It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

There are two things that matter to all of us gamers: the games we play and the friends we play them with. But as more titles come with dedicated launchers and clients, our games and gaming buddies become scattered in between them. With GOG GALAXY 2.0, you’ll be able to combine multiple libraries into one and connect with your friends across all gaming platforms!

As gamers, we need to juggle between multiple clients to access our games and see what our friends are playing,” says Piotr Karwowski, Managing Director at GOG. “We believe gamers deserve a better experience, and this became the driving force to redefine GOG GALAXY client,” Karwowski adds. “GOG GALAXY 2.0 is designed for all gamers and extends well beyond existing GOG.COM users, into both PC and console platforms.

Once you connect GOG GALAXY 2.0 with other platforms, it will import all your games into one library. You will see your friends activities and online status across connected platforms. All new library and friends features apply to your GOG.COM games and enhance your experience. And it’s designed to protect your privacy – your data belongs to you and will never be shared with third parties. We see it as an all-in-one solution for the present-day gamer.

Experience GOG GALAXY 2.0 yourself — sign up for the closed beta at www.gogalaxy.com and be among the first to get access to it!

Learn more about our vision.
Main features and what to expect once GOG GALAXY 2.0 officially launches.

Your Games.
Import all your games from PC and consoles, build and organize them into one master collection. Install and launch any PC game you own, no matter the platform.

Keep track of all your achievements, hours played and games owned.

Customize your library by filtering, sorting, tagging, and adding your own visuals like game backgrounds or covers.

Follow upcoming releases and discover games popular among your friends and the gaming community.

Your Friends.
Bring together your friends from all platforms and see their online status.

No matter on which platform your friends are, you can chat with them.

See your friends’ cross-platform achievements, game time milestones and recently played games.

See who’s the master collector, completionist or spends the most time playing.

Your Privacy.
Your personal data will never be shared with third parties.

We’re not spying on data from your computer.

With a single click, you can remove imported games and friends data from our servers.

Your GOG Client.
All new library management and friends features take your experience to the next level.

The best way to run and update your GOG games.

Use features like cloud saving, in-game overlay, multiplayer & matchmaking, rollbacks and more.

The client is not required to play your DRM-free GOG games.

More
Connect more platforms and add new features with open-source integrations.

All customizations and changes to your library are saved in the cloud and synced between all your devices.

Save any view like a customized library or favorite games and friends to access them instantly.

GOG GALAXY 2.0 will be available for Windows and Mac for free.
Post edited May 24, 2019 by elcook
chandra: Yes, adding single games will be possible :)
Awesome, I've been waiting for this for ages :-)

Finally The Stanley Parable and Half-Life in Galaxy...
visconteprimus: Not to be annoying but I repeat my previous question.

I'm not interested in this feature at all and I want to keep using the old GOG Downloader.

Will it be still possible?
TerriblePurpose: Why would it not? This doesn't change the fact that you can still DL the off-line installers, and even though the DLer is not officially supported anymore (and hasn't been for years), I see no reason why this new Galaxy client would mean GOG's not going to provide the DLer links anymore. Although it would be understandable if they decided to finally end it.
Thanks but... I really wanna read a clear answer about my concern from someone of GOG Team.
high rated
And again, No Linux support... ¬¬
low rated
slamdunk: question: I use Galaxy but I don't use Steam. what does this update have to offer me? thanks!
LoL

You can potentially interconnect with all other clients you don t use.
A UI cloned from steam (but hopefully not), and additional instabilities due to the bera code.

As a bonus to the above, some nice additional features like... Adding games from everywhere else om your HDD/SSD that, if you don t use other stores, mostnpribably means pirated games ;)

Enjoy

I will end up usi g Galaxy 2 for sure.

Yhst doesn t mean that I don t see the resources to be better employed in fixing the damn web store that is crap.

Revamoing your curation strategy.

Enabling developers faster and on time updates of their games.

Who cares of interconnecting.
I don t want to soend a single minute to configure galaxy 2 to lisy my steam games, while I still need steam app installed.

On top you keep bringing crap indie platformers...
Post edited May 22, 2019 by OldOldGamer
high rated
chandra: GOG GALAXY 2.0 is not only a launcher, it's so much more ;)
To give one example, it's not only a way to connect all fo your games in one place, but also friends.

More on that here - https://www.gogalaxy.com/en/
cybercthulhu: What about things like Steam's integrated controller support? I use it a lot because it lets me play with my Dualshock 4, which I need due to health issues with my hands.

That kind of thing will not be accesible with Galaxy 2.0, right? If not, then I'll have to stick to Steam.
If the game you want to launch in in your Steam library, it will launch this client in the background, so taking advantage of their integrated controller support shouldn't be a problem ;)
high rated
Not even a tar.gz for us Linux Users, eh?

Don't worry, we wouldn't reverse engineer Galaxy even if we wanted.

Because we could easily do one better.

Addendum:

Reading over the spiel, I've got a few opinions. Considering I've spend over two cents, I feel I could well do to air these.

A. CONNECT EVERYTHING.

I'm a social hermit, this feature is about as useful for me as telling me where the nearest frat party is.

B. Your games.

Now when you say, "consoles"…? Because all I've got are old SNES games.

C. Friends.

Weirdly enough, I've got this thing called Discord which does this, and I thought we all agreed to stop giving a dog's backside about achievements about 5 years ago.

D. Privacy.

Well, no change there. Fair enough.

E. The Client.

All this and more, for only 5.99 and more, and we still can't be bothered to even give the Linux users the source or something, throw a bone!

F) More.

In summary, what does GOG Galaxy do that someone with Lutris and Discord does not?

Edit: Also, are the forums ever going to get an update? Because these are basically the same forums that have been here for over a decade, is my understanding.
Post edited May 22, 2019 by Darvond
low rated
Reglisse: Just need Linux and It's going to be P-E-R-F-E-C-T !
I'd be more than happy with Proton. There, I said it.
Seeing Halo and Gears of War on the https://www.gogalaxy.com/en/ site is cool for sure but I assume its just showing how you can see games you played on other services, not a sign of those coming to GOG.
That feeling when you you saw covers from Forza, Gears of War and Halo, but then you realize that Galaxy connects with the other platforms and the pictures come from them.
high rated
StarChan: I'm worried about the offline innstallers. What are your long term plans for those? Is there any chance that you could heighten their status by increasing their visibility?
chandra: No need to worry, we are DRM-free first and foremost and there aren't any plans to change that, it won't happen :)
The client remains optional and not required to play your DRM-free GOG games.
I'm not sure you fully understand the situation. Your DRM-free stance is a solid + but not the main reason I prefer to shop here. The single most valuable feature you have is the ability to download the back-up which allows me to install from my hard drive. So of GOG shuts down I still have the game and can still play it. This is why I'm willing to pay full price on this service and will likely do so for Cyberpunk 2077, Bloodlines 2, System Shock, and a few others.

Galaxy installs from the server, correct? So if GOG shuts down then the games I bought from you are gone. The same goes for Steam, Epic, Origin, and most of the others. Your response to this post and Galaxy's focus on install from the server suggests you may not see the high value some of us place in the back-ups.

Any chance Galaxy 2.0 can be set-up to download the back-up first and then us that to install the game?
One client to rule them all... o.O
what
Post edited May 22, 2019 by AggelosMw
high rated
Just don't screw up the normal download function. That's all I use Galaxy for - to download DRM-free installers.

Keep it optimized and compact please - I'll be rather irritated if all these social features dramatically increase the size of the program and tank performance.
This is good news!

Now we know what y'all have been working on instead of all the things we tell you you should be working on.

Nice work!

I have signed up and look forward to trying out the beta.
high rated
Drosa: I'm not sure you fully understand the situation. Your DRM-free stance is a solid + but not the main reason I prefer to shop here. The single most valuable feature you have is the ability to download the back-up which allows me to install from my hard drive.
But isn't the fact that the games are DRM-free here exactly what allows you to download that kind of installer?