It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Herzlich Willkommen!

GOG.com goes German. Not completely, mind you, but starting today we'll be spreading our DRM-free love in one more language. Whether you're here because of the news, or you've been with us for a while, here is what we're doing to make our German speaking friends feel a little more welcome on GOG.com:

-A German version of our website. You can change your language using the drop-down menu towards the bottom of every page.
-A German corner of our forums. Your home away from home.
-German customer support. If you're more comfortable talking to us in your native language.
-More games in German. We're rolling out 25+ German localisations for our games today, bringing the total up to 350+.

No big announcement would be complete without a huge sale! This weekend we're holding the German-riffic <span class="bold">Herzlich Willkommen!</span> promo. The highlight is a ridiculous 97% off Deponia, but there are over 25 other German gaming hits available as well. There is adventuring with the remaining Deponia games, the cult strategy of The Settlers, the tough and turn-based tactics in Blackguards 1 and 2, and many, many more feats of German game design.

Check out <span class="bold">the weekend promo page</span> to see the full lineup. The promo will last until Tuesday, March 3, at 4:59 AM GMT.

Update:
Two games from our catalog had to be made unavailable in Germany: Commandos Ammo Pack and Commandos 2+3. Offering or promoting these games is considered a serious criminal offence according to German law, and we have to abide by this law to avoid the risk of serious legal action taken against GOG.com and GOG.com employees. Rest assured that if you've already bought a game - nothing will retroactively disappear from your shelves.
Post edited February 27, 2015 by Chamb
weber1980: Great ! Looking forward to the german The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav lokalisation, which is a bit paradox since it's a german game. Any news to that?
JudasIscariot: You should actually ask Daedalic about that one as I really have no idea what's going on with the German localization of TDE: Chains of Satinav. Sorry :(
here you go, I already asked them about it:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general_de/warum_ist_patrician_12_in_der_herzlich_willkommenpromo_aufgefhrt/post6
Klumpen0815: This is simply not true. Showing those symbols is still allowed in connection with a) education and b) art.
FT337mZn: It is. I happen to know that the U-Boot museum in Cuxhaven was forced to fold one swastika flag, such that it is only half way visible.
I emigrated here years ago and I can tell you now, depending upon the situation Nazi symbols can be freely shown without censorship.
Where can I change the default language for GOG.com and all mails sent by GOG for my account?
I'm not interested in German GOG-mails or GOG.com being displayed in German by default.
FT337mZn: It is. I happen to know that the U-Boot museum in Cuxhaven was forced to fold one swastika flag, such that it is only half way visible.
BlueWolf1894: I emigrated here years ago and I can tell you now, depending upon the situation Nazi symbols can be freely shown without censorship.
Can you give an example of what you have in mind?
My only concern is that I will miss friends that are German speaking, just as those that are French speaking, Polish speaking, or anything other than English speaking.

It is all fine and good, my problem is more properly suited to my own ignorance, but it is hard to find the term for being called a "dumb ass," in most translating dictionaries.

Edit to add: I'm sure that many can help me with this, in many languages!
Post edited March 06, 2015 by Dischord
My view of the website just forcible switched to german, despite my browser being set to load english versions of websites first? Sounds like a bug I suppose.

I need some default language setting or the website to obey what the browser asks for - the "location" setting sadly did nothing.
Dischord: My only concern is that I will miss friends that are German speaking, just as those that are French speaking, Polish speaking, or anything other than English speaking.

It is all fine and good, my problem is more properly suited to my own ignorance, but it is hard to find the term for being called a "dumb ass," in most translating dictionaries.

Edit to add: I'm sure that many can help me with this, in many languages!
My favourite online en<->ger dictionary (dict.leo.org) actually figures "dumb ass" amongst its entries, even though it doesn't feature the translation I would think of naturally, which is "Dummbatz".
FT337mZn: My favourite online en<->ger dictionary (dict.leo.org) actually figures "dumb ass" amongst its entries, even though it doesn't feature the translation I would think of naturally, which is "Dummbatz".
Thanks for the link, and will smile every time I see if it is associated :-)
I thought this would be the appropriate thread to point out that the Commandos Collection is currently $1.29 at the Humble Store. Out of curiosity, can German users see this promo?
Attachments:
commandos.jpg (286 Kb)
fronzelneekburm: I thought this would be the appropriate thread to point out that the Commandos Collection is currently $1.29 at the Humble Store. Out of curiosity, can German users see this promo?
I remember hearing from a German user that Commandos games are also not available on the Humble Store. Let's see if I can find the post.
fronzelneekburm: I thought this would be the appropriate thread to point out that the Commandos Collection is currently $1.29 at the Humble Store. Out of curiosity, can German users see this promo?
Doesn't show up for me. Looking for "commandos" in the search bar actually tells me that there's one result, but it won't show it to me.