It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
rjbuffchix: That said, I have made the counterpoint in the past that GOG should - in terms of economic rationality - care what their customers think, so if people are on their forum complaining, this should in theory be "good enough" to get GOG to make changes,
Except no company can please everyone, especially the ones who are shouting the loudest. Why should they aim to please your group as you already have an axe to grind, which is why you are so vocal. Not to mention that majority of you are still somewhat pleased with GoG as you are still buying games from them while engaging in a "boycott", which makes it a fake one. It's clear this little group's charade of a boycott has failed.
low rated
Krogan32: Except no company can please everyone, especially the ones who are shouting the loudest.
Since you are shouting the loudest in this topic, does that mean you are unsatisfied and we can add your name to the boycott?
low rated
Krogan32: Except no company can please everyone, especially the ones who are shouting the loudest.
rjbuffchix: Since you are shouting the loudest in this topic, does that mean you are unsatisfied and we can add your name to the boycott?
Cute. Problem is, unlike you, I maintain my convictions on boycotts. Also, unlike you faux boycotters, I am not so contentious to post that I'm boycotting a company on that same company's forums, as if GoG would follow any other company, GoG would've permanently banned you faux boycotters with your very first post.
low rated
Krogan32: Cute.
Hey pal, I know my tagline currently talks about "pr0n Fridays or bust(s)" but that doesn't justify hitting on me.
low rated
richlind33: Are you interested in knowing if you're having any success, or is this protesting for the sake of protesting?
rjbuffchix: I am interested in knowing if the boycott is directly impacting anything, but I do not believe the answer to that is something that will be revealed to us one way or the other.

I believe I have identified the source of our talking-past-one-another; your earlier comment about all that matters is results (or similar, not trying to misquote you). A flaw with results-oriented thinking is that in the absence of knowing the future, it can't tell us now in the present what the right course of action is or isn't.

Think of a sports league in which a team has to draft a rookie player. They do not know if this player will be the next great superstar, or a total bust. But, the draft is happening, so they can't "wait," they must use a process to pick one (simplified example; they could also trade the pick but that would also be using process-oriented thinking in that moment).

Also, it can be "protesting for the sake of protesting" as well; that is a valid means of expression here on the forum and not a bad thing as long as everyone remains relatively chill.
If the purpose of this boycott is to have certain demands met, how is it you're not going to know whether or not you're achieving success? That makes no sense to me.
low rated
richlind33: If the purpose of this boycott is to have certain demands met, how is it you're not going to know whether or not you're achieving success? That makes no sense to me.
It's not going to make sense unless you drop the results-only thinking, so with all due respect we might as well just agree to disagree and move on.
low rated
tfishell: I'm not sure why boycotters apparently haven't posted much about this on other sites, unless it's because they don't want to sign up for other sites like social media.
Some might not want to bother signing up to new sites, and some might dislike/not trust social media sites(privacy/etc) in whole or in part.....and some might not have the time to make new accounts or want to bother doing so. It's likely one/some of those factors for a number of users.

That said, the hitman goty release shows that for some issues enough people will rise to the challenge and make the effort.

=-=-=-=-=
Post 4036:
<Plays Xfiles theme>
Talk about conspiracy theories.
Ok, I admit this post made me chuckle a tiny bit.
Btw, on the topic of the X-files: you DO remember that a good amount of the "con-spiracies" in that show turned out to be true, right? o.0 ;D

=-=-=-=
rjbuffchix: Also, it can be "protesting for the sake of protesting" as well; that is a valid means of expression here on the forum and not a bad thing as long as everyone remains relatively chill.
Tbh I think a good chunk of the current boycotting is (in part) venting......but venting can be as you said, and also therapeutic/etc as well...for those posting such and those reading :)

rjbuffchix: .....so if people are on their forum complaining, this should in theory be "good enough" to get GOG to make changes.....
Let's be honest, Gog(like a number of other companies) seems to mainly only change when their public image(social media/etc) is made to look bad.....and from what i've seen/etc that cannot be done easily(if much at all) by people posting on a communication medium(forum in this case) controlled by said company.

rjbuffchix: Think of a big youtuber...what is the "hook" for them to run a story on old GOG customers being upset?
They get clicks/views and money from such.....and that is a pretty good hook all on it's own. Besides that, defending the greater good of gamers(or appearing to) can also be an enticing hook for them to want to make such content.

=-=-=-=

richlind33: If the purpose of this boycott is to have certain demands met, how is it you're not going to know whether or not you're achieving success? That makes no sense to me.
A number of things people do in general seem to make no sense, yet they do them anyways...such is life ;)
Post edited January 27, 2022 by GamezRanker
low rated
rjbuffchix: It's not going to make sense unless you drop the results-only thinking, so with all due respect we might as well just agree to disagree and move on.
You're claiming it isn't possible to know whether or not this boycott is succeeding, which is preposterous. If GOG were to relist Devotion and agree to 2 of the other demands, as stated in the OP, this boycott would be deemed a success, and rightly so. The only way that's going to happen is if you can exert enough pressure to cancel out whatever benefits GOG expects to receive from doing business with China. Are you going to tell me that it's impossible to know if this boycott is increasing it's support?
low rated
tfishell: I'm not sure why boycotters apparently haven't posted much about this on other sites, unless it's because they don't want to sign up for other sites like social media.
GamezRanker: Some might not want to bother signing up to new sites, and some might dislike/not trust social media sites(privacy/etc) in whole or in part.....and some might not have the time to make new accounts or want to bother doing so. It's likely one/some of those factors for a number of users.

That said, the hitman goty release shows that for some issues enough people will rise to the challenge and make the effort.

=-=-=-=-=

Post 4036:
<Plays Xfiles theme>
Talk about conspiracy theories.
GamezRanker: Ok, I admit this post made me chuckle a tiny bit.
Btw, on the topic of the X-files: you DO remember that a good amount of the "con-spiracies" in that show turned out to be true, right? o.0 ;D
The problem with that thought is that Mulder almost always had some form of evidence that pointed him towards the truth. nightcraw1er.488 has absolutely zero evidence that GoG is using alts to downvote posts, but he spouts it anyways. That is why he should be mocked for his ludicrous statement.
low rated
GamezRanker: Some might not want to bother signing up to new sites, and some might dislike/not trust social media sites(privacy/etc) in whole or in part.....and some might not have the time to make new accounts or want to bother doing so. It's likely one/some of those factors for a number of users.

=-=-=-=-=

Ok, I admit this post made me chuckle a tiny bit.
Krogan32: The problem with that thought is that Mulder almost always had some form of evidence that pointed him towards the truth. nightcraw1er.488 has absolutely zero evidence that GoG is using alts to downvote posts, but he spouts it anyways. That is why he should be mocked for his ludicrous statement.
He made no mention of alts, which illustrates what a ludicrously lousy troll you are.
low rated
Krogan32: The problem with that thought is that Mulder almost always had some form of evidence that pointed him towards the truth. nightcraw1er.488 has absolutely zero evidence that GoG is using alts to downvote posts, but he spouts it anyways. That is why he should be mocked for his ludicrous statement.
richlind33: He made no mention of alts, which illustrates what a ludicrously lousy troll you are.
Alts are bots are the same difference. Anyways, you really should stop projecting your own behaviors onto others.
low rated
richlind33: He made no mention of alts, which illustrates what a ludicrously lousy troll you are.
Krogan32: Alts are bots are the same difference. Anyways, you really should stop projecting your own behaviors onto others.
Alts are human, bots aren't. Which do you prefer?
low rated
Krogan32: Alts are bots are the same difference. Anyways, you really should stop projecting your own behaviors onto others.
richlind33: Alts are human, bots aren't. Which do you prefer?
Bots are alt accounts. Anyways, your trolling is really showing now.
low rated
richlind33: The only way that's going to happen is if you can exert enough pressure to cancel out whatever benefits GOG expects to receive from doing business with China.
Speaking of: I wonder what impact (if any) that country's recent gaming policies have had on Gog sales
low rated
Time4Tea, please move my name to the sympathetic list. I have joined the boycott only because of the Hitman issue and that issue has been addressed. As for the other issues listed, I find them tolerable for now, however, I'll be on full boycott again if GOG even tries to repeat anything similar.