It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

rjbuffchix: For those who are boycotting due to DRM concerns.

Evidently, GOG took down FCKDRM.com.

( https://www.gog.com/forum/general/drm_on_gog_list_of_singleplayer_games_with_drm/post331 )
ReynardFox: Anyone else getting vibes around here similar to when Google removed "don't be evil' from their code of conduct?
Yes.

( https://www.gog.com/forum/general/drm_on_gog_list_of_singleplayer_games_with_drm/post331 )
ReynardFox: Anyone else getting vibes around here similar to when Google removed "don't be evil' from their code of conduct?
Me too.

Dammit I need to invest in a hard drive for my offline installers but this is a bad moment for this expense, due to both my country's economic situation (very unfavorable dollar exchange) and my own personal expenses.
Post edited February 13, 2021 by joppo
Speaking of bad vibes, the GOG front page now includes Javascript from a new domain - adt348.net (aside from the domain name lookup, there seems to be no information on this domain or its holder currently).

The actual reference in GOG's front page is a script async bracket which loads this Javascript.

From my (quite limited) Javascript skillz, this seems to be some type of error tracking and reporting, but the list of other domains mentioned in the programDomainsStr declaration is interesting (this forum may munge some of the links):

creditea.com
www.mytrendyphone.dk
www.zooplus.es
no.coolshop.com
www.connectedpath.com
moneymas.com.es
www.adtraction.com
rqt-www.cofidis.es
www.liberbank.es
www.cmore.dk
tracead.com
finanzcheck.de
www2.hm.com
evobanco.com
clickserve.dartsearch.net
has.nvrimg.com
business.americanexpress.com
connected-path.myshopify.com
www.adtraction.eu
pi.piensoymascotas.com
emas.uinterbox.com
www.adtraction.com
micreditoseguro.com

Anyone else come across this domain?

Also since Google has been mentioned, it may be worth noting that every forum page now contains a Google link - though it seems to be for style only (<link href='//fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Open+Sans:300,400,600,700' rel='stylesheet'>) it does nonetheless raise privacy issues since it gives Google information on everyone's forum usage (unless you are running filtering software that blocks either this or HTTP referers generally).
Post edited February 12, 2021 by AstralWanderer
AstralWanderer: Also since Google has been mentioned, it may be worth noting that every forum page now contains a Google link - though it seems to be for style only (<link href='//fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Open+Sans:300,400,600,700' rel='stylesheet'>) it does nonetheless raise privacy issues since it gives Google information on everyone's forum usage (unless you are running filtering software that blocks either this or HTTP referers generally).
I use the NoScript plugin in my browser, which means I have to explicitly allow javascript for each domain it wants to connect to. I highly recommend everyone to do this with their web browsing, to protect their privacy and security. It also gives excellent visibility of which external domains different sites are trying to connect to (Google Analytics, FB, Twitter ...).
Post edited February 12, 2021 by Time4Tea
low rated
fronzelneekburm: No. They seem intent on burying it and some of the resident fanbois are circling the wagons by trying to deflect blame from gog with whatever moronic excuse they can concoct.
Dalswyn: There has been an indirect statement: setting up a Chinese New Year sale... without any mention of the Chinese New Year!
[...]
What kind of statement is Epic making with their sale?
Dalswyn: I suppose some employees run around screaming with their hair on fire, while otters compose techno music in the bathroom.
To be fair, that's often done by regular forum users and otters too.
low rated
Dalswyn: There has been an indirect statement: setting up a Chinese New Year sale... without any mention of the Chinese New Year!
[...]
amok: What kind of statement is Epic making with their sale?
...that by doing a "Spring Showcase & Sale" in early february, they are proud morons? Seriously, I do not know, and care little, as I am no customer of theirs and have no plan to become one. I don't even know if they have a forum. Also, while their showcase does have some significant announcements and releases. Gog only had Commander Keen.

However, it is my belief that, had it not been for december's Devotion debacle, Gog would have called this sale by its true name.

Edit: ha ha! I had not posted (or even logged in) for quite some time. I post that one message and presto, I lose 2 reputation points. That tells me more about the reputation of this forum than mine.
Post edited February 12, 2021 by Dalswyn
Dalswyn: However, it is my belief that, had it not been for december's Devotion debacle, Gog would have called this sale by its true name.
Valentine's Day Sale?
low rated
Dalswyn: However, it is my belief that, had it not been for december's Devotion debacle, Gog would have called this sale by its true name.
Grargar: Valentine's Day Sale?
Why? Does a "We love games" sale promote coop games or imaginary girl/boyfriends? ;)
Post edited February 12, 2021 by Dalswyn
That Devotion thing is just bad. Winnie the Pooh should eat some honey and calm down. Can't GoG just block access to that game for Chinese IPs and make it available to the Free World? I mean, how many games do they already block for certain countries such as Australia?
high rated

Google lived long enough to become a villain.

Bet the "don't be evil" is gonne for ages.
low rated
oldschool: You have made some good points, however, I am, and always will be a GOG supporter for life.
Time4Tea: Ok, so you're happy to give them a green light to do whatever they want then? You've basically just declared there is nothing they could possibly ever do that would make your support for them waver.

Lucky them, to have a customer like you!
I guess they are lucky to have a loyal customer (s) like me. If you would have bothered to read my reply I agreed with the OP. Boycotting an entire site seems a little drastic.
oldschool: I am, and always will be a GOG supporter for life.
Breja: It's just a fucking store. Stores have customers, not supporters. Why would anyone label themselve a "supporter" of some corporate business venture? Not to mention an apparently unconditional supporter?
Thank you for reminding me that this is a store. However, I already knew that. Declaring oneself a loyal supporter in my opinion does not seem as odd as you make it out to be. The part that is most amusing is anyone that does not totally agree with "Boycotting GOG" gets downvoted. Pathetic.
Post edited February 13, 2021 by oldschool
oldschool: Thank you for reminding me that this is a store. However, I already knew that.
Then start treating it as such, and not like a cult.
low rated
oldschool: Thank you for reminding me that this is a store. However, I already knew that.
Breja: Then start treating it as such, and not like a cult.
Sure, any other requests? Almost 11 years ago this site did not even exist. I am glad it does as keeping an ancient WindowsX machine around for legacy games is not practical.
Breja: Then start treating it as such, and not like a cult.
oldschool: Sure, any other requests?
I had no idea being reasonable is so much to ask.

oldschool: Almost 11 years ago this site did not even exist.
And that's relevant... how?

Look - you don't agree that the reasons given for a boycott are enough? That's fine. I myself did not swear to enver ever buy here again, I'm just not nearly as eager to spend money here as I once was, and I'm happy to ignore the present sale for example in favor of buying some comics (I finished my Hellboy Library Edition collection, yay!). I'm not some boycott fanatic. And that's the point - don't be a fanatic. Not agreeing with the boycott is one thing, but declaring unconditional support for life to what is just a commercial corporate venture - that's insane. That's pure fanatacism and in the silliest "cause" imaginable.

I really do not for the life of me understand why people start identifying like this with coporate entities these days, but I'm seeing a lot of it. It's like some bizzare cyberpunk dystopia version of pre World War I feverish patriotism, with flags replaced by logos.