It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

...and several hours later I still have:
A 'mystery game' ...

I should try buying another one to see if checkout is still borked for me as well..
jpsala.968: Rogue Galaxy
Jade Empire: Special Edition
Elminage Gothic
Rogue Galaxy? That's a PS2 exclusive.
cutterjohn: ...and several hours later I still have:
A 'mystery game' ...
GOG promised to get them all fixed by tomorrow-ish.
Bought four "Mystery Games"
- Anodyne
Already got that. And once cost LESS than the mystery game price. HUGE fail.

-Brütal Legend.
Famous for sucking. Big Time. Fail

-Jade Empire
Runs only on Windows. I'm Mac only. Fail

-Gone Home.
Bad Indy game no one gives a toss about. Fail.

Can I get a refund????
Post edited December 02, 2015 by GeekJenny
GeekJenny: Bought four "Mystery Games"
- Anodyne
Already got that. And once cost LESS than the mystery game price. HUGE fail.

-Brütal Legend.
Famous for sucking. Big Time. Fail

-Jade Empire
Runs only on Windows. I'm Mac only. Fail

-Gone Home.
Bad Indy game no one gives a toss about. Fail.

Can I get a refund????
As long you don't download the games you can. And Brutal Legend isn't that bad, it has great music ;)
cutterjohn: ...and several hours later I still have:
A 'mystery game' ...

I should try buying another one to see if checkout is still borked for me as well..
I'm pretty much in this same boat. But I'm concerned that getting another game will just get you another Mystery game at this point.

At the beginning of the sale there were only 13 of the listed games I didn't have(On GOG, I have some of these elsewhere):

A Golden Wake
Agarest: Generations of War
Airline Tycoon Deluxe
Anna's Quest
Aquaria
Breach & Clear
Breach & Clear: Deadline
Cities in Motion
Elminage Gothic
Gabriel Knight 20th Anniversary
Shantae: Risky's Revenge - Director's Cut
Supreme League of Patriots Season Pass
Train Fever

The first mystery game I got was A Golden Wake leaving 12 I didn't have.
And then it gave me the mystery game bug.

Since it prioritizes games you don't have I'm worried I'll just get another mystery game since I don't think the period has reset for a new "supply" but there are definitely some games there I want. Gabriel Knight 20th Anniversary and then Airline Tycoon being the most wanted by me. (Agarest and Eminage gothic are the only ones I don't think I care for).
Well alright then. I got me a Rogue Legacy.
Glad I checked this thread before I gambled :| disappointment seems to be the tune everyone is singing to and there isn't much on that list I would want. Think I'll pass on this one.
adaliabooks: Ok... I can't actually associate the Ids with games directly (GoG are apparently not that stupid) but if people can find the ids of the game before they buy them you can then tie them up to the id and people can see what they will get before they buy...

But it does require that people find the ids and buy the game (so they can be associated).

I can tell you there are 56 possible games.

If you want to help just run this script snippet in the console (on the front page before clicking to add the Pinata) to find the ID and say what game you got when you bought it.

angular.element(document.querySelectorAll('.hide-on-pinata-finished')).scope().pinata._pinataProducts._availab lePiniataId;
(remove any line breaks the forum has added)
mrkgnao: I attempted the same in the previous (Pinata) sale and Johny. from GOG informed me that this will not work as the decision is made as part of the purchase operation on the server, not as part of the pre-checkout on the client. But it might be different this time.
Right now, if I attempt to buy a mystery game, it is consistently telling me that it has to be a gift order because there is a game in the cart that I already own. It wasn't doing that during the pinata sale and it can't know that I already own a title if it hasn't been determined yet, so I *think* it's possible that something's been updated this time to where the mystery game is actually known before checkout, whether we can actually find a way tell what it is or not is another question.
mrkgnao: You have to give them credit for using meanigfully-named variables like a, b, c, d and for initialising all of them as part of the for loop. Would love to see GOG's coding convention document.
The script is minified, which is considered a best practice for deploying JavaScript in production.
mrkgnao: I attempted the same in the previous (Pinata) sale and Johny. from GOG informed me that this will not work as the decision is made as part of the purchase operation on the server, not as part of the pre-checkout on the client. But it might be different this time.
yyahoo: Right now, if I attempt to buy a mystery game, it is consistently telling me that it has to be a gift order because there is a game in the cart that I already own. It wasn't doing that during the pinata sale and it can't know that I already own a title if it hasn't been determined yet, so I *think* it's possible that something's been updated this time to where the mystery game is actually known before checkout, whether we can actually find a way tell what it is or not is another question.
Do you have a pending "Mystery Game" in your orders (from the GOG bug)? That could explain the "already owned".
Post edited December 02, 2015 by mrkgnao
Does this mean that King's Bounty series, Brutal Legend and other good games from this thread will not have discounted price during this Winter Sale?
yyahoo: Right now, if I attempt to buy a mystery game, it is consistently telling me that it has to be a gift order because there is a game in the cart that I already own. It wasn't doing that during the pinata sale and it can't know that I already own a title if it hasn't been determined yet, so I *think* it's possible that something's been updated this time to where the mystery game is actually known before checkout, whether we can actually find a way tell what it is or not is another question.
mrkgnao: Do you have a pending "Mystery Game" in your orders (from the GOG bug)? That could explain the "already owned".
Ohhhhhh, yes I do.... Okay, that makes sense (in a bizarre way). Nevermind then.
Post edited December 02, 2015 by yyahoo
vech32: Does this mean that King's Bounty series, Brutal Legend and other good games from this thread will not have discounted price during this Winter Sale?
I think theyll get a discount, but they wont be discounted as high as they are in this (mystery game) form.
Post edited December 02, 2015 by NuffCatnip
Not falling for this again! ...I've had less than stellar results in all the previous incarnations,