It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

If you like indie games as much as we do, don't hesitate to join our cool contest for a chance to win 1 of 4 bundles with 6 titles such as Haven, Narita Boy and Noita!

To enter, simply tell us what is your favorite indie game and why.

The contest ends on July 28th, 3 PM UTC.
Darkwood is my current favorite indie game. It has a great soundtrack, interesting story, & definitely sets the mood for a horror game. It also has a good day & night cycle where night time is definitely a scary time! Some nights will be peaceful & some are absolutely crazy. By the end of the game, I got the feeling that the game liked to mess with me. I really think the developer should get more recognition for making a great game!
Papers, Please is best indie game!

Is best game in Arstotzka!

Is only game in Arstotzka......
In addition to it's significant pop cultural relevance, thumping darkwave soundtrack, psychologically disconcerting storyline with tight violent gameplay, the obvious winner is Hotline Miami

Edited because I thought I could've done a better job, that's the best I've got though.
Post edited July 20, 2021 by bad_fur_day1
GOG.com: If you like indie games as much as we do, don't hesitate to join our cool contest for a chance to win 1 of 4 bundles with 6 titles such as Haven, Narita Boy and Noita!

My favorite game is What reamins of edith finch.No game has made me reflect on the value of family, considering its mistakes and successes. Also, the final scene is an experience that made me cry when I remembered my mother
stardew valley

has good pixel art and neat music and high replayability and is fun and is cool and is nice and is ported to many systems and has a low price and is in bundles and is on sale sometimes and is other stuff.
Post edited July 20, 2021 by fairuza
Antichamber. It was a really unique experience, clever puzzles and wasn't like anything released at the time.
Noita is my current favorite, it made me feel like a kid again with how much there was to explore and experiment with.
There are games I've put countless hours into like Rimworld, Dwarf Fortress, Factorio or Stardew Valley.

But Antichamber is a game, that showed me how my brain functions in a very predictable way. It exploits how we are used to certain mechanics and expectations in games. It encourages the player to think differently about how to do things. What blew me away was, that I seriously noticed how my thought-process was changed for a few days after finishing the game. I was more creative and able to look at problems from completely different angles. That is a feeling I will never forget. When the day comes and I will play it again, I hope I forgot enough about it to have that awesome feeling again.
It's not on GOG (yet?), but I would have to go with Recursed. It's a puzzle game about chests containing entire rooms, and things get funky when you need to bring rooms outside of rooms into other rooms that repeat. The level progression is pretty much perfect, and you need to think logically and use your intuition to solve them unlike most puzzle games that rely more on trial and error instead.

It's a very obscure game, and I wish more people would give it a shot as it's tons of fun and constantly fresh until a full game completion!
Slay the spire - I've played it on multiple devices and platforms over the course of a few years now and am still really enjoying new runs A really fun mix of rouge like and deck building.
Hades is great, been playing the hell (ha pun!) out of it though I think that would be an obvious choice. For my not so obvious choice I would say Lovecraft Untold Stories! There's something bout that game that just makes me mad (ha another pun!)
I enjoy the world that was created in Underrail, it was inspired by games i enjoyed very much and miss playiing now. The wide range of skills / crafting make it interesting even to see differences between playthroughs.
Grimoire : Heralds of the Winged Exemplar

One of the best RPGs I have ever played; long, ellaborated, and created with love, which is the main feature of indie games.
GOG.com: If you like indie games as much as we do, don't hesitate to join our cool contest for a chance to win 1 of 4 bundles with 6 titles such as Haven, Narita Boy and Noita!

Moonlighter was a pleasent surprise, the action element of the rougelite dungeon mechanic followed by the peaceful, yet sometimes hectic, shop keep half was something I wasn't expecting to like.
Ghost of a Tale is one of the best, most classically designed games I've had the pleasure of playing. The Redwall aesthetic makes it that much better.