It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
You can add me to list of people who hasn't purchased a game since the Devotion incident.
low rated
wolf_and_shadow: You can add me to list of people who hasn't purchased a game since the Devotion incident.
Then how did Biomutant and The Medium end up in your account? Both came out after the Devotion incident (even pre-order for Biomutant started four month after that).
low rated
he could of got it from a gifting thread possibly.
technically not his sale and would of already been paid for one way or another so he would of had no effect on gog's sale at that point.
Engerek01: I have 635 games on my GOG library.
When I stopped buying from GOG a few years ago, I had about 70 games on STEAM. Now I "own" 450 there. Haven't bought a single thing from GOG since and hadn't used the forums for almost 2 years. And I see that not only things haven't improved, but they have gotten a lot worse.

It is also surprising to see how the tables have turned. Years ago STEAM was the evil company with a toxic community while GOG was the hero protecting user rights. The forum community was the best; Kindest, smartest, and most helpful. Now, STEAM is the company that is protecting my user rights and has a much better community while GOG's user base became toxic like its practices.

And GOG chose this.
well i wouldn't go so far as to say steam is protecting user rights; hell they had to be sued to force them to obey australian consumer law; but they are at least creating more consumer choice in the market supporting linux.
Otherwise though; yup GOG is toxic and it's reaping what it sowed.
Post edited April 14, 2022 by illiousintahl
low rated
Boycotting Gog is wholesome. <3
low rated
The issues mentioned in your boycott seem to have become an industry-wide problem... not merely a Gog issue.

Keeping track of certain YouTube channels (ClownfishTV, Sid Alpha, Yellow Flash, ThatUmbrellaGuy and Geeks&Gamers), it would appear that the majority of video game platforms except for Nintendo are introducing censorship and DRM into their games. Just look at how SquaeEnix's all-woman "board of ethics" tried to censor Tifa in Final Fantasy Remake, or the hidden DRM that Sony Playstation (and SquareEnix) that establishes an unannounced 52 year expiration date into their PSN digital games for PlayStation 3, and PSPVita. BTW - That expiration date would have gone completely unnoticed if it had not been triggered prematurely for some account holders. While Sony may insist this was a glitch, why is there an expiration date on those games to begin with?

If you bought it, you should be able to keep it and use it for as long as you want.

However, it begs three important questions:

1) Just how many online video game retailers have hidden similar expiration dates into their games without telling us?
2.) Why are SquareEnix's censored and DRMed games on Gog?
3.) Can Gog confirm that there is no hidden expiration dates in the games for sale on Gog?

Food for thought.

Source: [url=]www.theverge.com/2022/4/10/23019235/playstation-digital-games-ps3-ps-vita-expiring-sony-chrono-trigger[/url]
Post edited April 14, 2022 by user deleted
low rated
Anyone who listens to the likes of trash YouTubers like that rogues gallery don't have opinions worth considering, as far as I'm concerned.
low rated
I think it's time to close/delete this stupid thread ...
low rated
It's very unfortunate to see CDPR in general and these forums in particular keep looking more and more like a lost cause instead of less.

Censorship and imposed sanctions are not the answer to anything. If anything is going to be solved it will be with open constructive conversation (such as the original post in this thread) and actual grassroots campaigns, not censorship, downvote bots, astroturfing and middlemen interfering with peoples' ability to do business with eachother (COUGH DEVOTION COUGH and everything similar.) GOG continues to not act in good faith, and diplomacy seems to be a lost art in favor of brute force these days. Sad.
low rated
GogWarrior71: The issues mentioned in your boycott seem to have become an industry-wide problem... not merely a Gog issue.
DRM is certainly very pervasive and an industry-wide issue. However, the reason for this protest is that GOG made their name by opposing those industry trends, but have been trying to walk back on that promise in recent years. It is about broken promises made by GOG.com.

GogWarrior71: However, it begs three important questions:

1) Just how many online video game retailers have hidden similar expiration dates into their games without telling us?
2.) Why are SquareEnix's censored and DRMed games on Gog?
3.) Can Gog confirm that there is no hidden expiration dates in the games for sale on Gog?
I have no idea. Although, if you have credible evidence of Square Enix games on GOG containing DRM, I'd encourage you to post about it in this thread:

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/drm_on_gog_list_of_singleplayer_games_with_drm

(first post has been updated. Thanks to those who have joined recently!)
Post edited April 16, 2022 by Time4Tea
low rated
@Time4Tea : Seriously, can you stop to cry as a baby ?
It's time to grow up man...
low rated
Ah yes maturity. The prevailing right to have any say, thought or feeling. lol
You really should just direct it specifically as a reply because your statement lacks any context otherwise.
Anyways this forum can use a bump back to the main page. FCK GOG you made your bed and now are starting to be put in it; hope you wake up before it's nap time :P
low rated
Engerek01: I have 635 games on my GOG library.
When I stopped buying from GOG a few years ago, I had about 70 games on STEAM. Now I "own" 450 there. Haven't bought a single thing from GOG since and hadn't used the forums for almost 2 years. And I see that not only things haven't improved, but they have gotten a lot worse.

And GOG chose this.
Once in a while I buy something on Steam if I have no other choice, but I triy GOG, Uplay, Origin, Epic, Gamejolt, itch.io, and fireflowergames first.

I have about 600 on Steam and by now about 1600 on GOG. When I started on GOG I had about 400 on Steam. Valve chose this.
Post edited April 20, 2022 by neumi5694
low rated
*Drops pants*

Here is my library of 1000+ games, have a long hard look at that number, as thats all you'll ever see of them!

Seriously though even if i added every single game i owned from my NES days onward + my current wishlists, i'd still never make it too 1000.

I'm a gamer that struggles to find the time to finish even half of a 200 game library, not that some of them can ever be "completed" anyway.
low rated
whether you complete games or not you have consumer choice; we came here and now we boycott because of the choices presented.
I would love GOG to change their management and get back on track; but I'm here boycotting until steam represents the only viable alternative because GOG ensures they are no longer an alternative, but just more of the same.
If the ship across the way is worth the deep dive so long GOG; they will have missed their opportunity with this customer and I won't be the only. I'll still visit to remind them or more correctly those newbs that might misguidedly throw them a bone, but why would I put my faith in them again.
low rated
Hi.