It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
I read this Thread with very mixed feelings.

I: On Gog&Galaxy
Overall Gog&esp .Galaxy are partially evolving in a way i don't like. I think it might have started allready 2015 but at least 2018 after the reorg one could notice a change in bad Way. It was to expect...the goal of the reorg was to maximize profit and to be more of "real" company instead of a "From Gamer for Gamer"-Group..so..they didn't made it a secret.

On the positive Side they secured several Games for Gog i never truly expected to see here.

Overall...they're the best available choice i know after i gave up on Steam and similar Sites a long time ago.

II.Behavior in this Thread&Downvoting Rep
It was easy to notice that the people that support the Idea are downvoted.
All posts i have read whre polite and mostly factual or expressed a opinion in a polite way.
I always understand the Rating-Option as a "This Post was helpfull/usefull provided Info" or a "This Post is offensive, this is spam,..." not a i like this Optinion or not.

So..if i have pure discussion Thread i normally don't vote at all...as long as a post is neither offensive or spam.
Either this was a misunderstanding or the Mods where sleeping...

III.Expected Future of Gog
Taking the Experience of the last 5 years into account my fear is that Gog might move further towards STeam
Step by Step.
While i would to happy be wrong about it, i secured all Games i bought&liked on a extra HD and no worries...no discussion or boycott...i will just leave as i leaved Steam if my Fears come True and my red lines are crossed.

Edit: Some Typos removed
Post edited May 19, 2022 by DF1871
low rated
Hi everyone. Sorry for the slow response on my end, I've been very busy IRL over the past several weeks.

InSaintMonoxide: Info for Time4Tea: The user cyberfancom is listed twice. Once as 114) of the boycotting individuals and once as 31) of the sympathetic individuals.
Thanks for pointing this out. It seems that user must have requested to be moved from one list to the other at some point, but I forgot to take them off the other one. I looked back over the last few pages, but I can't find their post, so for now I will only include them on the sympathetic list, unless they can confirm which list they wanted to be on. As far as I can see, there isn't a way to search for posts in a thread by a particular user, which doesn't help when we have over 200 pages.
Post edited May 19, 2022 by Time4Tea
low rated
InSaintMonoxide: Info for Time4Tea: The user cyberfancom is listed twice. Once as 114) of the boycotting individuals and once as 31) of the sympathetic individuals.
randomuser.833: And because this is still the case you can be sure nobody cares anymore how reliable the list are.

Long ago I said, that some names of the list lead to a 404. now.
Not a hidden profile but those accounts have either been renamed or they have been deleted.
One of name (ChinaGovIsFacist) has been an obvious troll account that might have even run into the very lax rules for usernames...

Others got 0 games (some have deactivate their profile now) or have been very new..
I got problems to understand how someone who joined the boycott the day he joined GoG can be taken serious.
Or someone who joins the boycott with a 0 games account.
A sock puppet (not looking at Time4Tea here - ok, looking at him for adding them to that list) to make numbers.

Still a very new account with that name was willingly taken to "the list". And it stays on that list.

And I didn't even looked up all names to find 404s.

After the people in here went at each others throat the last bit of "taking this thread serious" has vanished for everyone outside of this as it seems.
But with lists that include troll accounts and sock puppets as "supporters" there was not even a basement for taking this thread serious.
To respond to some of your pints here: I have never knowingly added 'bogus accounts' to the boycott list. All of the names on the list have at some point posted in this thread, requesting to be added. I have in general added them to the list if it seems that they at least somewhat sympathise with the issues listed in the first post. There have been cases where I have declined to add people, if it was clear that they didn't sympathise with those issues.

It is possible that some people who signed up on the list may have left the site and deleted their account, possibly because of dissatisfaction with GOG's failure to act on the issues that have been highlighted. I would argue that is a fairly strong act of protest and in that case, their inclusion on the list is justified. Even in those cases, I would expect the post they made in this thread to request being added will still be there. However, as I mentioned in my post above, it doesn't seem possible to search the thread for posts by a particular user, which makes that difficult to verify.

To respond to another of your points: we have never had a threshold for users signing up on the list that they need to have had a GOG account for a minimum amount of time, or need to have bought a minimum number of games. I have not done any sort of 'background checks' for people signing up on the list (I don't have time to do that and it wouldn't be practical in any case). Ultimately, this is similar to an informal online petition and people can read into that what they will.
Post edited May 19, 2022 by Time4Tea
low rated
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/site#search=boycott
low rated
5P34R: I don't post much due to the broken rep, I've put an arbitrary value on it and mind abit about getting 'bad' rep.
Technically rep is not broken - some people here on the forum however are. Add to this that GOG could not care less about cyber mobbing (which in some countrys is a criminal act btw) and you have the "the more I post the less rep I have" situation I am experiencing myself now since at least a year as well.

GOG has gone downhill in several ways:

- GOG support technically does not exist anymore (I could throw a stone and would hit an open unresolved ticket created by myself every single time).

- Creating a ticket using this bot is more than a chore, it is a test of patience (luckily there's an unofficial way around it).

- GOG moderation does not act even when I link them (in this case SmollestLight) to posts with not just actual insults but also the claim that insults are part of "free spoeach" ... GOG mods do nothing ... insults on the net also are a criminal offense in some countrys.

- Galaxy is going nowhere since it still is not able to do basic things like tagging and hiding per platform (yes, I know that several people dislike Galaxy in general but even if you don't, this thing is simply a proof of programmers incompetence).

And yet, I still can't bring myself to boycott them since there is still one thing they do which I like: selling (in most cases) DRM-free games I am interested in. However I DO symapthize with those who do. GOG constantly ignored their community (and not just since 2017 when they invited me and others to ask us how they could improve and then break every single promise about fixing those issues we told them about). Not supporting such a behavior imo is a good thing - not to break or punish them but to make them change course and come back to their user base so that it feels good again to support them.

@Downvoters: Have fun downvoting this and others of my posts as well. I have completely given up on ever reaching 5000 rep. Hope you all feel fine in slapping a guy that only wants to help others in the face on a regular basis. I have become too tired to even get angry about it.
Post edited May 20, 2022 by MarkoH01
low rated
5P34R: I don't post much due to the broken rep, I've put an arbitrary value on it and mind abit about getting 'bad' rep.
MarkoH01: Technically rep is not broken - some people here on the forum however are. Add to this that GOG could not care less about cyber mobbing (which in some countrys is a criminal act btw) and you have the "the more I post the less rep I have" situation I am experiencing myself now since at least a year as well.

GOG has gone downhill in several ways:

- GOG support technically does not exist anymore (I could throw a stone and would hit an open unresolved ticket created by myself every single time).

- Creating a ticket using this bot is more than a chore, it is a test of patience (luckily there's an unofficial way around it).

- GOG moderation does not act even when I link them (in this case SmollestLight) to posts with not just actual insults but also the claim that insults are part of "free spoeach" ... GOG mods do nothing ... insults on the net also are a criminal offense in some countrys.

- Galaxy is going nowhere since it still is not able to do basic things like tagging and hiding per platform (yes, I know that several people dislike Galaxy in general but even if you don't, this thing is simply a proof of programmers incompetence).

And yet, I still can't bring myself to boycott them since there is still one thing they do which I like: selling (in most cases) DRM-free games I am interested in. However I DO symapthize with those who do. GOG constantly ignored their community (and not just since 2017 when they invited me and others to ask us how they could improve and then break every single promise about fixing those issues we told them about). Not supporting such a behavior imo is a good thing - not to break or punish them but to make them change course and come back to their user base so that it feels good again to support them.

@Downvoters: Have fun downvoting this and others of my posts as well. I have completely given up on ever reaching 5000 rep. Hope you all feel fine in slapping a guy that only wants to help others in the face on a regular basis. I have become too tired to even get angry about it.
lmaoo Imagine
A. crying on the internet about downvotes
B. crying about jannies not deleting "insults"
C. calling said insults illegal
D. bringing up the e-peen score you've "given up on"
E. which implies there was some point where you... had hopes? for your GOG.com account score? reaching 5000? whatever that means, I didn't even know such a feature existed until right now

what a life. try playing some games instead of whining, maybe that'll help.
low rated
poikaboy: stuff
Yeah, but you have an anime avatar. lol

Opinion discarded.
low rated
poikaboy: A. crying on the internet about downvotes
I did not cry, I explained.

poikaboy: B. crying about jannies not deleting "insults"
Those insults weren't subjective insults but factual insults so there's no need for quotation marks.

poikaboy: C. calling said insults illegal
They are in Germany. (§185 StGB) .

poikaboy: D. bringing up the e-peen score you've "given up on"
Why not? Getting rep lost that was well deserved might not be something that will kill you but it's also not a thing you'd enjoy.

poikaboy: E. which implies there was some point where you... had hopes? for your GOG.com account score? reaching 5000? whatever that means, I didn't even know such a feature existed until right now
There's no feature - it was just some silly imagination I once had - back in the times when good things happened to good people instead of trolls calling them whining. I am aware that people like you can't understand. The concept of being nice simply is not known to you. Don't worry, I won't continue "whining" since I've said everything I wanted already. Just came back to explain some things to you that you probably won't understand anyway ... so why do I even bother? I still believe in people being good and having empathy... also a strange concept for you I guess. Anyway - good bye.
low rated
MarkoH01: I have completely given up on ever reaching 5000 rep.
Look at the bright side: They'll have one hell of a hard fucking time to get you down to zero. ;P

I mean, lookit me, I'm being downvooted for basically every single post, but my rep never really dropped significantly. It's not increasing, but it's not dropping too hard either. Kinda like a treadmill.

Personally, I like even numbers, so at a comfy 2832 that's a 3 out of 4 even/uneven number ratio, so I'm pretty happy with that!

PS: Germany with its crypto-fascist "Beleidigungsgesetz" really isn't a role model anyone in their right mind would want to emulate -especially on the web. I long for the Wild West days of the internet.

MarkoH01: - GOG moderation does not act even when I link them (in this case SmollestLight) to posts with not just actual insults but also the claim that insults are part of "free spoeach" ... GOG mods do nothing ...
They probably had more important issues to attend to... like closing threads critical of their "support"
*nudge nudge, wink wink*
low rated
poikaboy: A. crying on the internet about downvotes
MarkoH01: I did not cry, I explained.

poikaboy: B. crying about jannies not deleting "insults"
MarkoH01: Those insults weren't subjective insults but factual insults so there's no need for quotation marks.

poikaboy: C. calling said insults illegal
MarkoH01: They are in Germany. (§185 StGB) .

poikaboy: D. bringing up the e-peen score you've "given up on"
MarkoH01: Why not? Getting rep lost that was well deserved might not be something that will kill you but it's also not a thing you'd enjoy.

poikaboy: E. which implies there was some point where you... had hopes? for your GOG.com account score? reaching 5000? whatever that means, I didn't even know such a feature existed until right now
MarkoH01: There's no feature - it was just some silly imagination I once had - back in the times when good things happened to good people instead of trolls calling them whining. I am aware that people like you can't understand. The concept of being nice simply is not known to you. Don't worry, I won't continue "whining" since I've said everything I wanted already. Just came back to explain some things to you that you probably won't understand anyway ... so why do I even bother? I still believe in people being good and having empathy... also a strange concept for you I guess. Anyway - good bye.
No one cares about German laws, Hans.
low rated
fronzelneekburm: PS: Germany with its crypto-fascist "Beleidigungsgesetz" really isn't a role model anyone in their right mind would want to emulate -especially on the web. I long for the Wild West days of the internet.
Actually it is one of the laws I'd like to see implemented worldwide. People nowadays should be nicer to each other and while I am not a fan of a censored internet at all (you know I dislike censoring) I also think that some boundaries aren't bad ... boundaries that are good for everybody - not just the youth.

Anyway - right now I am thinking about not participating anymore on the GOG forum at all - at least on the nternational discussions (still would support my own threads and contribute to giveaways and other support threads ... also the German forum mostly still is quite "normal"). Participating in discussions in the international forum has lost its fun and most people that aren't toxic and mean have already left a long time ago, anyway.
poikaboy: No one cares about German laws, Hans.
You have so much to learn child.
Post edited May 22, 2022 by MarkoH01
low rated
fronzelneekburm: PS: Germany with its crypto-fascist "Beleidigungsgesetz" really isn't a role model anyone in their right mind would want to emulate -especially on the web. I long for the Wild West days of the internet.
MarkoH01: Actually it is one of the laws I'd like to see implemented worldwide. People nowadays should be nicer to each other and while I am not a fan of a censored internet at all (you know I dislike censoring) I also think that some boundaries aren't bad ... boundaries that are good for everybody - not just the youth.

Anyway - right now I am thinking about not participating anymore on the GOG forum at all - at least on the nternational discussions (still would support my own threads and contribute to giveaways and other support threads ... also the German forum mostly still is quite "normal"). Participating in discussions in the international forum has lost its fun and most people that aren't toxic and mean have already left a long time ago, anyway.
poikaboy: No one cares about German laws, Hans.
MarkoH01: You have so much to learn child.
I'll still call you a little bitch online. Feel free to file a police report.
low rated
poikaboy: I'll still call you a little bitch online. Feel free to file a police report.
Edit your post to remove the insult, or I will report you to the moderators.

Please be civil.
low rated
poikaboy: I'll still call you a little bitch online. Feel free to file a police report.
Time4Tea: Edit your post to remove the insult, or I will report you to the moderators.

Please be civil.
That does nothing. Also, your outrage against the insult is as fake as your boycott (you still buy games). When I was on here last your ilk kept personally attacking me with not just insults, yet you were nowhere to be found to defend me. We have a word for that, it's starts with a "h" and ends with a "ite". Don't feel bad, neither were the mods. Instead, they targeted me instead of the others. This whole forum is full of toxicity and incompetence, which is why I stayed away for so long. Anyways, keep on buying games from GoG as it helps the company out!
Post edited May 22, 2022 by Krogan32
low rated
MarkoH01: Anyway - right now I am thinking about not participating anymore on the GOG forum at all - at least on the nternational discussions (still would support my own threads and contribute to giveaways and other support threads ... also the German forum mostly still is quite "normal"). Participating in discussions in the international forum has lost its fun and most people that aren't toxic and mean have already left a long time ago, anyway.
I hope you don't but I can understand it. I've cut back as the lack of GOG's interest in the forums, BS excuses when it comes to enforcing some rules and their randomness and never enforcing on others annoys me as well.

I do remember you from the good old days though. One could say the GOF days the Good Old Forum days.