It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

There are two things that matter to all of us gamers: the games we play and the friends we play them with. But as more titles come with dedicated launchers and clients, our games and gaming buddies become scattered in between them. With GOG GALAXY 2.0, you’ll be able to combine multiple libraries into one and connect with your friends across all gaming platforms!

As gamers, we need to juggle between multiple clients to access our games and see what our friends are playing,” says Piotr Karwowski, Managing Director at GOG. “We believe gamers deserve a better experience, and this became the driving force to redefine GOG GALAXY client,” Karwowski adds. “GOG GALAXY 2.0 is designed for all gamers and extends well beyond existing GOG.COM users, into both PC and console platforms.

Once you connect GOG GALAXY 2.0 with other platforms, it will import all your games into one library. You will see your friends activities and online status across connected platforms. All new library and friends features apply to your GOG.COM games and enhance your experience. And it’s designed to protect your privacy – your data belongs to you and will never be shared with third parties. We see it as an all-in-one solution for the present-day gamer.

Experience GOG GALAXY 2.0 yourself — sign up for the closed beta at www.gogalaxy.com and be among the first to get access to it!

Learn more about our vision.
Main features and what to expect once GOG GALAXY 2.0 officially launches.

Your Games.
Import all your games from PC and consoles, build and organize them into one master collection. Install and launch any PC game you own, no matter the platform.

Keep track of all your achievements, hours played and games owned.

Customize your library by filtering, sorting, tagging, and adding your own visuals like game backgrounds or covers.

Follow upcoming releases and discover games popular among your friends and the gaming community.

Your Friends.
Bring together your friends from all platforms and see their online status.

No matter on which platform your friends are, you can chat with them.

See your friends’ cross-platform achievements, game time milestones and recently played games.

See who’s the master collector, completionist or spends the most time playing.

Your Privacy.
Your personal data will never be shared with third parties.

We’re not spying on data from your computer.

With a single click, you can remove imported games and friends data from our servers.

Your GOG Client.
All new library management and friends features take your experience to the next level.

The best way to run and update your GOG games.

Use features like cloud saving, in-game overlay, multiplayer & matchmaking, rollbacks and more.

The client is not required to play your DRM-free GOG games.

More
Connect more platforms and add new features with open-source integrations.

All customizations and changes to your library are saved in the cloud and synced between all your devices.

Save any view like a customized library or favorite games and friends to access them instantly.

GOG GALAXY 2.0 will be available for Windows and Mac for free.
Post edited May 24, 2019 by elcook
GOG GALAXY 2 ELECTRIC BOOGALOO
high rated
Linux version would be nice!
ShawnHopscotch: Question:

Considering how far too many digital platforms do not have a way or means to back up (or restore) our purchases to and from removable media (CD/DVD/BluRay) will Gog Galaxy 2.0 have a way for us to do this?
BitMaster_1980: I'm not sure what you are asking for. After I bought something I open it in Galaxy's library and start the download of all the extras and offline installers there. Once the download is complete, I run the installers and if Galaxy is open while I do so (which is practically always is) the game is automatically registered as installed there and from then on I use Galaxy to launch it. Afterwards, the installers are moved to my to-be-archived-externally-later location.
That has worked fine since the very first time I used Galaxy. I haven't tried 2.0 yet but I expect it to still work the same.

What more do you want? Using Galaxy to directly burn to optical media sounds like a lot of pointless effort, especially since external hard disks seem to be cheaper and more reliable than self-burnt optical disks were.
I'm sorry. I should have been more specific.

*Does Steam have a backup/restore tool?

Yes, but it still requires the Internet to reactivate which is bad if your Internet connection is untrustworthy and it can only be used for Steam games.

*Does Origin have a backup/restore tool?

No.

*Does Uplay have a backup/restore tool?

No.

*Does Epic have a backup/restore tool?

No.

*Does the Microsoft Store have a backup/restore tool?

No. Not for digital purchases.

*Does Arc have a backup/restore tool?

No.

If GOG Galaxy 2.0 is going to scan our computers to consolodate all of our games (including those from Steam, Origin, Uplay, Epic, Microsoft, Arc, etc.) into one library managed by GOG Galaxy 2.0, could the GOG Galaxy 2.0 client include a backup tool to back up everything added to the consolodated video game library onto removable media (CD/DVD/BluRay)?

And so, for example: I would not have to repeatedly redownload a game I bought from Origin if I used GOG Galaxy 2.0 to burn a complete scanned snapshot of the installed Origin game's files, registry entries and client info to DVD-R. Same would apply for all of the others (Steam, Uplay, Epic, Microsoft, Arc, etc.).
ShawnHopscotch: I'm sorry. I should have been more specific.

*Does Steam have a backup/restore tool?

Yes, but it still requires the Internet to reactivate which is bad if your Internet connection is untrustworthy and it can only be used for Steam games.

*Does Origin have a backup/restore tool?

No.

*Does Uplay have a backup/restore tool?

No.

*Does Epic have a backup/restore tool?

No.

*Does the Microsoft Store have a backup/restore tool?

No. Not for digital purchases.

*Does Arc have a backup/restore tool?

No.

If GOG Galaxy 2.0 is going to scan our computers to consolodate all of our games (including those from Steam, Origin, Uplay, Epic, Microsoft, Arc, etc.) into one library managed by GOG Galaxy 2.0, could the GOG Galaxy 2.0 client include a backup tool to back up everything added to the consolodated video game library onto removable media (CD/DVD/BluRay)?

And so, for example: I would not have to repeatedly redownload a game I bought from Origin if I used GOG Galaxy 2.0 to burn a complete scanned snapshot of the installed Origin game's files, registry entries and client info to DVD-R. Same would apply for all of the others (Steam, Uplay, Epic, Microsoft, Arc, etc.).
I think you're misunderstanding what it will do. It will import your library from Steam or Uplay using your login info, much like Launchbox, Lutris or Playnite. It won't specifically scan your harddrive for games to add, and instantly know where the games came from. They also won't be able to offer a back-up utility for legal reasons. It's one of those things wherein if the provider doesn't do it, they may not be allowed, or think it's worth their time. If someone else does it, great. When someone else offers to do it to their files, that's crossing a boundary.
tbh im not excited for this cos i bet you still need the other launchers installed like steam,epic and all the others to play the games, i doubt these greedy companys have just had a change of heart and let all there games be playable on gog without having there DRM launchers.
moobot83: tbh im not excited for this cos i bet you still need the other launchers installed like steam,epic and all the others to play the games, i doubt these greedy companys have just had a change of heart and let all there games be playable on gog without having there DRM launchers.
Probably
This looks amazing, can't wait to see it in action.
im still on 1.2.51 BETA client, why cos it works and i can still play my games, i dnt care about features and stuff
paladin181: They also won't be able to offer a back-up utility for legal reasons.
That's just not true. There's nothing illegal about offering backup utilities, and plenty of companies do.
GOG.com: Your Privacy.
Your personal data will never be shared with third parties.

We’re not spying on data from your computer.

With a single click, you can remove imported games and friends data from our servers.
GOG, if you mean that you are importing information about games and people (t.i. friends) from other services and then uploading that info to your servers... Well, that has been a bad idea for other companies like Facebook and Yahoo! and so on. You become a target because you collected all of that information.

Seems best to leave it on the person's computer and not store it on your servers. Fine for GOG data to be on GOG servers, but you are taking up a huge responsibility by collecting information from other services and saving to GOG servers. Leave it on the person's computer (and encrypted), then it's not centralized on your servers and not your responsibility.
low rated
Fate-is-one-edge: You know someone has violated forum rules when their comment gets removed!
FTFY

That post would have been removed regardless of who made it.

And I'm pretty sure "snowflake" is one word.
Post edited May 27, 2019 by tinyE
22211 votes as of this writing: https://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy/release_the_gog_galaxy_client_for_linux

I wonder what the threshold is for GOG to make it a priority.

Edit:

They completed number 2, 4, 5, 6 and a bunch of others before number 1: https://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy#order=votes_total

I suggest that when Galaxy 2.0 has launched with the full feature set they are advertising for it, they do not add any new features until number one can be marked "complete".
Post edited May 27, 2019 by Kristian
Wouldn't it be lovely to know how much these 22k voters have spent money on GOG.
After releasing of the Galaxy 2, will Galaxy 1 stay as the Galaxy Classic with it's own updates?
Post edited May 27, 2019 by erbello
This particular wish is a special case because its votes were merged with the ones for "Keep Galaxy optional" as a result of a bug and it was never fixed. It still shows my vote even though I didn't actually voted for it (because I am not interested in a client right now, no matter the OS). So we can't know exactly how many people have truly voted for it. However...

Kristian: I wonder what the threshold is for GOG to make it a priority.
There is no such threshold. Having a bunch of votes does not guarantee that GOG will pursue a wish. It's not a binding contract. I think the community wishlish is more focused towards having something to show up while negotiating with publishers ("hey, several users in my platform want to buy your game there!"). Which is not unimportant, just not how most people believe it works.
Post edited May 27, 2019 by ConsulCaesar