It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Today we have a HUGE surprise for all classic game fans! 4 outstanding titles return to GOG.COM, accompanied by a special message from their publisher:

„Syndicate and Ultima Underworld are back! It seems that twenty years on there’s still plenty of love for these titles so we’re pleased to confirm that effective immediately they’ll be available again on GOG, and we’ll be keeping them in the store for the foreseeable future. To celebrate this we’re offering these games as a free download for four weeks.”

That’s right! Until the 3rd of September 2021, 5 PM UTC, you can grab copies of Syndicate Plus™, Syndicate Wars, and Ultima Underworld I & II free of charge.

So, don’t hesitate any longer and dive into the captivating worlds of those classic gems!
AlexTerranova: Glad to see the classics back! :)
NuffCatnip: By the way, in two months American McGee's Alice celebrates its 20th birthday, I know iknow, EA doesn't want to acknowledge this games existence, but maybe, just maybe try to give this game a place on gog. Many would appreceate it. ;)
AlexTerranova: For me American McGee's Alice has been one the most awaited games on GOG for years.)
Same, I have the sequel on a disc and I'm pretty sure the first game is icncluded as well, you just have to change a line in the .ini to unlock the game. :)
Too bad I don't have a dvd drive anymore, I need to borrow an external dvd drive to test it. :P
I too bought them when I heard that they were to be removed. Sad panda. :(
Very nice, thank you!
GOG.com: „Syndicate and Ultima Underworld are back! It seems that twenty years on there’s still plenty of love for these titles so we’re pleased to confirm that effective immediately they’ll be available again on GOG, and we’ll be keeping them in the store for the foreseeable future. To celebrate this we’re offering these games as a free download for four weeks.”
I think EA will find that there's still plenty of love for many other oldies in their back catalog, if only they would re-release them here. :) I'm grateful these are back, and here's hoping these won't be the only EA releases on GOG for the next 4 or 5 years.
Thanks for free pack of games, Now I have full complect of Ultima games,- great!
Post edited August 07, 2021 by LifeLover
Thank You for free games. :)
Yes! Yes!!! Thanks GOG for being awesome!
GOG.com: „Syndicate and Ultima Underworld are back! It seems that twenty years on there’s still plenty of love for these titles so we’re pleased to confirm that effective immediately they’ll be available again on GOG, and we’ll be keeping them in the store for the foreseeable future. To celebrate this we’re offering these games as a free download for four weeks.”
SCPM: I think EA will find that there's still plenty of love for many other oldies in their back catalog, if only they would re-release them here. :) I'm grateful these are back, and here's hoping these won't be the only EA releases on GOG for the next 4 or 5 years.
Looking at you, "Centurion : Defender of Rome" and "Zany Golf".
high rated
(I won't keep spamming this but I'm worried it got lost / won't be seen at the bottom of the previous page.)

I made a post on the EA forums thanking them for the freebies and of course asking for more GOG releases.
Even though I got these long ago (boxed and digital), it was a shame to see them go and a joy to see them come back. I guess when publishers pull games from storefronts they have their reasons whether we agree with them or not..

Anyways, thanks EA and GOG for bringing them back. I am sure this type of reversal has happened before, but let's hope other publishers follow this example and bring back other games that have vanished.

PS: Remember: If you see a game you really-really like...new or old and you have the $$$ at the moment...buy it while you can and no regrets later!
Post edited August 07, 2021 by allope
Thank you!
Thanks GOG! ^_^
Wow! What a pleasant surprise! Thank you very much for this, GOG. You're awesome!
I'll just echo the general mood here, as it's a view I share: Nice to see EA doing something that isn't cartoonishly evil just once. Hopefully this means we'll see more games from them in the future.
Foxhack: I bought ultima underworld just before it got delisted.

I just requested a refund and it's pending. :)
SLP2000: I really hope you'll get banned for this.
EA refuses to give regional pricing to most of their catalog in my region. I would gladly spend more money on their catalog if they were adjusted to something more affordable.

I've been asking for fair pricing since regional pricing began. And while some of their newer catalog did get adjusted pricing, the older stuff did not.

The only company that'll lose money with this refund will be EA. I intend to spend the money I get back on other GOG products.

Now shoo.
Post edited August 08, 2021 by Foxhack