few of them myself (Steam, Take 2, and Paradox just to name a few). However, I dislike hypocrites, which is exactly what you faux boycotters are. So, it doesn't matter if you get triggered or not, as the fact still remains that you are all faux boycotters.
Krogan32: 1 > 0, which means you engaged in a faux boycott. Not matter how many times you try and justify your actions, that fact still remains. Also, nice try on your deflection attempts. Unlike you, I haven't bought a single game on Steam since my boycott, which means my boycott is an actual boycott. At this point, failed deflection attempts are all you seem to have left.
Oh yeah, I forgot "deflection attempts" was one of your stock phrases. I think you're just feeling inadequate because, unlike you, I haven't bought anything on Steam in well over 10 years. You might think you're "triggering" people but in reality you're just being a bit irritating and boring. As far as I'm concerned, I've done exactly the right thing so you constantly telling me it's a "faux boycott" is totally meaningless. I'm glad you've rectified your lies that I've bought multiple games though. If you can write a post with a new angle that doesn't contain any of your favourite catchphrases I'll reply to you again.

Keighn: I don't give a damn about your personal butthurt issues.
Right back at ya!
low rated
Ramor_: Btw, what happened to the OP (and to "some" others - quite a "few" people it seems)?

Did he get banned from participating in the 'community' by those "many gamers" for his profile picture and making threads about his experiences/opinions.. or he got sick and already left this platform? :D

If you look on his profile he stopped being active here, so it can be just one of those two things.
It's.. like.. always a very sudden cut off. Some people have public profiles so you can see it and their last posts.
I'm here! I've just been very busy over the past few days and haven't had much time to post. Life's been quite busy lately, that's all :-)

Choomba696: Boycotting GoG yet you won't boycott Valve with their anti competitive practices and monopoly. Steam doesn't even let you own your games, you're pretty much renting them. But let's go against GoG, the most pro consumer storefront.
Who says they're buying from Steam?

Ancient-Red-Dragon: GOG is already losing millions of dollars. And the boycotters are a contributing factor to that. Not just the users who've posted in this thread frequently, but also everyone who is boycotting GOG without speaking up about it on a regular basis, like, for example, the many people who expressed their outrage at the onset of the Devotion debacle, and then stopped buying from GOG, and also stopped posting on the GOG forum too.

GOG is harming it's own financial interests by ignoring the concerns of the boycotters, and by neglecting and/or refusing to do anything to resolve the issues that we bring up.
I agree and I think this is a very good point. You can see from the comments on the Devotion wishlist request there are many people who simply left GOG, stone-cold, without signing up on here or having anything to do with this thread. If GOG does badly financially, it will be a result of their very poor decision making, lacking leadership, and because they have not been willing to engage with or listen to their customer base. The people in this thread are simply the ones who care about the site and are wiling to stick around to try to tell GOG what is going wrong.
Post edited January 17, 2022 by Time4Tea
low rated
Man, I love watching the butthurt anti-boycotters froth!

The boycott may be faux, but the financial dire straits gog are finding themselves in are very, VERY real!

*smugface.jpg*
low rated
Krogan32: Anyone who remains attached to the OP's group is also admitting that they are faux boycotters as well.
HappyPunkPotato: That's completely ridiculous logic.
I'm sorry that you are incapable of accepting reality.

Krogan32: 1 > 0, which means you engaged in a faux boycott. Not matter how many times you try and justify your actions, that fact still remains. Also, nice try on your deflection attempts. Unlike you, I haven't bought a single game on Steam since my boycott, which means my boycott is an actual boycott. At this point, failed deflection attempts are all you seem to have left.
HappyPunkPotato: Oh yeah, I forgot "deflection attempts" was one of your stock phrases. I think you're just feeling inadequate because, unlike you, I haven't bought anything on Steam in well over 10 years. You might think you're "triggering" people but in reality you're just being a bit irritating and boring. As far as I'm concerned, I've done exactly the right thing so you constantly telling me it's a "faux boycott" is totally meaningless. I'm glad you've rectified your lies that I've bought multiple games though. If you can write a post with a new angle that doesn't contain any of your favourite catchphrases I'll reply to you again.
Thanks for proving that you have lost this argument by your continual focus on the phrases I use. But, that's normal as you cannot defend your stance on your boycott as it's factually a fake one filled with hypocrisy. It's OK if you don't respond. I'll keep pointing out your and the rest of this thread subscriber's faux boycotting to anyone that shows interest in engaging this boycott so they don't follow in the footsteps of you and your ilk's hypocrisy.
Keighn: @op & boycott supporters:
Say you boycott gog & steam and they shut down and all your games go poof (in my case like 1500), what then? You going to gamersgate or EPIC? Going to some sleezy joint to pirate. It ain't no skin off their nose if they close up shop. I rather like having an extra online archive of purchases. I don't give a damn about your personal butthurt issues.
It's OK. They are a vocal minority. Their stance has only the most minor of hinderances to GoG. This is especially true since they are still buying games from GoG during their faux boycott, just like the OP, Time4Tea has stated. The embody the word "hypocrisy".
Time4Tea: ...
How many games did you buy from GoG during the winter sale? Over or under 5?
Post edited January 17, 2022 by Krogan32
low rated
Krogan32: That means he is a faux boycotter. Anyone who remains attached to the OP's group is also admitting that they are faux boycotters as well.
That's splitting hairs though.

Drastically reducing one's spending on GOG may not technically be a full boycott, but it still causes GOG's revenues to decrease.

Therefore, there is not a clear cut binary distinction between "boycotter" and "non-boycotter" for those who of us who have drastically reduced their spending since the onset of the Devotion debacle.

Spending reducers, even if they are not full boycotters, are still very similar to boycotters in their anti-spending-on-GOG behaviors. They are close enough, aren't they?

If not, then you could always cause us "the boycotters & spending reducers" group if it makes you feel better.

There is a definitely a big difference between a non-objecting GOG customer, and a GOG-objecting/spending reducer customer. So it's not like if GOG-objecting spending reducers left the boycotter group, then they'd be in the same category as standard GOG customers.

Then you'd just have two very similar groups, with the exact same goals, instead of one group.

Keighn: @op & boycott supporters:
I am very concerned about GOG going bankrupt. I don't want that to happen.

However, I feel a stand for great justice must nevertheless be taken when things are not right with GOG.

Whilst you are correct that it is a very big concern for we boycotters/spending reducers to have GOG stay in business in order so that our libraries won't become inaccessible to us if GOG were to shutdown, IMO that doesn't mean we should prioritize preserving our libraries at any cost.

For example, GOG blatantly lying to the public about the reason for why they banned Devotion is outrageously dastardly on GOG's part. GOG never apologizing for that lie, nor ever coming clean about the fact that it is a lie, and also GOG never coming clean about why they lied, and GOG never finally telling the truth about what really happened...all those things just compound and exacerbate how outrageously immoral GOG's behavior is in regards to the Devotion issue.

Is it worth turning a blind eye to all those immoral shenanigans for the sake of hopefully preserving our libraries? I would say no, it is not worth turning a blind eye. Taking a stand for what is right in matters like this is more important, i.e. calling GOG out for what they did, and insisting they make amends for it.
Post edited January 17, 2022 by Ancient-Red-Dragon
low rated
Keighn: Say you boycott gog & steam and they shut down and all your games go poof (in my case like 1500), what then?
Then maybe, HOPEFULLY, people will get it through their thick skulls that digital ownership is a folly and they shouldn't have bought 1500 games on a service where their games can go poof in the first place. lol

Keighn: You going to [...] EPIC?
Why not? I collected something to the tune of 100+ DRM-free games there, of which I can make backups, and it didn't cost me a single cent. I certainly got my money's worth.
low rated
Krogan32: That means he is a faux boycotter. Anyone who remains attached to the OP's group is also admitting that they are faux boycotters as well.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: That's splitting hairs though.

Drastically reducing one's spending on GOG may not technically be a full boycott, but it still causes GOG's revenues to decrease.

Therefore, there is not a clear cut binary distinction between "boycotter" and "non-boycotter" for those who of us who have drastically reduced their spending since the onset of the Devotion debacle.

Spending reducers, even if they are not full boycotters, are still very similar to boycotters in their anti-spending-on-GOG behaviors. They are close enough, aren't they?

If not, then you could always cause us "the boycotters & spending reducers" group if it makes you feel better.

There is a definitely a big difference between a non-objecting GOG customer, and a GOG-objecting/spending reducer customer. So it's not like if GOG-objecting spending reducers left the boycotter group, then they'd be in the same category as standard GOG customers.

Then you'd just have two very similar groups, with the exact same goals, instead of one group.
Yes, there is a massive difference. If one engages in a faux boycott like you just admitted to, then you are sending the wrong message to GoG as you are still purchasing games from them. Reduced funding means nothing as they can just as easily attribute that to "he didn't want to buy as many games this year" instead of "he's boycotting". True boycotting sends the message because zero currency goes into the pockets of GoG from anyone who engages in it. That message means they have to sit up and fix their issues instead of just going on with the status quo.

As I've stated before on this very thread, I'm not against boycotts. I have quite a few companies on that list, Steam being one of them. However, I'm firmly against hypocrisy that you and the rest of the subscribers to this thread are engaging in. Either you pull up your pants and fully wrap yourself in your convictions or you continue to engage in hypocrisy and get called out on it. Your choice.
low rated
Krogan32: It's OK. They are a vocal minority. Their stance has only the most minor of hinderances to GoG.
How do you know that? GOG has been losing millions of dollars over the last few quarters.

If that trend continues for another year or two, then there won't be any more GOG store, because it will be out of business.

There are other reasons too for why GOG is losing money. But the boycotters are still one of the factors that contributes to that. It could be a relatively large factor.

And when you say "vocal minority," that makes it sound like you are implying only we who post in this thread on a regular basis account for the entirety of the boycotter group. But that isn't accurate, as explained previously. Many boycotters are not "vocal" at all, but they are still boycotting GOG, quite silently.
Post edited January 17, 2022 by Ancient-Red-Dragon
low rated
Krogan32: faux
Krogan32: faux (translates into fake for ones who didn't know)
faux
faux
hypocrites
faux
faux
Krogan32: hypocrisy
faux
hypocrisy.
hypocrisy
Krogan32: faux
fix (FALSE ALARM!)
hypocrisy
hypocrisy
And that's just on one page...

Do you even know what a thesaurus is? I suggest u use one so your posts will read more good.