It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Broken Age

Gone Home (Really? A game so bad you could only sell it by hiding it in the pool?)

Omerta

Anodyne

Dreamfall:The Longest Journey

Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers

Elminage Gothic

Apotheon

Risen

Evil Genius

T-t-thanks GoG. I mean why bother having this system if people are more likely to get games that are shovelware, 2deep4u gaming journalist-bait, poorly thought out remakes, or games made by really crummy people (looking at you Tim Schafer)?

The only two that I got that might be decent are Risen and evil Genius, but I haven't played the first two Gothic games, which I want to play before that.

I really wish you could get a refund for games you don't want to play out of principle, but I guess I'll just grit my teeth and bear my wounds.

Thanks for making this thread. I just wish I read it sooner.
Post edited December 13, 2015 by J0llyR0ger
J0llyR0ger: Broken Age

Gone Home (Really? A game so bad you could only sell it by hiding it in the pool?)

Omerta

Anodyne

Dreamfall:The Longest Journey

Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers

Elminage Gothic

Apotheon

Risen

Evil Genius

T-t-thanks GoG. I mean why bother having this system if people are more likely to get games that are shovelware, 2deep4u gaming journalist-bait, poorly thought out remakes, or games made by really crummy people (looking at you Tim Schafer)?

The only two that I got that might be decent are Risen and evil Genius, but I haven't played the first two Gothic games, which I want to play before that.

I really wish you could get a refund for games you don't want to play out of principle, but I guess I'll just grit my teeth and bear my wounds.

Thanks for making this thread. I just wish I read it sooner.
No real reason to have to play the first two Gothics before Risen. Some mechanics are very similar and there's a certain "feel" to them, an atmosphere, but no connection in terms of story or characters and the controls are noticeably better in Risen.

And you can get refunds, though the first option is to get them as store credit probably.
I was hoping to get Risk of Rain or something that was in my wishlist, but I received Race Driver: Grid and Legend of Grimrock 2. I know they are decent games, but I'm not a racing fan and my laptop can't run Legend of Grimrock 2, so I'm asking for store credit.
I think GOG should prioritize games that are in your wish-list when they have a mystery game sale rather than giving you anything at random which will lead to something that you already own or not interested in. Does anyone agree?
Post edited December 13, 2015 by BrokenBull
BrokenBull: I think GOG should prioritize games that are in your wish-list when they have a mystery game sale rather than giving you anything at random which will lead to something that you already own or not interested in. Does anyone agree?
Wouldn't really work, I believe, as it is too easy to exploit. Before buying a mystery game, one could simply empty one's wishlist and leave only one game from the mystery list to more-or-less guarantee the identity of the mystery game.

And it's not entirely at random, they do prioritise games that you do not own (on GOG).
Cavalary: And you can get refunds, though the first option is to get them as store credit probably.
That's good to hear. I don't mind the store credit as long as it means getting some of those games out of my library.

How do you do this though? Is it just like the how you refund for technical problems?
Post edited December 13, 2015 by J0llyR0ger
Cavalary: And you can get refunds, though the first option is to get them as store credit probably.
J0llyR0ger: That's good to hear. I don't mind the store credit as long as it means getting some of those games out of my library.

How do you do this though? Is it just like the how you refund for technical problems?
Yes. Through "Contact Us".
mrkgnao: Yes. Through "Contact Us".
Thanks for the help.
I tried it a couple more times before the sale ends. I got Star Ruler 2 and Space Colony. I think gog is trying to tell me something.
I wasn't gonna get any, but this thread got me interested so I picked one up and got Anna's Quest, which I hadn't heard of but looks good.

Went for one more and got: Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today
Post edited December 13, 2015 by Tooms
Didn't purchase a single game from the mystery pile this year. The odds of getting something I want are really, really small. I did pick up the King's Quest games I was missing for < $2 each from the sale and Loom for a similar price. Would definitely much rather have games I know are great than risk it on a possible duplicate or throwaway game. I'm usually a sucker for these blind bundles too!
I got:

Space Colony HD

Legend of Grimrock 2

Amnesia: The Dark Descent
InsaneWizzard: I got:

Space Colony HD

Legend of Grimrock 2

Good haul if you didn't own these already. :)
Not familiar with Space Colony but I can vouch for the other two.
InsaneWizzard: I got:

Space Colony HD

Legend of Grimrock 2

Dgaart: Good haul if you didn't own these already. :)
Not familiar with Space Colony but I can vouch for the other two.
I've heard of Space Colony...sounds alright. I was afraid I might get something I already have...but thankfully I avoided that. :)
Got Hot Tin Roof: The Cat That Wore A Fedora
Never heard of... I think it will be cool to get back to the adventure genre on Xmas brake :)
DampSquib: Octodad: Dadliest Catch

Airline Tycoon Deluxe

Meridian: New World

Shantae: Risky's Revenge - Director's Cut

Rogue Legacy

Strike Suit Zero: Director's Cut

Moebius: Empire Rising

Gave it one last try, Two to my taste....ho hum.
Strike Suit looks good and the reviews paint it as half decent, makes up for yet another point and click.
Strike Suit Zero is the closest gundam-esque game you can find nowadays. It's good.