It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Vendor-Lazarus: GOG just made it even easier to soft-boycott them.

They just confirmed that they will only be supporting the mono-culture that is Googles Blink browser engine.
Which means I won't even be able to use their newsletter discount codes at the redeem page.
I've already unsubscribed back in Dec 3. When I submitted a ticket that they broke the Redeem page.
Only 1 more certain buy on my wishlist, 3 maybes, and 1 maybe not.
Where did they confirm it?
Vendor-Lazarus: GOG just made it even easier to soft-boycott them.

They just confirmed that they will only be supporting the mono-culture that is Googles Blink browser engine.
Which means I won't even be able to use their newsletter discount codes at the redeem page.
I've already unsubscribed back in Dec 3. When I submitted a ticket that they broke the Redeem page.
Only 1 more certain buy on my wishlist, 3 maybes, and 1 maybe not.
mrkgnao: Where did they confirm it?
In my support ticket.
To be entirely fair, they also said Firefox (Which have now said they're okay with censorship and deplatforming).
However, they've been making that one as close to Chrome as possible.
Hence why I think it's just a matter of time until they switch engine too.
Like Edge, Opera, Vivaldi, Dooble, Avant, Maxhton and Sleipnir have already done.
Other browsers using Blink:
Iridium, Dissenter, Brave, Comodo Dragon, Falkon, SalaamWeb, SRWare Iron, Torch, Yandex, Polarity and Blisk.

Firefox's Gecko Engine: K-Meleon, SeaMonkey and WaterFox. They all have to change to Blink if Firefox do.
mrkgnao: Where did they confirm it?
Vendor-Lazarus: In my support ticket.
To be entirely fair, they also said Firefox (Which have now said they're okay with censorship and deplatforming).
Like Edge, Opera, Vivaldi, Dooble, Avant, Maxhton and Sleipnir have already done.
Iridium, Dissenter, Brave, Comodo Dragon, Falkon, SalaamWeb, SRWare Iron, Torch, Yandex, Polarity and Blisk.

Firefox's Gecko Engine: K-Meleon, SeaMonkey and WaterFox. They all have to change to Blink if Firefox do.
Thanks. And which browser are you using?

P.S. I wonder what's the status with GOG and Apple/Safari browsers.
As I no longer have faith in gog's commitment to maintain their position as a DRM free store, I decided to check out the zoom platform that many here on gog's forums have talked about. This is not news, I am just trying to give my first impressions to those who have not heard of it or are unsure.

Here is the link, whilst I understand that this is quite a primitive site and not for all, it is worth checking out.

https://www.zoom-platform.com/

I can confirm that registration is straightforward and despite what I was lead to believe, payment is not restricted to paypal. I was able to pay by visa debit quickly and efficiently.

The download process is much the same as gogs browser download option (i.e. broken down into files typically 4GB or less). You end up with an offline installer similar to that which gog used to provide.

I purchased Race Driver Grid and can confirm that their is no DRM and is fully playable offline. I should point out that I do not want to get into debates about this title: should you feel the need to, please contact zoom directly.

My first impressions are good. Whilst a relatively small catalogue, it would appear to be a no-nonsense DRM free download option.

This title cost me about £10. That is money that in the past would have went exclusively to gog.

No longer.

I will support zoom as much as I reasonably can in terms of titles that they hold in the hope that they can expand their catalogue.

It's worth checking out.
Vendor-Lazarus: In my support ticket.

mrkgnao: Thanks. And which browser are you using?

I'm using Pale Moon with the Goanna Engine.
mrkgnao: Thanks. And which browser are you using?

Vendor-Lazarus: I'm using Pale Moon with the Goanna Engine.
Thanks. So sad. They add a feature, lose some users because of it, and it's not as if the feature is better than before. In my opinion, it's noticeably worse in the sum of things.
Post edited January 20, 2021 by mrkgnao
low rated
Post 664 - I can confirm that registration is straightforward and despite what I was lead to believe, payment is not restricted to paypal. I was able to pay by visa debit quickly and efficiently.
It was paypal only awhile back.....seems they changed it and added more payment options....thanks for the info.
high rated
Vendor-Lazarus: I'm using Pale Moon with the Goanna Engine.
mrkgnao: Thanks. So silly from GOG's POV. They add a feature, lose some users because of it, and it's not as if the feature is better than before. In my opinion, it's noticeably worse in the sum of things.
I am using latest palemoon and just checked this with the latest redeem code that was posted over at the expiring codes clearing house kindly posted by THESLITHERYDEE here:-

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_expiring_codes_clearinghouse_thread

Kingmaker discount: L24R1FB76B18E15CF1

redeem continue button greyed out on palemoon 28.17.0 (latest) but not greyed out on chrome.

I have not redeemed this code if its still active and anyone wants it.

So now we face lack of browser support in gog, which automatically fails in one of their own attempts at marketing!
high rated
Time4Tea: They do have a problem in terms of branding and visibility, for sure. Apparently they claim they had the name before Zoom chat, in which case they are not infringing any trademark. However, it doesn't change the fact that their visibility is really poor and I agree it's something they need to address.
thefallenalchemist: It's not about trademark, it's about visibility. Everyone knows Zoom as the platform it is and even celebrities use it. You mention Zoom, people will never think games. Zoom became super popular and they will be fighting a losing battle here.
I agree, which is why I mentioned the word 'visibility' twice in my previous post ;-)

I also agree that, even if they are 'in the right' regarding the brand name, it probably wouldn't be a good use of their time and resources to try to fight a legal battle against Zoom chat. The pragmatic decision would probably be to re-brand.

SuperLibby72: Where did you find out about the website being reworked? All I see on Twitter is a model shot of the founder and nothing on the site.
It was mentioned in this other thread, which is dedicated to discussing Zoom Platform.

lazydog: To those that say a boycott will make no difference, it does not mean that it will make no difference to me. I have not made a purchase on steam for nearly nine years and feel better for it.
This is a really good point. The whole reason I don't buy on Steam in the first place is because I hate DRM. So, why should I tolerate GOG compromising even 1% on their DRM-free principles? Am I forgoing Steam, with their bigger library, newer games and all their highly-convenient Linux-ready Proton goodness, just to have to tolerate DRM on GOG instead?

Quite simply ---> Fuck. That.
Post edited January 20, 2021 by Time4Tea
lazydog: My first impressions (of Zoom Platform) are good. Whilst a relatively small catalogue, it would appear to be a no-nonsense DRM free download option.
They are good. I've bought 4 games on there so far and they all work great. I'm really enjoying Deponia 1, it's a funny game. I plan to spend all the money I was going to spend on GOG this year on ZP.

(first post updated to post #670)
Post edited January 20, 2021 by Time4Tea
low rated
Time4Tea: So, why should I tolerate GOG compromising even 1% on their DRM-free principles?
Look at the devotion removal: it was likely due, in part, to the CCP/etc in china that devotion got removed from sale here and elsewhere.....all because they couldn't tolerate even ONE game with one meme they disliked possibly being sold to their own people and/or others.

That is why I think it's better to compromise(in this and other things) than to follow a more "hard line" stance.
(though I can see why some such as yourself would want to follow that route, even if I don't fully agree with it in most cases)
Post edited January 20, 2021 by GamezRanker
lazydog: My first impressions (of Zoom Platform) are good. Whilst a relatively small catalogue, it would appear to be a no-nonsense DRM free download option.
Time4Tea: They are good. I've bought 4 games on there so far and they all work great. I'm really enjoying Deponia 1, it's a funny game. I plan to spend all the money I was going to spend on GOG this year on ZP.

(first post updated to post #670)
How much has Zoom approved since they started? I'm already having an issue with them and it's been 48 hours with no reply back at all. I give them Monday was a holiday, but not even an acknowledgment email? At this point seem like hyping Zoom, because of hate for GOG now.
Post edited January 20, 2021 by SuperLibby72
Time4Tea: I would like to announce that I have decided to boycott GOG for 2021.
(current as of post #670)
You forgot the fact they went back on their policy on regional pricing, which was one of their founding values, to the point that it used to be written in big bold letters in their homepage, which they changed after going back on their steps, obviously.
There's even a video around they published years ago in which they literally MOCKED stores that did regional pricing, LOL, the irony.

Not only I'm boycotting GOG from now on, but I also invite people to put a Winnie the Pooh avatar as we did, as a sign of protest.
Post edited January 20, 2021 by Shendue
low rated
SuperLibby72: How much has Zoom approved since they started? I'm already having an issue with them and it's been 48 hours with no reply back at all. I give them Monday was a holiday, but not even an acknowledgment email?
They're likely too small an operation(compared to steam or even GOG) atm to have workers on weekends. As for automated emails....they might have not implemented such a feature yet.

From what I can recall, you might have some luck on their official discord server(one can enter such servers as a guest without setting up an account afaik), as that's where I believe they reply the most.

=-=-=

Shendue: You forgot the fact they went back on their policy on regional pricing, which was one of their founding values, to the point that it used to be written in big bold letters in their homepage, which they changed after going back on their steps, obviously.
I remember that and the original low prices points....then GOG got newer more modern games onto the store & one of the things ip holders demanded was they drop the low price points and regional pricing.

And of course greed won out and they caved to those ip holder's demands.
Post edited January 20, 2021 by GamezRanker
I remember when Steam took down a game before anyone could purchase it and it was due to people giving it a negative rap when there was no need for it and the game was taken off of Steam. Then Gog had the balls to take that same game and gave those people the middle finger by selling it on their platform.

Also about Devotion from my understanding from a YouTube video that I watched that the stuff in question wasn't even supposed to be in the final version of the game but someone made a mistake somewhere and the content was accidentally left in. However the game was taken down in order to do some fixes and other things and I assume one of the fixes was to remove that content. The developers got a huge backlash because of said content even though they removed it the damage was done. I'm not sure what GOG was thinking but they didn't want no part of that game. I think the so called gamers who complained about said content was part of a very niche group who thinks they spoke for everyone which is complete bullshit. No one speaks for anyone but themselves. In GOG's case I think they didn't want to be part of controversy no matter that the questionable content was removed from the game and that is just very wrong decision on the part of GOG.

I am a gamer at the end of the day and I play games no matter where they come from. I feel for the gamers who were lied to about Cyperpunk. That sucks and shouldn't have happened. Also I feel for the gamers who don't get to purchase Devotion on GOG because overly sensitive pricks who don't know how to take a joke and have no sense of humor.