It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Wait, we're having this conversation again? We've had it a page or two back. And a page or two before that and a page or two before that.

It's like every other page some oxygen thief comes along and feels the need to enlighten everybody with his idea of what constitutes a boycott. "Hurr durr, it's not a real boycott unless you delete your account!"
DoomSooth: It's like saying "I'm leaving now.
No. Saying "I'm leaving now" would be like saying "I'm leaving now". Saying "I'm not buying now" means "I'm not buying now".

DoomSooth: It isn't going to be taken seriously unless those people leave and never return.
If they leave and never return, why would GOG care about doing anything to appease them?
nightcraw1er.488: Why not? You have to be involved to make a difference. As for free games, why not? I have spent a fortune here of the long time I have been a member, why should I refuse myself something which they offer to everyone with an account for free? The boycot is trying to effect change, nothing else.
DoomSooth: It's like saying "I'm leaving now. Don't make me do it, man! I'm really going and I won't come back. Nope. Never ever. You won't see me again. I mean it. This is the last straw. I'm counting to 3. One... Two... Two and one-one millionth..."

It isn't going to be taken seriously unless those people leave and never return.
It’s not like that at all. I never said I was going anywhere. I am simply not spending any money through the store until such time as change happens. Has change happened? Have I spent any money? Thus boycot is in effect.
DoomSooth: It's like saying "I'm leaving now. Don't make me do it, man! I'm really going and I won't come back. Nope. Never ever. You won't see me again. I mean it. This is the last straw. I'm counting to 3. One... Two... Two and one-one millionth..."

It isn't going to be taken seriously unless those people leave and never return.
No. None of the boycotters are saying they are 'leaving'. The boycott is about not buying games on GOG for this year, because some people are opposed to recent decisions that have been made. Also, as others have pointed out, the goal of the boycott is as a protest, to send a message and push for positive change. You have to stay involved with the community, in order to do that.
low rated
If they aren't leaving then they aren't boycotting. Mind you, I don't want anyone to leave. It's fine if you stay. Just don't call it a boycott when you're still here and active.
Post edited June 27, 2021 by DoomSooth
DoomSooth: If they aren't leaving then they aren't boycotting.
You know, repeating things doesn't make them true.
low rated
Breja: You know, repeating things doesn't make them true.
That's right. So why do you keep telling me the dictionary is wrong? Everyone knows not to take you seriously, anyway. You've admitted to being a troll and a malcontent because you think it's your birthright or something. *shrug*

If you're going to troll then you should never admit to it. Real trolls know better.
DoomSooth: That's right. So why do you keep telling me the dictionary is wrong? Everyone knows not to take you seriously, anyway. You've admitted to being a troll and a malcontent because you think it's your birthright or something. *shrug*

If you're going to troll then you should never admit to it. Real trolls know better.
Boycott, to abstain from using OR buying from:
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/boycott
DoomSooth: That's right. So why do you keep telling me the dictionary is wrong?
Perhaps you should actually use one.

DoomSooth: You've admitted to being a troll and a malcontent because you think it's your birthright or something. *shrug*
And now you're just being a raving lunatic. Great.

Anyway, your trolling is both pathetic and redundant. Try to formulate some actual counter-arguments to what you've been told, or "leave and never return" to this thread.
Time4Tea: Yeah, that's quite a while. Were you looking to be added to the list?
Yes, please.
low rated
DoomSooth: That's right. So why do you keep telling me the dictionary is wrong?
Breja: Perhaps you should actually use one.
"the process or an instance of joining with others in refusing to deal with someone (as a person, organization, or country) as a way of protesting or forcing changes"

How can you refuse to deal with GOG if you're here dealing with GOG?

As for me leaving, that's not going to happen. I'm happy here.

You're not happy here, though, so why are you notcotting?
DoomSooth:
I appreciate your valiant efforts to keep the boycott thread on the front page.
Breja: Perhaps you should actually use one.
DoomSooth: "the process or an instance of joining with others in refusing to deal with someone (as a person, organization, or country) as a way of protesting or forcing changes"

How can you refuse to deal with GOG if you're here dealing with GOG?

As for me leaving, that's not going to happen. I'm happy here.

You're not happy here, though, so why are you notcotting?
I think the confusion might stem from your misunderstanding of the meaning of the phrase "to deal with" in the sentence you have quoted. It means there "to have commercial transactions with", not "to cope with" or "to be concerned with" or "to take care of".

If one does not buy from GOG, one does not deal with GOG, regardless of how many times one posts on the forum or how many times one claims free games or how many times one plays one's owned games.
Post edited June 27, 2021 by mrkgnao
low rated
mrkgnao: I think the confusion might stem from your misunderstanding of the meaning of the phrase "to deal with" in the sentence you have quoted.
You're dealing with GOG just by using the website.
low rated
Time4Tea: I appreciate your valiant efforts to keep the boycott thread on the front page.
I'm not sure that makes a difference though, unfortunately.

It seems that from GOG's point of view, their strategy has "succeeded," their strategy to say and and do absolutely nothing in regards to the Devotion scandal, after having published their initial "many messages from gamers" lie.

As GOG had hoped, for the most part, the scandal has "blown over" and other than in this thread, and maybe an occasional post once in a blue moon in other random threads, no one ever talks about it any more.

And the support for the boycott in this thread probably isn't strong enough for it to be a meaningful boycott in GOG's eyes.

Plus, this scandal never gets any more media coverage.

The majority of GOG customers and the public don't seem to care any more.

Most people seem to have completely forgotten about the scandal by now.

Don't get me wrong: I'm not saying it's a good thing that GOG's refusal to apologize and be transparent and make things right (i.e. unbanning Devotion from GOG) has "succeeded", but I'm just stating what is the unfortunate reality.

This also sets a disturbing precedent for all future scandals that GOG will be involved with, since their bosses have now learned that the strategy to say and do nothing until the scandal blows over is a successful one that will allow them to "win" and never need to worry about being held accountable for any future nefarious actions or inactions on their parts.
Post edited June 27, 2021 by Ancient-Red-Dragon