It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
EchoOfMidgar: Stop boycotting GOG you *******.
Silence consoomer.

[Modded by Sarafan: Edited the quoted part]
Post edited December 02, 2021 by Sarafan
low rated
Gudadantza: The matter is that the creator of this Thread is a so DRM free defender and it is so important for him that he created a boycott to protect the principle of pure DRM Free and blah, blah blah. Ok. To me this is absurd and in my subjective vision, suspicious.

About the word support, it is something important for those people, I guess. You are in GOG, after all. It shouldn't be a surprise for you.

Sumarizing again, If you or anyone want to support a store, do support it. If you want to support DRM Free, do it or don't do it, but do not change the meaning of their acts.
Breja: Again - alphabet soup. None of this makes any sense.
Did you try reading it backwards? Maybe you will find some sense there???
EchoOfMidgar: Stop boycotting GOG you ********.

[Modded by Sarafan]
I've noticed that your post violates our rules: https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001814049-Forum-Code-of-Conduct?product=gog Disagreeing with others doesn't give you a right to insult them regardless of views that they present. That's why I'm giving you an official warning. If you have any questions regarding the moderation process please contact me or any other moderator through direct message.
00063: I've been boycotting it since they have completely changed the website design in that 10th anniversary update.
GOG's front page certainly runs like a dog, but you only need to visit it to pick up giveaways. The rest of the site works OK unless you're still on WinXP in which case you need to switch to New Moon v28 to access your Account page (I'm in two minds myself about whether this is a boycott-worthy issue - there is a workaround for now, but GOG should not be designing their site in a way which blocks customer access to paid-for content).
00063: The slow download speeds of offline installers didn't help either.
I get download speeds of 4MB/second (which is pretty much my Internet bandwidth) - if you're getting less, it could be an ISP issue.
00063: But mostly, when i typed into search Skyrim Legendary edition there are zero results...
In fairness, that's more likely due to Bethesda/Microsoft not choosing to offer it. See (and vote up) the wishlist entry at:

Wishlist: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

TheGrimLord: ...So what's this about? Achievements? You fellas really need a game to pat you on the head, tell you how much of a good boy you are and give you a medal?...but we are never going to be Steam and I really hope you would get that through your heads. I see a lot of "but Steam has..." complaints on various threads. Then go buy it from Steam...
This sort of post has me wondering whether you have been reading the right thread...

Achievements I can safely say are a non-issue for most here (there has been only one post here from someone wanting more development of GOG Galaxy).

As for being like Steam - most here want nothing to do with Steam, some have used it for its relatively small portion of DRM-free content and there is a minority that are happy with its DRM and are boycotting GOG for other reasons. The "Steam has...." comments that you mention from other threads are pretty much an irrelevance here.

The main point of most people boycotting is for GOG to revert to its original values of being 100% DRM-free (rather than trying to slide DRM in through the back door) and to backtrack on various ill-considered policies like the aggressive promotion of their Galaxy client or selling DRMed-content via a third party (Epic).

As a long-standing user, you should be able to both remember and appreciate that position.

And now to go on a little side-trek - since picking up free content doesn't (in most posters' eyes including TfT) breach the boycott, and GOG don't provide a category for a free game search, here is a URL to list GOG's catalogue of free games:

List of Free Games on GOG.com

This doesn't include giveaways (Crime Cities is currently on giveaway until December 9th) and quite a few entries are DLC (requiring ownership of the base game) or demos/prologues. Nonetheless, there are a few gems like OpenTTD or
Tyrian 2000 that some may have overlooked.

Hope this serves as a change of pace from some of the rather toxic content thrown up by others.
Post edited December 03, 2021 by AstralWanderer
low rated
EchoOfMidgar: Stop boycotting GOG you ********.

[Modded by Sarafan]
Gog moderators approve of this message, since it remains here.
low rated
LMAO at these veteran posters getting their posts edited. If you want anyone to join your movement, at least have the credibility to not talk like children to other people.

And I will continue laughing at these boycotters. GOG has abandoned you by now and I wholly support them. Even people like Time4Tea don't care if GOG fixes their mistakes and want them to die so Zoom can take over. They're just here for the schadenfreude whenever GOG screws up.
low rated
I would have readily posted with regards to the blacklist likewise via online media (for example twitter, facebook), however - - - being a romantic of sorts - - - I don't have any web-based media accounts, nor do I plan at any point to have any (notwithstanding being a writer who is as yet attempting to advance his presentation novel every now and then).
low rated
BroscienceEngineer: LMAO at these veteran posters getting their posts edited. If you want anyone to join your movement, at least have the credibility to not talk like children to other people.

And I will continue laughing at these boycotters. GOG has abandoned you by now and I wholly support them. Even people like Time4Tea don't care if GOG fixes their mistakes and want them to die so Zoom can take over. They're just here for the schadenfreude whenever GOG screws up.
No one is looking to 'take over'. One of the key notions of DRM-Free is options. No one wants GOG to fail.
BroscienceEngineer: They're just here for the schadenfreude whenever GOG screws up.
You know nothing. None of us actually want GOG to fail, and you might be able to see that if you drop the unearned smug routine and actually take an honest look at what's been going on.
Post edited December 03, 2021 by ReynardFox
low rated
BroscienceEngineer: They're just here for the schadenfreude whenever GOG screws up.
ReynardFox: You know nothing. None of us actually want GOG to fail, and you might be able to see that if you drop the unearned smug routine and actually take an honest look at what's been going on.
That's a lie, you want gog to fail. You do not care about the no drm from the moment you talk about deleting achievements, social options or gog galaxy and you decide that whoever wants those options go to steam.

You do not care to gog when many users have left this forum because of your personal attacks.

Gog has been asked in social networks to ban you once and for all, that users are tired.

And I agree on some things like hitman or gwent or anything that has drm but not that gog has to have what you guys say and who doesn't like it to go away.

Abandon gog at once and leave us alone, we are fed up with you and we have said it a thousand times on social networks.
low rated
StrongSoldier: That's a lie, you want gog to fail. You do not care about the no drm from the moment you talk about deleting achievements, social options or gog galaxy
Actually, that is proof positive I and others with similar positions care deeply about "no DRM" :)
low rated
StrongSoldier: That's a lie, you want gog to fail. You do not care about the no drm from the moment you talk about deleting achievements, social options or gog galaxy
rjbuffchix: Actually, that is proof positive I and others with similar positions care deeply about "no DRM" :)
I had an entire argument with someone of why locking achievements and social options like file sharing being online-only isn't DRM. That is a thing a large amount of this thread demands on extreme ideological belief. I tried to make a distinction between software designed to check purchase status and prevent file operation from simple necessary logins for group online features....and got told there is no difference between the login system for an MMO and Minecraft's login requirements for singleplayer.

He's not wrong, a lot of people here seem to want to have zero online that isn't a direct LAN connection. He's being aggressive about it I agree, but it's not as simple as "I don't want DRM" versus "DRM is okay!"
rjbuffchix: Actually, that is proof positive I and others with similar positions care deeply about "no DRM" :)
mastyer-kenobi: I had an entire argument with someone of why locking achievements and social options like file sharing being online-only isn't DRM. That is a thing a large amount of this thread demands on extreme ideological belief. I tried to make a distinction between software designed to check purchase status and prevent file operation from simple necessary logins for group online features....and got told there is no difference between the login system for an MMO and Minecraft's login requirements for singleplayer.

He's not wrong, a lot of people here seem to want to have zero online that isn't a direct LAN connection. He's being aggressive about it I agree, but it's not as simple as "I don't want DRM" versus "DRM is okay!"
I mean, some game have in game achievements that do not require internet like dead cells, hollow knight, and some other games as well. So you can keep achievements on them since all of them work without connection
low rated
00063: But mostly, when i typed into search Skyrim Legendary edition there are zero results...
AstralWanderer: In fairness, that's more likely due to Bethesda/Microsoft not choosing to offer it. See (and vote up) the wishlist entry at:

Wishlist: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
What does Microsoft have to do with this?
BroscienceEngineer: LMAO at these veteran posters getting their posts edited. If you want anyone to join your movement, at least have the credibility to not talk like children to other people...
Don't worry, you're not in danger of being invited to join - though you do seem pretty effective at keeping this thread on the first page in General Discussion.

You may want to keep an eye on the time though - daylight should be coming soon to Canada and it would be such a pity if a stray ray of sunlight were to strike you and turn you to stone...
StrongSoldier: ...Gog has been asked in social networks to ban you once and for all, that users are tired...Abandon gog at once and leave us alone, we are fed up with you and we have said it a thousand times on social networks.
If you're so tired, why keep posting here? Wouldn't getting into a Twitter tantrum, a Facebook flamewar or an Instagram imbroglio give you more entertainment?
mastyer-kenobi: I had an entire argument with someone of why locking achievements and social options like file sharing being online-only isn't DRM. That is a thing a large amount of this thread demands on extreme ideological belief...
This topic has been covered previously in this thread and, for most participants, doesn't seem to be a red line. I suggest you re-read this thread's first post to see what the concerns actually are.
dtgreene: What does Microsoft have to do with this?
Microsoft purchased Zenimax last year, in the process acquiring Bethesda.

There are MS-published games available on GOG (the Shadowrun Returns series) so it's unlikely that MS has an ideological issue, but Bethesda's decision to make Skyrim reliant on Steam's DRM (even with DVD versions) would suggest the ball is more in their court.