It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
skybluerob: I think this boycott is ridiculous. By doing so, you're making it harder for GOG to survive, at least they're committed to DRM free gaming, unlike the other platforms.

If GOG go under, then you've really all shot yourselves (and us) in the foot.

Besides, I'll be honest, I used to be very much in favour of DRM free, but these days, it's so built in that is it really an issue anymore? It's safe to say that Steam will never disappear, and I hope the same can be said of GOG, who I prefer to Steam because they try to have DRM principles.

No company is perfect, maybe GOG should start offering DRM games but clearly state this when selling, I'm sure they're missing out on a lot of sales by not having them in their store.

Seriously have a rethink on this one boycotters, GOG is the most gamer friendly store and we should support it. Not supporting it just makes the Steam and DRM case stronger.

Rob.
Completely true. You should ignore the fake boycotters as they're still buying games from GoG despite "boycotting" GoG. They are the prime examples of hypocrisy.
Time4Tea: Lies
You never answered me on how many games you purchased during the recent sale on GoG. Too ashamed or scared to admit to others that you are a hypocrite with your fake boycott?
Post edited February 02, 2022 by Krogan32
low rated
skybluerob: I think this boycott is ridiculous.
I don't have a lot of time right now, but to quickly respond to your points:

skybluerob: By doing so, you're making it harder for GOG to survive ...

If GOG go under, then you've really all shot yourselves (and us) in the foot ...
As has been said many (many) times before, the aim of the boycott is not to make GOG go under, it is to push for a positive change in direction that respects the promises that GOG has been making to its users for many years. If they are hurting financially due to the boycott and fail to make the changes that are necessary to address their users' concerns, who's fault is that?

The way I see it, they are the ones damaging their own business and shooting themselves in the foot, by continuing to water down their DRM-free principles and test the water with locked games like Hitman 2016. A change of direction to address these issues and refocus on DRM-free is necessary for GOG's survival.

skybluerob: No company is perfect, maybe GOG should start offering DRM games but clearly state this when selling, I'm sure they're missing out on a lot of sales by not having them in their store.
No. If they did that, then they wouldn't be a DRM-free store and they would have no reason to exist. The only reason GOG exists and is making any sales in the first place is because of their (supposedly) firm commitment to DRM-free. If they continue to try to water that down, they will be hurting themselves.

By holding their feet to the fire and insisting they stick to their core principles, we are pushing for a better, healthier store that will have a future.

Many customers have left this store and not signed up on the list or said anything. We are the ones who are sticking around to at least give GOG some honest feedback.
low rated
Time4Tea: Many customers have left this store and not signed up on the list or said anything. We are the ones who are sticking around to at least give GOG some honest feedback.
Ahh, yes... the mythical "many". Here's a real "many"; Many people have left your "boycott" as they saw it for what it truly is once you stated that you are still buying games from GoG: Fraudulent. You can't argue against that fact.
Post edited February 02, 2022 by Krogan32
low rated
skybluerob: If GOG go under, then you've really all shot yourselves (and us) in the foot.
The Wishlist entry for Galaxy on Linux has 32,275 votes. When this is brought up, the song is about how Linux is such a tiny market share that just providing the same service that customers on Windows get would not be profitable. This thread has 115 people on a list. When GOG goes under, it won't be because of this boycott.

skybluerob: Besides, I'll be honest, I used to be very much in favour of DRM free, but these days, it's so built in that is it really an issue anymore? It's safe to say that Steam will never disappear, and I hope the same can be said of GOG, who I prefer to Steam because they try to have DRM principles.
I'm not entirely sure why this is always brought up. The problem with DRM is losing access to games or game content. This has already happened, with Steam, too. Whether or not the service itself disappears is immaterial.

skybluerob: Seriously have a rethink on this one boycotters, GOG is the most gamer friendly store and we should support it. Not supporting it just makes the Steam and DRM case stronger.
Or maybe DRM-free focused customers are such an enthusiast niche audience that Steam would be bad option even without GOG, so they'd petition developers to release on an alternative platform. This also has happened before, to my knowledge.
low rated
skybluerob: If GOG go under, then you've really all shot yourselves (and us) in the foot.
lolplatypus: The Wishlist entry for Galaxy on Linux has 32,275 votes. When this is brought up, the song is about how Linux is such a tiny market share that just providing the same service that customers on Windows get would not be profitable. This thread has 115 people on a list. When GOG goes under, it won't be because of this boycott.

skybluerob: Besides, I'll be honest, I used to be very much in favour of DRM free, but these days, it's so built in that is it really an issue anymore? It's safe to say that Steam will never disappear, and I hope the same can be said of GOG, who I prefer to Steam because they try to have DRM principles.
lolplatypus: I'm not entirely sure why this is always brought up. The problem with DRM is losing access to games or game content. This has already happened, with Steam, too. Whether or not the service itself disappears is immaterial.

skybluerob: Seriously have a rethink on this one boycotters, GOG is the most gamer friendly store and we should support it. Not supporting it just makes the Steam and DRM case stronger.
lolplatypus: Or maybe DRM-free focused customers are such an enthusiast niche audience that Steam would be bad option even without GOG, so they'd petition developers to release on an alternative platform. This also has happened before, to my knowledge.
32k in nearly 7 years are poor numbers. Nobody cares about linux or uses it which is why it has no games or software support, you should know what you are getting yourself into if you are using that dead os.
low rated
lolplatypus: When this is brought up, the song is about how Linux is such a tiny market share that just providing the same service that customers on Windows get would not be profitable.
.Ra: 32k in nearly 7 years are poor numbers. Nobody cares about linux or uses it which is why it has no games or software support, you should know what you are getting yourself into if you are using that dead os.
See?
low rated
.Ra: Nobody cares about linux or uses it which is why it has no games or software support, you should know what you are getting yourself into if you are using that dead os.
Strange that there are currently 1135 Linux versions of games (not including DLC's or other extras) in GoG's catalogue... And long-term users of Linux don't generally need first party support for games they purchase, just as long as there's a good refund policy in place, for the severely broken games that fail to work...
low rated
Time4Tea: Until I see some concrete actions being taken to address the items on this list......
Fwiw, I think that GOG moving to bring more classic games here and also participating more in the forums(several of the staff have done so in a few threads here and there) are at least some positive signs/steps in the right direction.....of course, they could always do more, and what comes of it all & where it goes is still yet to be fully seen.
low rated
Krogan32: Ahh, yes... the mythical "many".
There is nothing at all "mythical" about:

- the millions of dollars that GOG has been losing in recent quarters, as proven with cold hard facts by their own financial reports.

- the many millions of views acquired by various youtubers with 800K - 1 million+ subscribers when they covered GOG's Devotion debacle, which prompted universal outrage against GOG

- the many dozens/hundreds of GOG customers who complained when the Devotion debacle first came about (and many of whom said they were going to leave GOG unless GOG makes things right, and then did leave GOG when GOG completely ignored the debacle).

- the countless posts that complain about GOG games having DRM in them, like Cyberpunk 2077 still does to this day

etc., etc.

lolplatypus: This thread has 115 people on a list. When GOG goes under, it won't be because of this boycott.
As has been pointed out many times prior in this thread, those who are vocal about boycotting GOG are only a small fraction of those who are actually boycotting and/or reducing their spending on GOG.

They may not cause GOG to go under, but they will certainly be a large contributing factor to GOG's demise if & when it does go under.

Or, actually, it's more accurate to say: GOG's choice to ignore and/or do nothing about the issues they raise will be a large contributing factor to GOG's demise, if & when GOG goes under.
Post edited February 03, 2022 by Ancient-Red-Dragon
low rated
lolplatypus: This thread has 115 people on a list. When GOG goes under, it won't be because of this boycott.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: As has been pointed out many times prior in this thread, those who are vocal about boycotting GOG are only a small fraction of those who are actually boycotting and/or reducing their spending on GOG.
That may or may not be the case, but they're the ones participating in this thread. My point was that blaming people participating in the boycott this thread facilitates for endangering GOG's future was misguided. I'm assuming most people who ditched GOG for reasons shared in this thread would not read the appeal not to boycott while simultaneously not have themselves added to the list.
low rated
Krogan32: Ahh, yes... the mythical "many".
Ancient-Red-Dragon: There is nothing at all "mythical" about:

- the millions of dollars that GOG has been losing in recent quarters, as proven with cold hard facts by their own financial reports.
How many of those were from people who just didn't want to buy games? How many were from people who couldn't afford to buy games? I just double-tapped your wishful thinking argument.

Ancient-Red-Dragon: - the many millions of views acquired by various youtubers with 800K - 1 million+ subscribers when they covered GOG's Devotion debacle, which prompted universal outrage against GOG
I watch a few youtubers who are devoted to games. Never heard a single mention of this supposed Devotion scandal. Must not be as bad as you're making it out to be.

Ancient-Red-Dragon: - the many dozens/hundreds of GOG customers who complained when the Devotion debacle first came about (and many of whom said they were going to leave GOG unless GOG makes things right, and then did leave GOG when GOG completely ignored the debacle).
Vocal minority. And, if you did leave GoG, then why are you back on GoG? It seems that you are here just to scream some more about your fake outrages.

Ancient-Red-Dragon: - the countless posts that complain about GOG games having DRM in them, like Cyberpunk 2077 still does to this day

etc., etc.
Are you talking about them using Denuvo on review copies of Cyber 2077? If yes, then that was stupid. However, that didn't affect the general player base. If you're referring to the fluff requiring Galaxy, then that's just you screaming some more. You can still play the game without Galaxy at all. Seriously, if you hate GoG so much, gtfo.

Ancient-Red-Dragon: As has been pointed out many times prior in this thread, those who are vocal about boycotting GOG are only a small fraction of those who are actually boycotting and/or reducing their spending on GOG.
No, you haven't. All you've proven is wishful thinking to fit your narrative of "GoG is bad... but I still buy games from it even though I'm 'boycotting'." Hypocrisy at it's worst.
low rated
Ancient-Red-Dragon: - the many millions of views acquired by various youtubers with 800K - 1 million+ subscribers when they covered GOG's Devotion debacle, which prompted universal outrage against GOG
I think you mean the Hitman GOTY debacle, correct?
(I ask as I didn't see many talking about Devotion on YT back then[thought maybe I missed it?], but they did talk a good deal about Hitman GOTY)
Post edited February 03, 2022 by GamezRanker
low rated
To GamezRanker,

youtube after 'watch?v=' 7wgLOQWCB6U

AngryJoeShow (~3.3m subs) covered the Devotion debacle. Never done a link before but I guess I can't now (requires rep privileges/trick that idk).

Krogan hi, financial boycotter here. Never bought anything since joining but grabbed the giveaways.

Based on reading your previous posts, I'd probably be written off as someone who is new/disqualified for getting giveaways/can't afford/doesn't buy much anyways.

Doesn't bother me that others bought on boycott, I read the fine print when I first joined (boycott to whatever they're comfortable with). Kinda baffled me that others would give Time4Tea a hard time since that disclaimer has been there as part of first post. Still, I agree with the group's motive and appreciate the support for Devotion to be here.

I think you should move on unless this thread's really worth your time.
If we're insignificant as a puddle of water, then why take notice. But if we're making waves, then thanks for helping.
low rated
5P34R: To GamezRanker,

Krogan hi, financial boycotter here. Never bought anything since joining but grabbed the giveaways.

Based on reading your previous posts, I'd probably be written off as someone who is new/disqualified for getting giveaways/can't afford/doesn't buy much anyways.

Doesn't bother me that others bought on boycott, I read the fine print when I first joined (boycott to whatever they're comfortable with). Kinda baffled me that others would give Time4Tea a hard time since that disclaimer has been there as part of first post. Still, I agree with the group's motive and appreciate the support for Devotion to be here.

I think you should move on unless this thread's really worth your time.
If we're insignificant as a puddle of water, then why take notice. But if we're making waves, then thanks for helping.
So, you are a hypocrite then as you are not boycotting GoG when you are receiving free hand outs from GoG. I keep getting proven correct in my assessments of you fake boycotters. ZERO convictions in your boycott. This group''s stance is completely fair-weather. Again, mods, it's time to lock this thread as the whole movement is based on false pretenses.
low rated
*yawns already covered. No one can effect anyone else's boycott; social authority as a form of manipulation doesn't work here Wayne Kerr.