It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Herzlich Willkommen!

GOG.com goes German. Not completely, mind you, but starting today we'll be spreading our DRM-free love in one more language. Whether you're here because of the news, or you've been with us for a while, here is what we're doing to make our German speaking friends feel a little more welcome on GOG.com:

-A German version of our website. You can change your language using the drop-down menu towards the bottom of every page.
-A German corner of our forums. Your home away from home.
-German customer support. If you're more comfortable talking to us in your native language.
-More games in German. We're rolling out 25+ German localisations for our games today, bringing the total up to 350+.

No big announcement would be complete without a huge sale! This weekend we're holding the German-riffic <span class="bold">Herzlich Willkommen!</span> promo. The highlight is a ridiculous 97% off Deponia, but there are over 25 other German gaming hits available as well. There is adventuring with the remaining Deponia games, the cult strategy of The Settlers, the tough and turn-based tactics in Blackguards 1 and 2, and many, many more feats of German game design.

Check out <span class="bold">the weekend promo page</span> to see the full lineup. The promo will last until Tuesday, March 3, at 4:59 AM GMT.

Update:
Two games from our catalog had to be made unavailable in Germany: Commandos Ammo Pack and Commandos 2+3. Offering or promoting these games is considered a serious criminal offence according to German law, and we have to abide by this law to avoid the risk of serious legal action taken against GOG.com and GOG.com employees. Rest assured that if you've already bought a game - nothing will retroactively disappear from your shelves.
Post edited February 27, 2015 by Chamb
d2t: Your story would even make sense, except they informed about HM2 lock yesterday the moment the game was released. Doesn't strike me as sweeping regional lock topic under the carpet. As for today, keep in mind they were changing list / number of games banned before posting about it. But I guess you know better.

Also, speaking of funny things, I actually find it funny that you're still on this site considering your knowledge on their purposeful evil approach. Tell me - did you buy any games in the recent months here considering how unhappy you are with their past actions? Or are you happy about them and supporting them, but complaining for the sports?
"We are locking this one game" is different from "we will be locking games from now on on a regular basis, and retroactively lock games that have been sold for years". It's a difference as major as "these three games will have regional pricing" and then retroactively apply regional pricing to many other games without warning anyone, which is what I was comparing it to.

I complain for the sports, it's fun. Going around shouting "boicot!" every time a company does anything I don't 100% agree with is even more fun, but I'm sting trainig. I apologize for not managing to be fanatically idiotic enough for your taste, I'll try harder next time.
is there a way as german user to get the "classic" gog version? i would prefer the uncut versions over the translatet....and i guess there will be more games banned or censored in the future for the german version...
high rated
MightyTallestZim: And I will apply my money to sites that don't do that shit in the future.
realkman666: Are there any that you can use without a VPN?
Hi,

I know that today's German launch is being met with a mixed reaction but could you at very least change your avatar? I don't think greeting German posters with a swastika during the German language launch of our site sets the best example of our community.
JudasIscariot: I know that today's German launch is being met with a mixed reaction but could you at very least change your avatar? I don't think greeting German posters with a swastika during the German language launch of our site sets the best example of our community.
I go to 4chan all the time.
I've seen so many damn swastikas.
high rated
ZombieIX: is there a way as german user to get the "classic" gog version? i would prefer the uncut versions over the translatet....and i guess there will be more games banned or censored in the future for the german version...
Look, I'll say this straight:

We already have the officially censored German versions of games (System Shock 2, I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream, Shadow Man) alongside their uncensored English counterparts so if you see a game for sale and it has an English and German version, you have the choice of playing the English version without fear of ONLY getting the cut German version.

JudasIscariot: I know that today's German launch is being met with a mixed reaction but could you at very least change your avatar? I don't think greeting German posters with a swastika during the German language launch of our site sets the best example of our community.
Swonker: I go to 4chan all the time.
That's great but this isn't 4chan. Please try to understand our perspective on this matter :)
Post edited February 27, 2015 by JudasIscariot
JudasIscariot: That's great but this isn't 4chan. Please try to understand our perspective on this matter :)
I didn't say that was good. Swastikas are offensive and vulgar.
I kinda....amazed by prices...or completely loss of any logic here.
for example
Deponia 1 - 0.50$
Deponia 2 - 6$
Deponia 3 - 1.39$
Thanks for 0.50 deal, but how is deponia 2 more expensive then Deponia 3?

But, putting that all aside, nice promo and, huge discounts!
The 'no compromise' speech:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6P3yOTR2Vc#t=21m32s
... because of their policies we couldn't make a one world one price and we couldn't make a deal without regional restriction. We would have to cut out the country. So we actually decided to give up on them. And that was nice money...
(21:58)

I miss you guys!
high rated
JudasIscariot: That's great but this isn't 4chan. Please try to understand our perspective on this matter :)
Swonker: I didn't say that was good. Swastikas are offensive and vulgar.
Sorry if I came off a bit ...brusque.
JudasIscariot: Sorry if I came off a bit ...brusque.
It's all good
realkman666: Are there any that you can use without a VPN?
JudasIscariot: Hi,

I know that today's German launch is being met with a mixed reaction but could you at very least change your avatar? I don't think greeting German posters with a swastika during the German language launch of our site sets the best example of our community.
Yes, being offended for other people now. Great. Should take a few minutes to update.
Redfern: I kinda....amazed by prices...or completely loss of any logic here.
for example
Deponia 1 - 0.50$
Deponia 2 - 6$
Deponia 3 - 1.39$

Deponia 3 is regionally priced, at least in Russia.
Another example is The Witcher 3 whitch is cheaper than The Witcher 2 in your region :)
Yeah, the logic
Post edited February 27, 2015 by zambrey
Lemon_Curry: The 'no compromise' speech:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6P3yOTR2Vc#t=21m32s (21:58)

I miss you guys!
So... Will they look at Capcom and Take 2 now? Asshats. "No compromise" has become "well... We'll just bend over and take it so you can too!!"
ZombieIX: is there a way as german user to get the "classic" gog version? i would prefer the uncut versions over the translatet....and i guess there will be more games banned or censored in the future for the german version...
JudasIscariot: Look, I'll say this straight:

We already have the officially censored German versions of games (System Shock 2, I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream, Shadow Man) alongside their uncensored English counterparts so if you see a game for sale and it has an English and German version, you have the choice of playing the English version without fear of ONLY getting the cut German version.

Swonker: I go to 4chan all the time.
the problem is that for example every version with swastikas or other nazi themes are forbitten to sell...same for extra brutal games like condenmed (well its not really that brutal but in germany forbitten to sell) or dead island...i dont think that the list for the german banned games will stay that short....the german censorship is one of the most annoying things when it comes to games...

hope at least the uncut english versions will stay...
Post edited February 27, 2015 by ZombieIX
Redfern: I kinda....amazed by prices...or completely loss of any logic here.
for example
Deponia 1 - 0.50$
Deponia 2 - 6$
Deponia 3 - 1.39$

zambrey: Deponia 3 is regionally priced, at least in Russia.
The Witcher 3 is cheaper than The Witcher 2 in your region :)
Yeah, the logic
Yeah, probably...