It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
apehater: gog did cut corners again, seems like they fired the people responsible for announcements. we now get very bare bones information in announcements.
You mean the OP posts in release/news threads? Or the blurbs on the front page? Or Both? Also, will they be replaced......or are other staff "taking up the slack", as it were?

apehater: thats mainly why i'm boycotting gog. one gets at best half assed diy solutions for old games instead of out of the box working games.
Well at least such methods work, and tbh I sometimes like to put my old tweak/fix hunting skills to use once again. That said, it can be annoying sometimes when a game takes a bunch of steps to get it working.

apehater: it starts with simple things like music loops not working (quake 2)....
Actually, I believe the music was disabled/cut from Quake/Quake 2 to satisfy some legal requirements......and wasn't because of laziness and/or Gog being cheap.
low rated
Ramor_: Just to clarify that I am not a bot.
That sounds exactly like something a bot would say!
low rated
fronzelneekburm: That sounds exactly like something a bot would say!
Exactly! They could be a bot.....everyone here could be bots! What do we do?!? o.0 ;D
Post edited January 13, 2022 by GamezRanker
low rated
:D
No seriously.. guys.. nobody is bothered that so many games are funded by taxmoney while they are making money off it?
CD Project Red got (at least) 7.5 millions just for Cyberpunk to develop many key components and technologies (they keep - no open source). And instead of publicly aknowledging that on social media and telling you "thanks" and putting the price down they are telling you that 100 percent of money goes to them..? To the most valuable company in the EU, bigger than Ubisoft? Do you even realize how CD Project Red (GOG) is big while they are not putting money into even making you able to delete your profile picture or to make the site work as "intended" so your data are protected?
Some games you get for free here (for a day) as a "freebie" and some guy somewhere is getting rich on the all time were funded by EU gov completely and if you search for those studios it's all purple haired and very political developer teams with political drive to create. They are throwing millions on these things generally after they failed to criminalize and ban those very same games! Yet GOG it uses for advertising purposes here as well, gives it for "free", gets points and you paid it anyway and then your review about it being funded gets shadow-removed... I know that.

Is here some thread where people talk about games funded by taxmoney? Some list? It's much more than you think. Are people sending e-mails to CD Project Red or to GOG and asking about how many millions they recieved completely while they are trying to get a refund for a trash for 60E and can't? You have right to know that. Why are people not boycotting that? I worked with people on the bottom of society (homeless, etc...) in the past and there are no fundings for these things in the EU that you could even compare at all to begin with. I am not talking about refugees that is a completely different song when they get flats funded by gov per person (not a joke) and getting pocket money even for cigarettes for years and officialy.. and they don't have to search for any work like EU homeless people have to while trying to just apply for a critical help they were paying taxmoney their whole life for before they got into that situation (it's an obligatory paperwork - and of course if there is even something to apply for). There are no programs for local homeless people in the EU. Do you know how much would "just" 7.5 millions (euro) solve? Do you know that, if any, local-homeless useless and segregated (from refugees - for a reason to not fund it) shelters across EU are paid like hotels anyway? It cost money to use it, it's not free for homeless plus impossible to apply to if you wanna get out of the situation and actually.. you work. I am not joking. Do you know that anytime you hear about some "great stuff" it means refugees, not actual local-homeless people? But that is not the topic here. Why is gaming, often with political messages and futuristic themes funded? Why it's always a highly political studio and theme? Do you know that? About Cyberpunk? Why is that a thing? Do you know you paid these things? Talk about reasons to boycott GOG. And these things are not "news" at all. Why is nobody talking about it here? That is a real reason.
Post edited January 13, 2022 by Ramor_
low rated
richlind33: Any minute now the brocott will bring GOG to it's knees and force it to acknowledge it's righteous fury.
It's all fun and games and jokes right?...until GOG goes bankrupt.

Then it won't be funny any more when most users lose all or most of their GOG games, since they won't have backups of them (even though it's possible to make backups of GOG's games, realistically, very few people will have a full backup of their whole entire GOG library).

That will be tragic, not funny.

GOG is already losing millions of dollars. And the boycotters are a contributing factor to that. Not just the users who've posted in this thread frequently, but also everyone who is boycotting GOG without speaking up about it on a regular basis, like, for example, the many people who expressed their outrage at the onset of the Devotion debacle, and then stopped buying from GOG, and also stopped posting on the GOG forum too.

GOG is harming it's own financial interests by ignoring the concerns of the boycotters, and by neglecting and/or refusing to do anything to resolve the issues that we bring up.

GOG can pretend in its public statements to shareholders that the sole problem with GOG finances are due only to GOG's previous involvement with the GWENT consortium and nothing else.

But all that pretending isn't really helping GOG in the long-term, because no matter how hard GOG pretends, the money from the legions of customers who GOG has and is continuing to alienate by their total inaction on the issues that the boycotters raise, that money isn't ever going to start flowing back into GOG's coffers, until if and when GOG does decide to make some efforts to address the issues.

Will GOG survive even if they continue to ignore all of the boycotters' issues? Possibly they will, but it's also quite possible they won't.

What is certain is that GOG has very unstable future prospects at the moment in terms of whether or not it will continue to exist in a year, or two, or five, from right now.

And GOG's ignoring of the boycotters concerns is only diminishing those prospects further, past the low levels that they are already at, before the lost money from boycotters not buying GOG's games is factored into GOG's financial troubles.
Post edited January 13, 2022 by Ancient-Red-Dragon
low rated
richlind33: Any minute now the brocott will bring GOG to it's knees and force it to acknowledge it's righteous fury.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: It's all fun and games and jokes right?...until GOG goes bankrupt.
As my grandpappy used to say, "You can crap in one hand and wish in the other and see which one fills up faster."

Considering you faux boycotters are still buying games from GoG, and GoG is still going strong, you are going to have your hands overflowing with crap before your wish comes to pass.
Post edited January 13, 2022 by Krogan32
low rated
How do you know what people buy or not? Not everyone is you.

I deleted all services like Steam, etc.. a very long time ago (Origin, EA, Ubisoft, Nintendo, etc etc... - where I got answer from a support, because even that is hard to get - even if I was not able to remove it (or find contact at all) I removed the e-mail it was based on) with number of games you probably never bought because I am sick of being a milk cow without any right and no ownership and I know about a lot of people doing the absolutely same. Mostly because of privacy issues and the fact that these companies ignore the law on every possible level. People just don't go on the forum of the service after they completely removed their account. Gaming is a problem, because it's not a streaming service but a paid library.

I just kept GOG as the last bastion to play games because of offline installers. And only because of being sad and sick of it I am speaking out because even GOG is a bullsh*t and now I am sure. BECAUSE it was the last place to go to. I wouldn't give a F if this would be just an account without a value because I paid it monthly (wouldn't even have it). It's sad. Because I am literally loosing products if I don't agree with the company which can change ANY day and company can do absolutely anything, anytime without any legal repercussions. The law is practically ABSOLUTELY nonexistent for the customer. Anything resembling practical protection of customers never even existed.
Ok, I bought last year a few games for few cents here (old as F in a sale) to just complete my catalogue but I am literally waiting for a disc huge enough to save my stuff and to delete my "service" even here. I know people not buying a sh*t here at all anymore and I brought people here myself. *************** I know other people that completely threw away smarphone or use linux on it instead as an offline pocket PC, me included. People are getting sick of this nonsense across everything. People speaking out only so others can see that there are not only mindless consuming fanboys out there that are trying hard to be snarky and make themselves look as the majority. That is the problem and damage control on forums. Normal people may think they are a very small minority when they are not.

The problem with the internet is that there is few fanboys being extremelly active to make the reality look different, while in fact if you actually have some friends or just meeting people, you can see that most of people are sick of it too and normal people and more and more people are doing the similiar. More than you would expect. That is why movies, sport and hollywood is absolutely failing and gaming now as well. Gaming is just slower because people accumulated stuff they don't want to loose so some people keep accounts but don't care about buying stuff anymore. Not everyone is a woke sjw mindless zombie confused about the world and themselves, people are actually quite normal as a majority and in certain places out of the internet people like you are the minority. You are just majority as the overly active one on the internet to defend these things.

People like you are the ones that are digging a hole under themselves and think they are clever because they wanna be cool. And if there will be a good change it will be because of majority of people being p*ssed off like us and companies trying to solve it when it threatens their money. Problem is that just people think it's not worth it because of the active fanboys on the internet kissing everyone's ass trying very hard to make it look different. And there is lots of people being paid to do so or affiliated. And some companies are too big and have a lots of money in the bank before it will start hurting them and will not be able to be political, or just suck anymore. No, it's not all to the reality. Most of reasonable people mostly just don't spend time on forums and people like you are just full of themselves. Period.
And probably lots of these defenders like you are also very young...

Nobody cares about the damage done to me when I had to close accounts and lost hundreds of games per service because companies think they are above the law and I don't agree with how they treat my data and operate. Yet, companies can state/change conditions on a whim and you have to legally follow or they will sue you or take your stuff away anytime they wish. And if you actually ask for some rights stated in the contract they will never even bother to reply to you, at all. In a case that companies will even bother themselves to put out a contact address. Or they will use practices as copy pasted no-answer, because they know that most of people are not going to pay a lawyer to deal with it and if - they will just apologize and do it to shut the legal issue down on the spot. If it's very serious they will just fire and hire one person. Companies can make excuse about almost anything and it will fly when normal people can't even come late. Nobody cares. They dictate conditions, you can't. But yet, you are the one who pays.

People are just fed up with it. Everything just takes a bit time to reflect.

[Modded by Sarafan]
Post edited January 14, 2022 by Sarafan
low rated
Ramor_: GOG does lot of shady illegal stuff
How much is Gabe Newell paying you to say this?
low rated
Read the third sentence again about me deleting Steam ages ago.
low rated
Krogan32: As my grandpappy used to say, "You can crap in one hand and wish in the other and see which one fills up faster."

Considering you faux boycotters are still buying games from GoG, and GoG is still going strong, you are going to have your hands overflowing with crap before your wish comes to pass.
Mine was fond of that idiom too :)

I think it is a misnomer to say GOG is "going strong." GOG is surviving in their place in the market for the time being, but someone like me sees so much more potential with GOG than what they are attaining right now.

Also, our "wish" is for GOG to improve. Literally no one is calling for GOG to go under. The whole point of the boycotting is for GOG to reverse course since we think various things they've done increases the risk of them going under.

If people here wanted GOG to go under, they wouldn't be participating in this topic and giving feedback, regardless of whether they still buy or not. If you believe differently, please offer refutation and proof of your mindreading abilities.
low rated
Ramor_: Read the third sentence again about me deleting Steam ages ago.
That doesn't necessarily preclude you from taking bribes from Gaben. Maybe you're just trying to cover your tracks!

I ask you again - and remember you're under oath! - : How much is Gabe Newell paying you to say this?
low rated
Let us dissect all of your lies.
rjbuffchix: I think it is a misnomer to say GOG is "going strong." GOG is surviving in their place in the market for the time being, but someone like me sees so much more potential with GOG than what they are attaining right now.
I can read financial statements. Their last quarterly one shows a 38% increase in sales from the same period last year. However, the expenses were higher as well, which is why there was a net loss. If you didn't include the saddling of the expenses associated with GWENT due to GWENT having nothing to do with GoG, then that loss actually turns into a profit. So, no, 38% increase in sales isn't a decline as you intentionally claim it is.

rjbuffchix: Also, our "wish" is for GOG to improve. Literally no one is calling for GOG to go under. The whole point of the boycotting is for GOG to reverse course since we think various things they've done increases the risk of them going under.
Uh huh... not buying it for one second. You trash GoG on a daily basis, as does many of the faux boycotters proving that you despise the company on a public level. However, all of you faux boycotters still support GoG through your secret purchases of games on GoG. So, that means you are either hypocrites in your claims of boycotting GoG yet still buying games from GoG, or just trolls screaming for attention via your faux stance? So, which is it?
low rated
Krogan32: Let us dissect all of your lies.
rjbuffchix: I think it is a misnomer to say GOG is "going strong." GOG is surviving in their place in the market for the time being, but someone like me sees so much more potential with GOG than what they are attaining right now.
Krogan32: I can read financial statements. Their last quarterly one shows a 38% increase in sales from the same period last year. However, the expenses were higher as well, which is why there was a net loss. If you didn't include the saddling of the expenses associated with GWENT due to GWENT having nothing to do with GoG, then that loss actually turns into a profit. So, no, 38% increase in sales isn't a decline as you intentionally claim it is.
You quoted my comment to make this response. I said that "GOG is surviving in their place in the market for the time being." I didn't even mention financial statements, let alone make specific claims about them in this comment. "Lies", indeed :)

Krogan32: You trash GoG on a daily basis, as does many of the faux boycotters proving that you despise the company on a public level. However, all of you faux boycotters still support GoG through your secret purchases of games on GoG. So, that means you are either hypocrites in your claims of boycotting GoG yet still buying games from GoG, or just trolls screaming for attention via your faux stance? So, which is it?
You are either making ad hominem personal attacks or just a false dilemma fallacy? Those are totally the only two options, so which is it? Lol.

Hypocrisy is a weak charge that has no bearing on whether or not a position is valid, justified, true, etc. This is because to talk about "hypocrisy" is to discuss actions of adherents while to talk about a position is to discuss ideas themselves. I'm interested in discussing ideas, not playing gossip games. Please consider joining me.

As I've mentioned in other posts, an offshoot of your logic is that we could say boycotters must also take steps to post on social media about boycotting GOG, tell people in real life, etc. After all, they aren't truly committed if they can't take those steps too, right?

Btw I know others don't want to engage with you (surely they can't see the charming manner that I'm sure is hidden away somewhere in there), so these points are more for the benefit of lurkers than directly between you and I.
low rated
As I pointed out in my own, now locked, Boycott thread, I fully intend to keep my boycott going for the duration of 2022 as well. And if the current state of support (the keyword being: chatbot) and the latest news posts (the keyword being: lazy-beyond-comprehension) are any indication, I expect things to get a LOT worse instead of getting better.

HOWEVER, since this is apparently now a boycott with lots of ifs and buts, I may decide to make an exception for certain games IF gog happens to release them this year. The games in question are:
Kane & Lynch 1&2
Mini Ninjas
One Finger Death Punch
Scarface: The World is Yours
Detention
Devotion
Hunter Hunted
Underworld Ascendant
Lost in Vivo
Trespasser
White Day: A Labyrinth Named School
Rouge Warrior
Hatred (provided that it has mod support)

Also, Terminator Resistance it it gets a 50(+)% discount.

If gog releases any of these, they lucked out and get some pity-dough from yours truly. If they don't, well... maybe BroscienceEngineer has a few extra renminbi to toss their way. ;P
low rated
Ancient-Red-Dragon: ...
I think the main reasons GOG is losing money (besides Galaxy and Gwent I guess) are because of significant 2nd class citizen issues (lacking patches behind Steam or missing DLC) and no real reason to shop here like years ago as publishers now put their "good old games" on Steam as well (fewer exclusives). I think you're making the Devotion boycott out to be bigger than it actually is, though certainly a factor for some. For instance, the 2nd class citizen problem is ongoing and pointed out daily in the "2nd class citizen" thread, and I think that's more in the "gamer consciousness" / front of PC gamers' minds compared to GOG's rejection Devotion.